2nd July 2012, 03:49 PM
Joyson Thangjam

How to join Indian Air Force after passing 12th science?

Sir, i am in clas 12 science.i would like to join the indian airforce,can i join the indian airforce.please reply me soon

12th July 2012, 10:26 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Air Force after passing 12th science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyson Thangjam View Post
Sir, i am in clas 12 science.i would like to join the indian airforce,can i join the indian airforce.please reply me soon
After qualifying +2 level of examination with Science, there are two options available to join Indian Air Force:

Join as an Officer Through National Defense Academy
Join as an Airman in Group X

Now, to become an Officer, you will have to first of all undergo training at the Air Force wing of National Defense Academy and to get admission in the academy, you will have to qualify NDA Exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Candidates who have studied Physics and Mathematics in the higher secondary level and within the age limit of 16.5 to 19 years are only considered eligible for the examination.

To be considered eligible for the position of an Airman, you must have passed higher secondary examination with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and must have studied Physics and Mathematics in the same. As far as age limit is concerned, the minimum eligible age is 17 years and the maximum age limit is 22 years.

For further information, refer to www.careerairforce.nic.in
13th July 2012, 01:17 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

After 12th science class, you can try for jobs in Indian Air force. You have to be an unmarried male candidate for this. Also you need to attend UPSC NDA exam as part of this. Minimum age limit for this is 16.5 years. Higher age limit is 19 years. You have to clear written examination at an initial stage. On clearing this exam, you should also appear for physical test and personal interview.
21st November 2012, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

sir, i want to join the iaf. as, i have passed my 12th class exam. with 55% marks.what process i have to start for it. how i will prepare myself to qualify the iaf exam.
4th May 2013, 08:22 AM
Unregistered

sir i have 45%in 12science. will i go in the air force.
11th June 2013, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

sir i passed 2 in science medical i.e.physics'chemistry,biology' so how i can join IAF please tell me in details (with thanks)
11th July 2013, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

how to join Air Force after B.tech?
12th July 2013, 05:44 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: How to join Indian Air Force after passing 12th science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyson Thangjam View Post

Dear Friend,

Yes , off course you are eligible for India Air Force Exam after completing 12th science......

You can apply for NDA exam....

NDA stands for the National Defense Academy, This exam is conducted by Union Public Service twice tie in year as NDA-I and NDA-II.......

NDA is conducted in three wings : (1). Indian Army, (2). Indian Navy and( 3). Indian Air Force.....

NDA exam is conducted in Three Wings:
  1. Indian Army
  2. Indian Navy
  3. Indian Air Force

Eligibility and Criteria:

A candidate must have completed their 12th science with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Maths from recognized Board are eligible for Indian Navy And Air Force wing exam exam.....

OR

A candidate must have completed their 12th std in commerce and arts stream from recognized Board are eligible for only Indian Army wing...

Final years of 12th std students also eligible for this exam. there is No any Percentages Requirement for being applicable all just candidate have to passed out their 12th enough....

Exam Pattern:-

1. Written Exam,

2. SSB Interview and

3. Medical Test

Physical Requirement:-

All the best.........
12th September 2013, 11:26 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Joyson,

If you will pass the 12th std. with Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics as key subjects , only then you will be eligible to join the Indian Air Force through the NDA Examination.

The NDA Examination is the quickest way through which you can join different wings of Indian Defense right after passing 12th.

The NDA Examination is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission twice in the months of April And August as NDA-I and NDA-II respectively.

Through the NDA Examination , you have the chance to join the following wings of National Defense Academy.

The NDA Examination is conducted in the following phases :

1) Written examination

2) SSB Interview

3) Physical Test

The Essential Requirements of the NDA Examination are :

>> The candidate must have passed Higher secondary with PCM from any recognized board.

>> The candidate does not require any specific % of marks in 12th as their is no percentage bar set by the UPSC for the NDA Exam.

>> The candidates appearing in std. 12th can also apply.

>> The candidate must be a male .

>> The candidate must be unmarried.

>> Age Limit :

** The age of the candidate must lie in between 16.5-19 years with no relaxation given in upper age to anyone.

>> Nationality :

** The candidate must be an Indian. OR,

** A Subject of Nepal. OR,

** A Subject of Bhutan.

>> Physical Fitness Required :

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
21st February 2014, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

How many students are selected from the NDA written test for the SSB interview...
7th May 2014, 02:48 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Age should be between 19-23 Years and aspiring candidates has to be Graduates (Three Year Course) in any discipline and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level OR BE / B Tech (Four Year Course) and should scored Minimum 60% in all papers put together. For technical entry, both Male/Female candidates should be between 18-28 Years and have acquired four year degree qualification from a recognized University.
Generally, one can be a part of any of the three branches of the Airforce after completing your graduation, Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground Duties Branch. Air Force Common Admission Test or AFCAT is by far the biggest exam conducted for entry into the IAF. Candidates after appearing for the written test has to undergo (AFSB)SSB . The written test is same for all the candidates irrespective of the Branch Applied i.e. Flying, Technical or Ground Duties.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?