3rd August 2013, 07:14 PM
laxman goswami

How to join merchant navy after clearing 12th with Maths

sir i have cleared 12th with maths i want to to join merchant navy.pleas help me how i can join it

10th May 2016, 08:01 AM
sah.alok932

Default Re: How to join merchant navy after clearing 12th with Maths

The two most popular ways to join merchant navy after 12 are
1)After completing B.Sc in nautical science,a bachelor degree in nautical science of full time three year is necessary to become a merchant navy.
Must have passed Intermediate with Physics,Chemistry and Maths with 60%.
Must have good vision,physical fitness is equally required.
course fees is high compare to other bachelor courses.
It costs nearly 8 lakhs to complete three course of B.Sc in nautical science.
It can be done done only after completing Intermediate.

2)Another way is to study B.Tech in marine engineering, a 4 year bachelor course in engineering to become a merchant navy.
After completing Intermediate with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics and qualifying for a engineering entrance exam one can study four year engineering in marine engineering.
It is mandatory to appear for entrance exam to study marine engineering.
Physical fitness is equally important.
Course fees various around 7-8 lakh around four year,can be done only after completing Intermediate/10+2 with pure science stream.

Apart from these there is one more to become merchant navy,that is to after completing engineering in mechanical engineering stream,one can become merchant navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?