25th July 2011, 07:46 PM
yatindra.kumar1

How many months/Hours/days are required for GATE preparation for an Average Student of Computer Science?

how many months and how many hours/day are needed for GATE preparation for a average student of computer science

26th July 2011, 11:19 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many months/Hours/days are required for GATE preparation for an Average Student of Computer Science?

this is very much difficult to give suggestion that how much you should study to clear GATE examination. actually it will totally depends on the person. it varies from person to person. some students study a little bit but get good marks but some students are there those study a lot but never get marks according to their effort. so it is completely depend on personal capability.

still for a average students i can say that if you want to just clear the cut off then three month study is sufficient for GATE examination. study 2 to 3 hours everyday attentively for GATE examination for three months i think you will clear the cut off of GATE examination.

but if you want to clear the GATE examination with very good score then you have to give very much effort. at least you have to study for six months attentively. if possible try to join in a coaching institution. hey will provide good study material and also model question papers. these are very much helpful to clear the GATE examination.

this is just a prediction for general candidates. may be you have to study more or less according to your capability. decide how much you should study according to your performance.

best of luck.
26th July 2011, 11:25 AM
saurav9889

Default Re: How many months/Hours/days are required for GATE preparation for an Average Student of Computer Science?

gate is an exam that focus more on conceptual knowledge than rote learning. hence the prep. time depends on the student itself. also for computer science students the exam has many theoretical questions associated hence go through all your sem subjects thoroughly. for an avg. student studying for 5-6 hrs. for a period of 5 months will suffice to clear the cut-off.
27th July 2011, 10:05 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...it does not matter whether you are an average student or an brilliant student to do well in gate examination you have to surely prepare hard and an minimum of 4 to 5 hours of sserious preperation is required all through the year only then you can expect an good rank in the gate examination irrespective of your branch and also a bit of smart work is also required ,you should go through the previous years papers and try to find the really important subjects and the general pattern of the examination ,like the maths questions are compartively very easy and asked from the basics so you should try to be really good with it and also the aptitude questions are quite easy so try to score as many you can in these two parts of the questions .also its better to take some kind of coaching from institutes like the ace academy in hyderabad and the made easy academy in delhi because it will surely help in getting good rank ,
the most impottant think to clear the gate exam is the attentiveness in your engineering classes because if you are attentive in classes then 50% of your preperation is don there itself and also follow the standard books for preperation rather than materials of the coaching academy,the materials should be used only for solving problems
6th August 2011, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

Hi, i worked in infosys for 4 years. i am bored of the IT field and somehow i feel that it is not for me. can i opt for appearing in gate? i have degree in chemical engg.--neha
6th August 2011, 04:23 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

A general student can crack GATE with the prepration of one month regularly
but this thing is fully depend on you some bright student can get admission through a less effort and some after doing a lot of work cant get selected because they don't do time management and study management.
It is clear to us that what we have to study and when so prepare it with full effort and try to clear the exam.
6th August 2011, 09:20 PM
sg1991

It does not matter how many hours you have studied or how much you have studied. What really matters is what you have studied. Just keep the following points in mind:

*Focus on quality and not quantity. Practice to solve a variety of questions rather than solving a number of questions of same type.

*Study the complete syllabus of GATE.

*Study on a daily basis. This will maintain continuity.

*Solve last 5 years papers of GATE.

*Make your own short notes.

*Keep revising the topics.

As far as the time is concerned, an average student can clear GATE with high percentile in just 1 month provided he has studied the topics properly at least once during his engineering.
16th September 2011, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

Im b.tech student ..my weekness point iz mujhe english bolne thodi problem hote h kya eska effect m.tech par padega
11th November 2011, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

hi i m an BE student, my weakness is procrastination.. how to overcome it and is 3 months sufficient for gate preparation to get
good marks and if so how much hours of at most dedication is needed?
8th December 2011, 10:56 AM
kunaldas1980

can i get success in gate 2012 after studying from December'2011 in 4 to 5 hours everyday.
31st August 2012, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

How many months/Hours/days are required for GATE preparation for an Average Student of electronics and communication?
11th September 2012, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: How many months/Hours/days are required for GATE preparation for an Average Student of Computer Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, i worked in infosys for 4 years. i am bored of the IT field and somehow i feel that it is not for me. can i opt for appearing in gate? i have degree in chemical engg.--neha
ya sure, u can go for gate its good option but the things is u have to revise all your engineering subject there u need time as u completed your engineering 4 year back so technical sub will take time
11th September 2012, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

i completed my engineering 2 years back, am from biotech branch and now i wants to go for gate, have only 5 months time and am working in software industry so can anyone suggest me how many hours should i need to get good rank, my office timing is 9 to 6pm
15th September 2012, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

how many hours required for gate preparation required
6th October 2012, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

I joined a coaching yesterday?4m nw how much tym i av 2 gv to get rank under 500
7th October 2012, 01:42 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

hello

gate is an exam that focus more on conceptual knowledge than rote learning. hence the prep. time depends on the student itself. also for computer science students the exam has many theoretical questions associated hence go through all your sem subjects thoroughly. for an avg. student studying for 5-6 hrs. for a period of 5 months will suffice to clear the cut-off.
21st June 2013, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

hi

now there are 7 months for me and I have joined coaching classes. how much time I should give in a day to get rank less than 500?
29th July 2013, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

M a 5 pointer EEE student nw,at 10 my pointer was 8 and 10 2 it was 6,can i clear gate with a good rank?
30th July 2013, 09:08 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatindra.kumar1 View Post
how many months and how many hours/day are needed for GATE preparation for a average student of computer science
First and Foremost thing which you should do is that you should prepare for this exam as per its syllabus and you should follow the given listed books which you should study for better Knowledge and Marks.

Syllabus for GATE Exam for Computer Science

Mathematics :
  1. Numerical Methods.
  2. Probability and Statistics.
  3. Automata Theory.
  4. Fuzzy Logic.
  5. Discrete mathematics.
  6. Crisp Logic and Numerical Methods.
Computer Science :
  1. Data Structure and Algorithm.
  2. Operating System.
  3. Computer Architecture.
  4. Database Management System.
  5. Compiler Design.
  6. Computer Networking.
  7. Wireless Application and its Protocols.
  8. Neural Networks and Artificial Intelligence.
  9. Software Engineering.

Best Books that you can prefer are

1. Discrete Mathematics by S.C.Gupta and V.K.Kappor.
  2. Numerical Methods by Nargish Deo.
  3. Linear Algebra by B.S.Grewal.
  4. Compiler Design by Ullman.
  5. Computer Networking by B.A.Frouzen.
  6. Software Engineering by Roger.S.Pressman.
  7. Algorithm and Data Structure by Horowitz and Sahani.
  8. Database Management System by Dr S.K.Singh.
  9. Neural Networks and Artificial Intelligence by John C.Martin.

You should study each and every subjects daily.You should give at least 2 hours per day for each subjects.Try to solve previous years questions and Model Test paper of GATE Exam.You will have to study at least above 14 hours a day to get good score and a good rank in GATE Exam.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf GATE 2013 CS-A.pdf(213.9 KB, 168 views)
File Type: pdf GATE 2013 CS-B.pdf(211.7 KB, 189 views)
File Type: pdf GATE 2013 CS-C.pdf(213.1 KB, 283 views)
File Type: pdf GATE 2013 CS-D.pdf(212.0 KB, 207 views)
File Type: pdf GATE 2013 Answer Key for A,B,C,D.pdf(8.2 KB, 127 views)
21st September 2015, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

I completed my btech 8 years back.can I apply for gate now.if so, how much prepation time is required
13th April 2020, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

Sir I'm in btech mechanical 3rd year and I was started my gate preparation so please give suggestions like how many hours study
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?