4th July 2011, 02:01 PM
riyssood

How may I apply for Ph.D course in psychology? Is there any provision for pursuing part time Ph.D course?

i have done msc nursing in psychiatry. now iam working as lecturer in ludhiana . how can i apply for phd in psychology.is there any provision for part time phd
.pls help

Related Questions:
  1. What are the perquisites for PhD in Clinical Psychology? -- [New]
  2. Can I apply in best university for Ph.D in Psychology if pursuing graduation from distance education? Is there any shortest way to pursue Ph.D program?
  3. How to apply for PhD in Computer science after completing MCA?
  4. Entrance exam for pursuing PhD from IITs?
  5. What is the procedure and details to be followed for doing Ph.D course in English in Maharashtra?
  6. Colleges in Mumbai who conducts PhD in Pharmaceutics? Difference between part time and full time PhD?
  7. How to do Ph.D after M.Pharmaceutics? Difference between parttime and fulltime PhD? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Can I go for B.A in psychology distance education and then proceed with M.A and PhD? PhD also comes with distance education?
  9. Reputed college or institute in India for PhD in CSE/IT? Whether to do regular PhD or part time?
  10. Universities in India which offer Part time PhD in Geography?
  11. List of universities which offer Part Time PhD in Computer Science to M.Sc postgraduate? Total expenses to study Part Time PhD?
  12. Possibility to do PhD in Children Psychology for MCA and B.Ed Degree holder? List of universities which offer PhD in Children Psychology?
  13. Can I do part time PhD being an M.Sc(IT) postgraduate of IGNOU?
  14. Prerequisite to do PhD in IIT? Whether IIT offer part time PhD? What about candidate self employed and want to pursue PhD in IIT?
  15. Procedure to get admission in Ph.D(Pharmaceutics)? For which subject I should apply for UGC-NET if want to study Ph.D in Ceutics? Basic difference between Part Time and Full Time Ph.D?
  16. Shall I go for M.Phil or PhD after completing MA in psychology?
  17. PhD part time/full time Computer Science in IIT or Foreign university?
  18. How can I get transfer from Madurai to Salem if pursuing PhD in Anna University? Procedure to convert full time PhD to part time?
14th January 2016, 04:39 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: How may I apply for Ph.D course in psychology? Is there any provision for pursuing part time Ph.D course?

You can definitely apply for PhD. course in psychology. But since you are working as a lecturer, it will be a little difficult for you to get admission in psychology in most universities. Only distance universities and few private universities allow you to take up part time PhD. now. You can try applying in distance education universities like PTU(Punjab Technical University) or IGNOU or Amity university. These universities are created so that people who are holding jobs currently can apply for PhD. or other higher education courses. These courses in regular universities and colleges are allowed to those candidates only who are not getting any financial help from anywhere. So I suggest you pick up the information brochure on PhD. in psychology from any of these universities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?