15th August 2013, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

How much marks are required to obtain MBBS general seat?

Howamany marks should obtain in entrance exam for MBBS general seat

14th August 2015, 11:24 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much marks are required to obtain MBBS general seat?

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and it is bachelor degree course of four years after completing which one steps to become doctor.

To get enrolled for this course in government medical college one has to clear the entrance examinations held for the selection of students for same course like AIPMT, BHU-PMT, State PMT, AIIMS entrance examination etc. .

For appearing in these examinations you must have the qualification given below :-

* You must have completed your senior secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as your main subjects with at least 60% aggregate from a recognized board of education. Relaxation upto 10% aggregate is provided for categories other than general as per the government norms.

* Your age must be within 17 years to 25 years till the final date of year in which you are appearing in the same examinations.

Now to get seats for MBBS course being a general candidate you need to secure almost around 70% marks in AIPMT and 50% marks other entrance examinations mentioned. Note :- this cutoff can vary as these are not fixed and changes with respect of overall performance of students appearing in the same examination and hence the cutoffs are based on the trends of marks followed by previous years examination cutoff.

For more details regarding the examinations mentioned above you can log on to their respective official link.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?