21st January 2016, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

How much more years are left to complete my M.Tech if yet not completed in 4 years?

Hi ,
I started my mtech in 2012 . i failed in one subject and i didn't wrote the exam in next supply...i wrote the exam in oct 2015..then how many chances(years)to complete the course.
somebody else told that this is the last year to complete the course otherwise there is no chance, is it true...

29th December 2016, 02:54 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How much more years are left to complete my M.Tech if yet not completed in 4 years?

This is a specific case of yours that we have to deal separately. But before that it is important to know details about the M.Tech course, what it is about, how to go about it, what is the duration within which it has to be completed and more.

M.Tech stands for Masters in Technology. It is a full time technical post graduation course that is of minimum 2 years duration. This means that a candidate has to spend a minimum 2 years on campus for this course to become a masters and post graduate.

The minimum criteria to get into an M.Tech course is the following:

1. The candidate must be a minimum B.Tech in one of the technology streams from a reputed college or university with a full time 4 years degree with no backlogs at the time of admission.

2. All candidates must sit for the GATE Exam i.e. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering which is an all India entrance exam for M.Tech conducted by the IITs. Once you crack it with good score, you shall be eligible for admissions.

Now coming to your query, I would say a lot of details are missing in your question as in which college / university are you from, what are the policies of the same etc.

It is also strange that even after not able to pass your exam in the year 2012, you did not attempt to clear it all these years. However, if the criteria of passing your M.Tech within 4 years of enrolment is true then I believe you still have an option of clearing the same.

I would recommend / suggest the following that you can do to get your M.Tech degree:

1. Get back in touch with your college authorities/administration in the best interest of knowing the details about these. Ask if you still have the option of passing your paper to get your M.Tech degree.

2. There maybe some amount that would be required to be paid such that you would be allow your re-exam. Do the needful.

3. Study and pass the exam as per your convenience and hopefully you shall be able to get through your M.Tech and get your degree.

4. DO NOT delay this any further since you may lose out on any possibilities also if you delay.

5. If there be no possibility that you get to know from your college i.e. there would be no option of re-appearing for your M.Tech backlog exam then I am afraid you would be to face this music / reality.
15th March 2019, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How much more years are left to complete my M.Tech if yet not completed in 4 years?

Can I complete mtech in 4 years because my thesis work is pending
24th March 2019, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How much more years are left to complete my M.Tech if yet not completed in 4 years?

Some university has different total duration:

1. Like two academic year i.e. 2 2
2. 3 academic year i.e. 2 3
15th July 2021, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

How much penalty should we pay if we complete Mtech in 5yrs..? Ie extension fee how much.??
10th August 2021, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

2years tarwatha enni years lo m.tech complete cheyavachu ?
12th October 2021, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

Hii
I joined mtech in 2012 and didn%u2019t complete it within the given time(chances 4 years from mtech enrolment),I took permission from colg and completed mtech in 2017 got PC in 2018.but there is no certificate regarding my thesis work to add in my mtech aggregate.is this mtech not useful?should I do mtech again?
22nd February 2023, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

I joined mtech in 2014 and I completed 3rd semester in 2016 after that I couldn't complete my thesis,is there any chance I can complete it now or can I get post graduation diploma degree.
22nd February 2023, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Can I complete M tech in 4 years because If my thesis work is pending.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?