2nd March 2019, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

How much one should score in Post Graduation in order to become eligible for UGC NET?

I have 42% marks in my Graduation. Now, I am doing my Post Graduation. If I complete my Post Graduation and score 55% overall then will I be eligible to apply for UGC NET examination?

6th March 2019, 09:37 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How much one should score in Post Graduation in order to become eligible for UGC NET?

The minimum education required for appearing in UGC NET is a postgraduation i.e; master's degree in concerned subject with at least 55% marks from a recognised university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category.

So, having completed your post graduation with 55% marks overall, you are eligible to apply for UGC NET in the paper of your post graduation degree irrespective of your marks in graduation or anyother degree course.

For more details regarding NET, you can refer to the link www.ntanet.nic.in.
6th March 2019, 09:25 PM
bokoma
Member+

Default Re: How much one should score in Post Graduation in order to become eligible for UGC NET?

Yes you are eligible for applying UGC NET exam.The eligibility for UGC NET are given as follows:
1.Candidates should get a minimum aggregate of 55% in post graduation.
2.candidates belonging to OBC and SC/ST should have minimum of 50% .
3.Even final year students can apply but if they fail to get minimum marks they will be disqualified.
With regards.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?