2nd March 2018, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET(Commerce) with 47.2% and 58% in Graduation and Post Graduation respectively?

Sir, I have scored only 47.2 % in my graduation. But I got 58% in my post graduation. I have studied Commerce in graduation and post graduation. I am not sure that I can be eligible for UGC-NET. Can I give UGC-NET for Commerce?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to appear in UGC-NET(Commerce) for a candidate with 42.7% in Graduation and 47.4% in Post Graduation?
  2. Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET(Life Science) with 51% and 49% in Graduation and Post Graduation respectively?
  3. Eligibility for UGC JRF after completing post graduation in Economics?
  4. Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET(Commerce) with 47.2% and 58% in Graduation and Post Graduation respectively?
  5. Can I appear for NET after pursuing graduation from Open and post graduation from regular college?
  6. Which post graduation course is good with 38% BA graduation in Marathi?
  7. Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET(Home Science) with 57% and 51% in Graduation and Post Graduation respectively? -- [New]
  8. Minimum qualification in graduation and post graduation to be eligible for UGC NET exam 2018?
  9. Eligibility to appear in UGC-NET for an OBC candidate with 51% in Graduation and 70% in PG?
  10. Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET with Commerce if completed Graduation in Commerce and Post Graduation in Economics?
  11. Can I apply for UGC-NET if completed Post Graduation in Environment & Development program?
  12. Will I be eligible for UGC lecturership after graduation and PG in English from IGNOU? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How to prepare for NET exam and which is the best book?
  14. Am I eligible to study Post Graduation in Economics being a B.Com graduate?
  15. PG diploma in Journalism is eligible for UGC NET exam?
  16. List of Universities where I can do Ph.D with 47% marks in Hindi Post Graduation?
  17. Is it compulsory to choose your Postgraduate subjects only for appearing in UGC NET?
  18. Eligibility for TGT exam to do B.Ed in J&K after graduation with 46% and post graduation in English with 47.5%?
15th March 2018, 03:15 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET(Commerce) with 47.2% and 58% in Graduation and Post Graduation respectively?

Eligibility Criteria Required to appear in UGC NET (Commerce) Entrance Examination:

According to my knowledge it is clearly mentioned about the percentage required is only about marks secured in PG course and not in Graduation. Hence, based on this statement I can say that you are certainly eligible to appear in UGC NET (Commerce) Entrance Examination. Basically there is a certain educational qualification that is required in order to be eligible.

>> You must have completed Master's Degree or Post Graduation in concerned stream with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university. And the minimum score required for reserved category candidates is just 50% marks.

>> Candidates who are pursuing their final year of Post Graduation are also eligible to appear in the Entrance Examination. As you have secured 58% marks which are more than required in Post Graduation, I can say that you are eligible to appear.
15th March 2018, 07:30 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET(Commerce) with 47.2% and 58% in Graduation and Post Graduation respectively?

Since, you have scored 58% of marks in your Post Graduation, you are very much eligible for UGC NET examination.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to appear for the
UGC NET examination for Ph.D admission.
16th March 2018, 12:03 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to appear in University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test with the percentage criteria that is mentioned above. Actually, the basic educational qualification required is as follows.

>> Candidates must have completed their Post Graduation or Master's Degree from a recognized university in concerned discipline from a recognized university.

>> You must have secured minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation in order to be eligible.

>> As you have scored more than 55% marks in Post Graduation, I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to apply for this UGC NET Examination.
16th March 2018, 12:46 AM
Careeradviser
Senior Member+

Yes, of course, you are eligible to apply for the UGC-NET entrance exam. You have got 58% percentage of marks at Master degree so definitely, you are eligible for a UGC NET entrance exam. No need to worry about your bachelor degree score.

-> Master degree in Commerce or its equivalent qualification with at least 55% of marks from a recognized university is a required education to be eligible for UGC NET Commerce exam.

- There is no age limit for NET exam, but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.

Official website - UGC NET
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?