28th September 2012, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

How much percentage is required to take admission in software engineering?

how much percentage required for taking admission in software engineering

Related Questions:
  1. How can I take admission for software engineering in Kerala?
  2. Percentage required for admission in engineering course? Minimum rank required for admission in RV college in CET and COMEDK
  3. How much percentage in intermediate is required to get admission in Aeronautical Engineering College in AP
  4. Way to get admission in Marine engineering? Percentage required in Diploma?
  5. Engineering colleges in Maharashtra considering Diploma students for admission? Percentage required to get into these colleges?
  6. How much percentage in 12th is required for career in software engineering? Which college should I join for career in this field?
  7. What's the eligibility criteria for getting a job as a software engineer in software companies?
  8. Colleges in Dehradun for Aeronautical engineering after 12th standard? Percentage required?
  9. Procedure to get admission in German Universities for MS in Aerospace Engineering? Procedure to get Visa and rues to pay amount? Minimum percentage requirement? -- [New]
  10. Percentage required in 12th Boards to get into Aeronautical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How much percentage is required in diploma Mechanical 3rd year for admission in government engineering college, Pune?
  12. What is the minimum percentage required for applying and admission
  13. Admission in Marine engineering after Diploma in Mechanical? Percentage required?
  14. Percentage required in 12th to get admission in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology courses? Main subjects in both the courses? Entrance exams required to be answered for Genetic Engineering?
  15. Date of sale of admission form? What is the percentage required for admission?
  16. How much percentage is enough to do software engineering?
  17. How can I get Admission in USA for Engineering after Diploma in IT? Minimum percentage required and scholarship?
  18. How much percentage is required in diploma to get admission in government engineering college?

29th September 2012, 09:37 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much percentage is required to take admission in software engineering?

The admission for Engineering courses are done through entrance exams or lateral entry. There are various entrance exams for admission in Engineering. Each state conducts its own entrance exam while the central govt also conducts a entrance exam. The top engineering entrance exams are:

IIT-JEE - For admissin in presigious Indian Institute of Technology

AIEEE - For admission in other central govt funded colleges.

Unfortunately both these exams have been scrapped and from now onwards ISEET would be the exam to take for admission in IIT or NIT. Soon it is expected that other states would also start accepting the ISEET entrance exam. Although it is not expected to happen next year when the ISEET would take place for the first time.

The eligibility criteria for ISEET almost the same as other entrance exams. However syllabus and exam pattern is very much likely to change.

Eligibility

1. Must have completed 12th with PCM as the subjects.

2. At least 40 percent marks in 12th board.

If you meet these requirements then you can appear for the ISEET entrance exam from next year onwards. The entrance exams for this year have been concluded already. The other way to seek admission is by completing diploma in Engineering after 10th. This way you can take admsision for Engineering through lateral entry.

29th September 2012, 03:05 PM
santhoshkumar1988

Default Re: How much percentage is required to take admission in software engineering?

Basic Eligibility

For admission in a bachelor’s degree, the candidate must have passed the higher secondary school certificate (10+2) examination with science subject such as biology, maths and chemistry.
For IITs, It is mandatory to qualify in the Joint Entrance Examinations (J.E.E).
The duration for this course is 4 years.

Basic eligible criteria for admission in software engineering will be attached
Attached Files
File Type: pdf eligibilitycriteria.PDF(112.3 KB, 697 views)

29th September 2012, 08:39 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI!
Friend If you want to join B.tech software engineering you have to pass 12th class with minimum 50% marks.

ELIGIBILITY FOR ENGINEERING EXAM:-
> Pass 12th with minimum 50% marks from recognized University or Board.
For ST/SC candidate minimum 45% marks is require.
> The age limit for exam is 17-25 year.
> Maximum number of attempts is 3.

For admission in top college you have to qualify the entrance exam like:-
> I.I.T-J.E.E
> A.I.E.E.E
> B.I.T.S.A.T
> M.I.E.E.E
> S.R.M.E.E.E
> D.C.E-C.E.T
> E.M.C.E.T
> I.P-C.E.T
etc

ALL THE BEST!

30th September 2012, 02:03 AM
kavya23195

There is no fixed figure for the percentage required to get selected for software engineering. It varies from college to college according to their respective eligibility criteria. Also most colleges in india admit students on the basis of their ranks in various entrance examination such as IIT JEE, AIEEE and various state level as well as college organized entrance examinations...however if you want to apply for an undergraduate degree in 2013, all government affiliated engineering schools will host a joint entrance examination based on the rank of which you might get selected. Registration for this will be open in october 2012

30th October 2012, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

i am class 12... i want to pursue a coarse in database administration or software engineering. which one is preferable?

30th October 2012, 10:42 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

In order to get admission in software engineering, you will have to pass the entrance exams.

These are the names of few exams for engineering courses -

IITJEE

AIEEE

KCET

Bharti Vidyapeeth

Eligibility criteria for the exam -

Minimum class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as main subjects from a recognised school.

After you pass the exam, you will get the counselling letter and you can choose the college of your interest as per your rank.

31st October 2012, 08:02 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hi,
I think you mean the percentage for the H.S. course or the higher secondary or I.S.E marks required. Well then it varies from college to college. You can afford to get very low in 12th standard or else even if you get a tremendous rank in engineering entrance examinations like AIEEE or JEE or EAMCET, you will rejected just because of your 12th standard marks.
Now, do not make your 12th standard marks less than 50% at all. Mostly colleges prefer 50-55% in the 12th standard or above this. So if you have this backing and along with that a good rank in any of the engineering entrance examinations, that I mentioned, then getting in software engineering branch and that too in your favorite college will be easier.

31st October 2012, 10:09 AM
priyankasree

Thumbs up Re: How much percentage is required to take admission in software engineering?

Quote:
hi, you have to write iit jee, aieee,state level exams.
you should pass 12th and qualify the entrance exam.
JEE 2013 Eligibility:

The minimum academic qualification for appearing in JEE 2013 is that the candidate must have passed in final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination Those appearing in 10+2 (Class XII) final or equivalent examination in 2013 may also appear in JEE 2013 provisionally.

LIST OF QUALIFYING EXAMINATIONS:
  • The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
  • Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
  • Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
  • Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
  • H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
  • A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
  • 3 or 4-year diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.

JEE Eligibility Details:

Students have to score following State-wise percentage to be eligible for IITJEE test:
  • Less than 50% : Meghalaya & Nagaland.
  • 50% - 60% : Assam, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Jharkhand, Mizoram, Orissa, Tripura, Uttarakhand, West Bengal.
  • 60% - 70% : Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Manipur, Madhya Pradesh, National Open School.
  • 70% - 80% : CBSE, Kerala, Punjab, Tamil Nadu.
  • Above 80% : Andhra Pradesh.
<LI class=style5>15 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and IT-BHU, Varanasi & ISMU, Dhanbad.
  • 30 National Institutes of Technology (NITs)
  • 5 Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs)
  • 6 Indian Institutes of Science Education & Research (IISERs)
  • 1 Indian Institute of Science (IISc) – (only BS Course / Programme).
  • Several other Govt. / centrally-funded institutions.
  • Some private Colleges / universities at National level

31st October 2012, 10:34 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

percentage required to take admission in software engineering

>>60% in +2 with PCM

or else

you can sit for IITJEE..

List of colleges that offer SE:

31st October 2012, 11:18 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Dear aspirant,

-Percentage is not the criteria for admission into software engineering.

-You should have passed 10+2 with physics ,chemistry and maths subjects.

-You can apply for various engineering entrances like AIEEE, IIT JEE and other state level engineering entrance exams.

-From next years there will be a common entrance for AIEEE and IIT JEE . The name for that entrance will be ISEET.

-You have to get a good rank to get admission in a good college.

-For getting goof rank you should have good knowledge of physics , chemistry and maths

-So start preparing for these subjects so that you can get a good rank.

BEST OF LUCK....

31st October 2012, 12:26 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

Now a day in world become Revolution of Technology in Computer Branch and Information Technology branch are Leading world....

So, If you are aspiring to Become an Software Engineer then you have very Bright Future now a days.....

>> For that first of all you have to complete your 12th Standard with at least 65% from Recognized Universities with A-Group.....

>> You have Maths as main subjects in 12th std...

>> Then you should have to apply for different Engineering Entrance exam like AIEEE, IIT-JEE etc.....

>> Crack it ith Good score then you can achieve your desire Branch of Engineering in This case Software Engineering.....

All the best

With Regards.....
Dharm

31st October 2012, 04:35 PM
ssreeja

Quote:
i am class 12... i want to pursue a coarse in database administration or software engineering. which one is preferable?

The admission for Engineering courses are done through entrance exams or lateral entry. There are various entrance exams for admission in Engineering. Each state conducts its own entrance exam while the central govt also conducts a entrance exam. The top engineering entrance exams are:

IIT-JEE - For admissin in presigious Indian Institute of Technology

AIEEE - For admission in other central govt funded colleges.

Unfortunately both these exams have been scrapped and from now onwards ISEET would be the exam to take for admission in IIT or NIT. Soon it is expected that other states would also start accepting the ISEET entrance exam. Although it is not expected to happen next year when the ISEET would take place for the first time.

The eligibility criteria for ISEET almost the same as other entrance exams. However syllabus and exam pattern is very much likely to change.

Eligibility

1. Must have completed 12th with PCM as the subjects.

2. At least 40 percent marks in 12th board.

If you meet these requirements then you can appear for the ISEET entrance exam from next year onwards. The entrance exams for this year have been concluded already. The other way to seek admission is by completing diploma in Engineering after 10th. This way you can take admsision for Engineering through lateral entry

1st November 2012, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

Hi!! Terho here. I am currently studying my diploma in Comp. Sc. and Engg. Results will be out only next year.My polytechnic is recognized by the AICTE and running under the aegis of SCTE, Nagaland. Can anyone tell me the whether I am eligible and the percentage required to appear the IIT-JEE 2013 entrance exam???

Thank you.

25th May 2013, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

I have only 45% in maths and i have qualified in Kerala entrance exam for engg. Will i get admission in kerala ?

2nd June 2013, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

I hv completed my diploma in automobile engineering from 'The institute of motor industry'chennai. I have secured 51% in my diploma.. Can i take addmision to b.tech in 2nd year through lateral entry...?
Please answer me..?

2nd June 2013, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

I hv completed my diploma in automobile engineering from 'The institute of motor industry'chennai. I have secured 51% in my diploma.. Can i take addmision to b.tech in 2nd year through lateral entry...?
Please answer me..?

25th July 2013, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

hi i am pusuing now diploma after 10th class. after complete diploma can i gave entrace exam of IIT WITHOUT DO INTER

18th March 2014, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

maminum how much percent we required in pcm n jee to take admission in software engineering

8th April 2014, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

I want to know that how many minimum percentage are required in 12 and marks in JEE to get admission in a good government colledge and if iam not getting selected in JEE then ?

11th May 2014, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

i have comleted 12sci and results have not yet declared but i doubt that if i will get low %then can i get admission inengineering

16th May 2014, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

percentage required in 12 science to get admission in direct 2nd year in engineering dilpoma

18th August 2014, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

If I want to go abroad, whawhat would be requirements for marks in gujarat board exam and jee ....?
And which one would be better engineering....IT or Automobile. ...?

23rd August 2014, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

if I get my admission in best IIT collage then what will be my salary after completing my studies ..?

17th October 2014, 06:59 AM
Unregistered

are engineering[/QUOTE]
Sir I am from poor family and I am studied in government school how marks I will get in board exam to study fees less in aeronautical course

6th January 2015, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

How much percentage of marks is required for West bengal board students to do diploma in computer engineering. ?

13th January 2015, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

How much total percentage of marks is needed in madhyamik to get admisson in computer engineering diploma

11th April 2015, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

How much percentage require for software engineering after 12th and how much in JEE?

28th May 2015, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: How much percentage is required to take admission in software engineering?

how much percentage required for taking admission in software engineering[/QUOTE]

21st December 2015, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

I want to do software engenearing but I am not having more money so for that what I should do for this problem

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?