29th June 2013, 10:12 PM
Tushar1609

How much time should I devote for GATE preparation? I am a 2nd year B.Tech student

Sir i m a 2nd year B.Tech student. I have a keen interest in completing GATE. i just want to know that how much time i should devote to the GATE preparation ,since i have to take care of my semester result..???

30th June 2013, 07:53 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much time should I devote for GATE preparation? I am a 2nd year B.Tech student

You have to take care of academic studies and GATE at the same time. Prepare a routine time table for GATE preparation. Dedicate at least 2-3 hours daily for your studies. Rest of the time can be used for academic preparations. B.Tech text books and other reference books for GATE can be used for study. You can make exam preparation easily as GATE syllabus is based on B.Tech.
30th June 2013, 08:25 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much time should I devote for GATE preparation? I am a 2nd year B.Tech student

It is good that you want to start preparation for the GATE Exam too early which is the best thing and many of the candidates fail in doing so.

In my view, it is the good time to start preparation for this exam.

By cracking GATE exam, you will be able to get admission for M.Tech course in
-IITs
-NITs
-Universities
-Affiliated colleges

This exam is being conducted once in a year.

The candidates who are pursuing pre-final year of Engineering are not eligible to appear for this exam.

Only the candidates who are pursuing final year of Engineering course and the candidates who have completed Engineering course are eligible to apply for this exam.

The validity of the GATE score is 2 years. If you have taken GATE Exam in your final year of Engineering and after completion of your Engineering, then you can join M.Tech course with any of the score that you secured out of the 2 GATE scores.

There is no upper age limit required for the candidates to apply for this exam. One can apply for this exam at any age.

In GATE Exam, many of the questions that will be asked are from the fundamentals of your academics only.

So, I suggest you to please concentrate on your studies and at the same time, try to correlate that to GATE exam in the sense if you have completed 1 chapter as a part of your preparation for your academics, soon after that, go through GATE books and practice the kind of questions that will be asked from that chapter.

This style of preparation will give you good result. At the same time don't forget to practice sample papers.

It will be better if you effort 2-3 hours of your valuable time towards preparation for GATE Exam.

In the upcoming years, please increase this time to 3-4 hours and more.

Its not the matter of how much time you are spending towards preparation for GATE Exam but the only thing that matters is how well you have practiced the questions.

Keep this in mind and carry out your preparation.

Wish you all the best.
30th June 2013, 08:35 PM
varshuk

Smile Re: How much time should I devote for GATE preparation? I am a 2nd year B.Tech student

Hello buddy....

As your doing 2nd year B.Tech, there is a lots of time for you to prepare for GATE. And, i feel that it's the right time you have choosen and to get the best results you just need to plan a proper timetable. In which, you could gain the 100% result and yes, the time also matters a lot to crack this exam.

--> Firstly, i suggest you to learn all fundamentals of 1st year main subjects.
--> Next, you even have to keep on practicing all previous year papers.
--> Dialy you need to spend atleast 2 hours of time orelse when your busy with your semester exams then atleast try to spend 1 hour so that you can easily crack the GATE exam with a good score.
--> And, i think all of the gate syllabus is related to the subject like which stream we have taken, so it's better to spend time for it.
--> Practice makes man perfect. So, keep on practicing more and more questions and previous question papers. Also try to recollect them everyday orelse when you find time.
Because gate exam is a very important entrance test for higher education like M.Tech and even many of the public sector undertakings are making GATE as entrance for getting jobs. They are mainly recruiting the students based on the gate score that is if they qualify in it. So, i wish you good luck. Hope you could gain a good score. Prepare well......
30th June 2013, 08:41 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar1609 View Post
Sir i m a 2nd year B.Tech student. I have a keen interest in completing GATE. i just want to know that how much time i should devote to the GATE preparation ,since i have to take care of my semester result..???

Dear Aspirant,

This is the right time to start the preparations for your GATE exam.But you need to know all the four year subjects in order to get the full knowledge so you need not wait you can still continue with your two year subjects.

Those subjects should be revised daily with the important concepts and learn every important topics without missing any thing in these two years subjects.

Also if you want to plan more time table then you can divide your work in such way that you should study daily in order to gain the clear cut idea of every thing in these subjects.

Remember prepare the core subjects of your group very deeply so that any question you face can solvable.

For that you need to take different test on these areas.The previous papers can help you as well as the internet Gate forum and other websites related this papers can help solve your problems.

The main thing is the time table it lies in your way of planning and doing things in a right time.So be very planned and systematic in doing things.

This way of studying can take to high heights and i wish you all the best.

Hope this info helps you.

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?