24th January 2013, 05:32 AM
figolee

HOw much TOEFL score is needed to get admission in computer science?

which toefl scores does oxford university need to get admission for computer science

Related Questions:
  1. In which entrance exam should I appear between GRE and TOEFL to study MS?
  2. Chances of getting admission in M.S. Computer Science with scholarship for B.E. Electrical graduate who scored 307 in GRE and 99 in TOEFL, having 6 years of work experience?
  3. How much score is needed in GRE and TOEFL to get admission in germany? How much score is required to be eligible to have scholarship in the colleges?
  4. How can I study MS(Mechanical Engineering) in USA through GRE?
  5. Is it necessary to take GRE and TOEFL exam to study Ph.D in foreign countries? -- [New]
  6. List of the universities which consider admission for MS Computer Science on the basis of TOEFL and GRE score?
  7. How much should I score to get admission in US universities? Procedure for admission?
  8. MS in Biotechnology at Abroad for B.Tech student?
  9. Is it necessary to have 2-3 months industrial experience for doing PhD at Australia & Germany?
  10. Admission for MS in CSE at MIT, USA is possible for Indian student through GRE and TOEFL? Required TOEFL score and BE pointer or SGPA?
  11. Want to do MS in US, I am a Lecturer in engineering college -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Which all exams are necessary to do MS in USA?
  13. Procedure to study M.Sc in Hematology along with part time job for a B.Sc(MLT) candidate who has 4 years of work experience?
  14. Can I get admission for MBA course in any IIM if I score good in TOEFL? What courses does TOEFL offer?
  15. Am I eligible for masters in US or UK after pursuing B.Tech Mechanical?
  16. Study abroad for a candidate who has secured 76% in H.S.?
  17. Is there any way to apply for Ph.D in US without doing GRE/TOEFL?
  18. Can I get admission in NUS Singapore after completing ECE with 8.15 CGPA, 1220 GRE score and 104 TOEFL score?
23rd July 2013, 06:59 PM
chuci
Member+

Default Re: HOw much TOEFL score is needed to get admission in computer science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by figolee View Post
which toefl scores does oxford university need to get admission for computer science
The TOEFL, formally known as Test Of English as a Foreign Language, is a test of an individual's ability to use and understand English in an academic setting. The test is designed and administered by Educational Testing Service (ETS), and TOEFL is a registered trademark of ETS. It was developed to address the problem of ensuring English language proficiency for non-native speakers wishing to study at U.S. universities. It has become an admission requirement for non-native English speakers at many English-speaking colleges and universities. Additionally, institutions such as government agencies, licensing bodies, businesses, or scholarship programs may require this test. TOEFL scores are valid for two years, after then they are no longer reported.

Paper-based Test
The TOEFL paper-based Test (PBT) is available in limited areas. Scores are valid for two years after the test date, and test takers can have their scores sent to institutions or agencies during that time.
Listening (30 – 40 minutes)
The Listening section consists of 3 parts. The first one contains 30 questions about short conversations. The second part has 8 questions about longer conversations. The last part asks 12 questions about lectures or talks.
Structure and Written Expression (25 minutes)
The Structure and Written Expression section has 15 exercises of completing sentences correctly and 25 exercises of identifying errors.
Reading Comprehension (55 minutes)
The Reading Comprehension section has 50 questions about reading passages.
Writing (30 minutes)
The Writing section is one essay with 250–300 words in average.

The final PBT score ranges between 310 and 677 and is based on three subscores: Listening (31–68), Structure (31–68), and Reading (31–67). Unlike the CBT, the score of the Writing section (referred to as the Test of Written English, TWE) is not part of the final score; instead, it is reported separately on a scale of 0–6.

The score test takers receive on the Listening, Structure and Reading parts of the TOEFL test is not the percentage of correct answers. The score is converted to take into account the fact that some tests are more difficult than others. The converted scores correct these differences. Therefore, the converted score is a more accurate reflection of the ability than the correct answer score is.

Most colleges use TOEFL scores as only one factor in their admission process. Each college or program within a college often has a minimum TOEFL score required. The minimum TOEFL iBT scores range from 61 (Bowling Green State University) to 100 (MIT, Columbia, Harvard). A sampling of required TOEFL admissions scores shows that a total TOEFL iBT score of 74.2 for undergraduate admissions and 82.6 for graduate admissions may be required.

Linking TOEFL iBT Scores to IELTS Scores
IELTS Score TOEFL Score
9 118-120
8.5 115-117
8 110-114
7.5 102-109
7 94-101
6.5 79-93
6 60-78
5.5 46-59
5 35-45
4.5 32-34
0-4 0-31

to get into the oxford university you should have a decent score like 118-120.
all the best...!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?