27th August 2011, 01:20 PM
saket.jspm

How to prepare for Aptitude Test? Best book to prepare for Aptitude Exam? How to learn English?

sir,
I am a Third year I.T engineering student and i am preparing for the

aptitude test. sir i want to ask you how can i prepare well for this test.

sir the major problem i'm facing is regarding the English section.

please kindly suggest me some book and

guideline through which i can solve my problem. please help me to learn

English from beging.

THANKS

27th August 2011, 02:35 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for Aptitude Test? Best book to prepare for Aptitude Exam? How to learn English?

You are a candidate of pursuing 3rd year Engineering in IT. So, doing quick calculations will not be a problem for you as you have gone through Mathematics in your academics.

Quick calculations as well as Mind calculations are very much essential to be strong enough in Aptitude.

One more essential thing that is required to be good enough in Aptitude is Practice.The more practice you have, the less time you take to solve the aptitude questions.

I suggest you to go through R.S.Agarwal book of Quantitative aptitude which is the best book for aptitude.

You did not mention the which competitive exam you are going to write. Whatever the exam it is, before apperaring for the exam, practice previous year papers and some model papers of that competitive exam.

This will help you to know how the questions are going to be and then try to practice yourself of how to solve those questions in less time.

As far as Engllish is concerned, you have to be good enough in Grammar. If you are strong enough in Grammatical points, obviously you can find the wrong sentences and also where the mistakes are in a sentence which will benefit you in competitive exams.

So, I suggest you be strong enough in Parts of Speech, Tenses, Voice changing, direct and indirect speech and degrees of comparison.

Along with this build your vocabulary by learning 5 new words daily and using the same in your day to day conversations.
27th August 2011, 03:08 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Default Re: How to prepare for Aptitude Test? Best book to prepare for Aptitude Exam? How to learn English?

Dear friend,
Best book for aptitude test is R.S.Agarwal , reasoning , quantitative parts are available.
For English you should practice from GRE Barron, it's the best book for English.
Best of luck.
27th August 2011, 03:19 PM
eldandi.supraja

hi dude i suggest you to Practice Regularly, Make a habit of solving 25 -50 questions regularly. Increase the number of questions after some time. This will help you in increasing your solving ability.Read Newspapers Regularly, Read magazines, newspapers that will help you improve your vocabulary.Watch English movies, news, entertainment which will again help you in improving your English.Don't panic & stay cool & calm in the last days prior to the exams: Unlike other college & entrance exams, in case of aptitude exams it is required to stay fresh & confident on the day of exam.Hard Work is the only key to success.One of the good book R. S. Agrawal have been attached along with solutions to the questions. Try to solve as many as possible.
27th August 2011, 05:40 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You are now in 3rd year, so after one year you have to appear in campus drives of different software companies,for that you have to go through the aptitude test first , after that interview session..
So, you have to be good in solving aptitude questions and beside this you have to be good in english to face the interview..
To prepare for the aptitude questions you can solve the questions of GRE Barron's aptitude questions, R.S Agarwal aptitude questions...

These books are very helpful to crack the aptitude test.
Now, after getting qualified in the aptitude test you have to face the interview..
To crack the interview you have to improve your soft skills like-
1.personality
2.Communication skills
3.Attitude
4.politeness
etc..
To improve the english speaking you can read daily newspaper.. Point out the unknown words and then find out the meaning of those unknown words..
Try to make sentence with those words...
Start speaking in english with your friends..
Increase your vocabulary..which will help you to speak in english..
In this way you can speak in english..
All the best..
27th August 2011, 05:46 PM
Mannu2525

Arrow Re: How to prepare for Aptitude Test? Best book to prepare for Aptitude Exam? How to learn English?

Dear,
Aptitude is the main part of placement process. As you are in 3rd year so its a duty of yours to strengthen your aptitude that will help you in your near future.

I recommend few books for you. Books are given below as following

•-> Maths - Arun Sharma

•-> Logical Reasoning - RS Aggrawal

•-> English - RS Aggrawal, Word Power made easy and Upkar publication

Hopefully you will get enough help from these recommended books.

GOOD LUCK

With Regards,
~Manvendra~
10th September 2011, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

i have already stdy rs agrawal
after that u tell me what i m stdy for reasoning and aptitude
i want to clear elitmus exam
so please tell me what i do
Pankaj Agrawal khair
14th September 2011, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

I m student of B.com .how should i prepare for mat ,will u plz suggest book for that
26th September 2011, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for MICROSOFT placement n technical questions ????????plz suggest me some books or skills to be get selected?
26th September 2011, 08:05 PM
rahul4490

The best book for learning aptitude especailly for the placement sector is to try working out the problems in S.K. AGGARWAL. the question contained are basically simple and it gives you an idea about the question that are to asked in the placement sector.
try doing it chapter by chapter and gain more experience.
26th September 2011, 08:23 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

I have mentioned here some books for your guidelines :

1. Quantative test by R.S.Agarwall
2. Verbal reasoning by R.S.Agarwall

Please don't be tensed in the interview,be confident and you will be succed.For this prepare from today and practice with your friends and family.

You may also visit :

http://www.freshersworld.com

all the best.
26th September 2011, 08:25 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

I have mentioned here some books for your guidelines :

1. Quantative test by R.S.Agarwall
2. Verbal reasoning by R.S.Agarwall

Please don't be tensed in the interview,be confident and you will be succed.For this prepare from today and practice with your friends and family.

You may also visit :

http://www.freshersworld.com

all the best.
26th September 2011, 10:16 PM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

hii, there are many good books are available for the aptitude among them R S AGARWAL is the best,

Aptitude mainly has,

~mathematical ability.

~logical reasoning.

~english grammar.

~general knowledge.

This book will provide good exposure of the mathematical concepts, english concepts very well, that cost of the book is 350.

you can also download the PDF of this book from the torrentz.com its really helpful for you.

many of the CAT exam related books will also help you to make into good logical abilities to make it through.

Tips to clear aptitiude.

~solve as many problems as you can, from various texts books.

~solve all the question papers from the R S AGARWAL.

~solve all the puzzels from papers and books.

~keep clock and prepare fast for the speed.

~practice more surely you will be able to clear.
26th September 2011, 11:23 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
for Aptitude test you have to make a practice of daily then only you can improve your skill other wise you can not.
There are so many books available in the market from where you can get knowledge & tricks how to do faster .

good luck......
27th September 2011, 03:19 AM
peterpan10
Senior Member+

If you want to improve your aptitude skill please buy these books and start preparation.

Books are :

1.By R.S.Agarwal
2.By Barron.
2nd October 2011, 11:12 AM
Chinke gupta

how we prepair for elitmus.
2nd December 2011, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

i need suggedted book for languages of telugu and english for ias mains. where can i get this books if u have any pls send this [email protected]
15th January 2012, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

Is persnality matters for attending an unterview?
21st January 2012, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

which is the best book for prepration for govt jobs ,also my btech degree will complete in mid 2012 so now i can apply for which govt posts??
22nd July 2012, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare aptitude test and which is best book for aptitude exam and how to make good english plz i wnat to suggesion
16th September 2012, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

can u suggest any other book for quants aptitude rather than rs agarwal?
14th November 2012, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for microsoft?
11th December 2012, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

what i have to do to place in my final year?now i am a 2nd year CSE student
8th January 2013, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

sir please suggest a book for enhancing communication skills
27th April 2013, 02:52 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Best Books for Aptitude Test

Quantitative Aptitude
by S. N. Jha
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

Quantitative Aptitude Practice Workbook
by
G.K.P.
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

Quantitative Aptitude Test
by
Dr. N. K. Singh
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan (2008)

Quantitative Aptitude
by
R. S. Aggarwal
Publisher: S. Chand Publisher (2010)

12th July 2013, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

Im a computer science student doing my 3rd year .I want to get placed in drdo's how can i train myself to beat this exams please help
22nd October 2013, 02:49 AM
Unregistered

R s aggarwal is enough to clear the basic there is another which i suggest u that for basic of maths and want to have good command over it please go through magical maths by M TYRA.....i reccommand it as a good book for maths n Arun sharma is also good one...
22nd February 2014, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

to clear it u need to be sharp enough with what u know and need to practice aptitude and rasoning from books like agarwal ,jim berret book of aptitude(testing series) is the best.
23rd February 2014, 03:11 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

It is good that you are pursuing 3rd year of Engineering course in IT stream. So, from the next academic year, you will be eligible to attend for recruitment procedure of various IT companies in India like
TCS
Wipro
Infosys
Polaris
Syntel
Google
Oracle
Dell
Delloite
Cognizant etc.

These companies may conduct the following rounds as a part of selection procedure
Written Exam
JAM
Group Discussion
Technical Interview
HR Interview

In the written exam, definitely there will be questions from Aptitude.

Some companies will conduct written exam only on Aptitude itself. So, one should have strong knowledge in Aptitude to get good score in written exam.

I suggest you to purchase R.S.Agarwal book from the market and practice various concepts of Aptitude like
Percentages
Profit and Loss
Time and Distance
Time and Work etc.

Try to remember the formulas so that you can apply for them for any kind of problems.

Wish you all the best.
25th May 2014, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

hi sir
please suggest boook to improve communication skills. please tell how to plan for campus placement prepration.
13th July 2014, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

i am an engineering student i want to know how to improve in aptitude as my biggest weakness is math section
28th March 2016, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I just wanted to know basics of aptitude for entrance exam so please suggest me good books for basics
29th March 2016, 06:38 PM
work@home

Aptitude learning needs to find solutions by doing a lot of questions. The more you do the less time you need to complete an aptitude test. Because time is very cruishal.

Second thing is to know the short steps. Because you need to find some answers even without wasting time by scribbling in rough papers.

Third is to find repeated questions that are asked for particular exams.

Use mobile apps for aptitude developments along with hints for practicing.

You can also make benefit of guides like from the author R.S. Agarwal for getting a lot of practice questions along with their answers.

Do a mock test by yourself keeping timer.
29th March 2016, 06:52 PM
work@home

Default Re: How to learn English?

The best way to learn English is to read English newspaper daily. Find yourself meaning with the help of a mini pocket dictionary. Also try to read as many books per your interest and better if they are informative for example, a historic or famous novels and simple English narratives.

Second useful way to improve English is to hear English news channels and English programmers and movies as well. In case of movies, American slang may be different from British accent which we do follow.

Third thing is to write yourself and read passages by your own. This can impoverish both your writing and verbal skills.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?