13th May 2010, 08:47 PM
gautammatang

How to prepare English Language Exam for Bank Exams?

Dear Sir,

I m weak in English Language. What should i do for better english for bank clerical exams.. I m preparing for BOB. But i m very confuse abt English Language. Plz help me for this subject...

14th May 2010, 08:31 AM
kool
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to prepare English Language Exam for Bank Exams?

for any competitive exams you have to do betterment in your english by following ways:
1.read newspaper daily to increase your vocabulary
2.always try to learn some difficult words.
3.reading paragraph in newspaper improve your comprensive power.
just try it.
good luck.
14th May 2010, 09:48 PM
sadhan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautammatang View Post
Dear Sir,

I m weak in English Language. What should i do for better english for bank clerical exams.. I m preparing for BOB. But i m very confuse abt English Language. Plz help me for this subject...
you can enhance your english by reading english newspaper daily
fo through articals
study magines
go through wisdoms every month
and increase your word power
15th May 2010, 04:58 PM
sonal goel

Dear,
you can study Ricky Martin and various other books available in market specially for clerks exam.
These will help you a lot as they know the pattern of the exam and will be the best to guide you and help you in preparing for the exam
16th May 2010, 12:21 AM
amitforever
Senior Member+

hi
if you are weak in english then what is there to worry about just do one thing start reading english news paper daily and try to speak mwith your friend in english
which will help you alot
try to memorise english word meaning, synonum ,antonym
just follow these instruction it will really help you
ok
all the best
17th May 2010, 12:01 AM
BALWINDER SINGH

you can ask for the book at the book shop and even you can try it at the home .......the questions are not so difficult they are related to verbs ,articles,determoners and the word meanings etc........
20th May 2010, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

ari yaar koe acchaa sa tareka bta d english ka thank u
21st May 2010, 05:16 PM
kirankshinde

Quote:
Dear Sir,

Dear Friend

I shall give u one idea.
If you want to improve your english for the exam purpose you will never be able to do so.

Firstly you should understand that english is a world language and every has to be used to it.

Your english can definately improve if you want to improve your english.

Do these thing:
--Watch some Interesting British old english movies.
--Then always listen to BBC news.
--Reading no one like but read the article from newspapers.
--lastly try and speak in english. It doesn't matter you speak grameticaly rigth or wrong. for this yor mobile may prove helpfull. Just receive all the call from customer care whenever you get and try to speak as long as possible.

Be confident while writing or speaking in english

All the Best
24th May 2010, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Dear all I m preparing for bank po exams
pls sugest me the books for maths and english
25th May 2010, 06:04 PM
gargi123

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare English Language Exam for Bank Exams?

if u wanted to clear Bank exams then go to this website here ur problem related to subjects like English , maths , REASONING will be solved here u will get full study material and that is of very good quality

http://www.win4exams.com/chapters/1-bank-po/81
25th May 2010, 10:42 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

When you say english exam, you have different sections like vocabulary, grammar, comprehension and so on. You need to read newspapers frequently for increasing the word power. But such options wont help you if you need to appear for exams soon. Best option is to attend some entrance coaching classes and do as many tests and exercises as possible.
25th May 2010, 11:46 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

hey friend,for the preparation of english you can prefer to some of the good english literature books for fluent english and better understanding...........you can prefer to some dictionary for the meaning of various english difficult words.......

prepare well for the exam..........

all the best
26th May 2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Dear Sir,

HELLO GAUTAM,

There are numbers of ways to prepare before taking up an English exam. The points that we should remember while taking up an English test are -

1) Learn the basics and proper usage of grammar

2) Should avoid spelling mistakes

3) Make sure that the sentence formation are clear and concise

Grammatical errors are the most important factor that one should always concentrate while preparing for an English test. Any small mistake in the grammar of an essay or an article can change the meaning of the sentence entirely. So it is important for anyone to spend some time in learning the usage of grammar. Most of the grammatical errors made are by the people who have high rate of speech.So think slowly & speak to yourself before writing on paper

Spelling mistakes are made by any common person,however it does have a great impact in the end result.You need to be sure that whatever you write in an essay has got no spelling mistakes. If your vocabulary is good you can use different words that no one uses commonly and it helps you to stand out from rest of the crowd.

But it often advisable to use words which are known to you to avoid mistakes.

Sentence formation is an important factor,while writing the descriptive test in Bank exams , as all your thoughts and ideas can only be put forward easily if you’ve got the ability to form or to rephrase the sentence the right way. Sentence formation can only be improved if someone is ready to learn the way of speaking good English.

The following tips are given to help in preparing for Descriptive Test, as most upcoming bank exams have this paper.Although the marks are not calculated, it is necessary to pass in this test.article posted at www.bankexamsindia.com

* The capital letters are only used while the start of every new sentence and it is also used in the first letter of the name of a person. For example the name smith should be written as “Smith” and not “smith”. Make sure to start every new sentence with a capital letter, since it enhances the look of the passage.

* The other important thing that one should keep in mind is Grammatical Errors.If you want to write proper english, ensure that there are no grammatical errors. An essay or any article that has been written with no grammatical mistakes stands for its class and quality. 10/12th std, grammar books would be good to know the basics.

* The usage of Commas, Conjunctions & Punctuation Marks while joining two sentences should always be right as they can change the meaning of the sentence, if wrongly applied. The common words used as conjunctions are - ‘and’ ‘but’ ‘or’.

For example: “Mark is good at studies and also at athletics” Here the word ‘and’ is used as conjunction.

Cultivate Reading Habit : The only method to improve written english skills is by reading. Read a lot of books – it may be stories, newspapers, english magazines etc. but choose books that have simple sentences.So you can understand them better.

Books : 10th or +2 english textbooks will give a basic lessons on english writing.Apart from that, you can also purchase books for Descriptive English test through Internet.

** Descriptive General English

BEST OF LUCK.
26th May 2010, 01:12 PM
samratguha

While looking at the Bank Exam Question paper Model,most bank exams have a section called ‘Test of English Language’.This paper is often considered to be very easy but the questions are much tricky,making all answers seem to be correct.It is always better to learn the basics of the language before taking up a test in it.

There are numbers of ways to prepare before taking up an English exam. The points that we should remember while taking up an English test are -

Grammatical errors are the most important factor that one should always concentrate while preparing for an English test. Any small mistake in the grammar of an essay or an article can change the meaning of the sentence entirely. So it is important for anyone to spend some time in learning the usage of grammar. Most of the grammatical errors made are by the people who have high rate of speech.So think slowly & speak to yourself before writing on paper

Spelling mistakes are made by any common person,however it does have a great impact in the end result.You need to be sure that whatever you write in an essay has got no spelling mistakes. If your vocabulary is good you can use different words that no one uses commonly and it helps you to stand out from rest of the crowd.

Sentence formation is an important factor,while writing the descriptive test in Bank exams , as all your thoughts and ideas can only be put forward easily if you’ve got the ability to form or to rephrase the sentence the right way. Sentence formation can only be improved if someone is ready to learn the way of speaking good English.
26th May 2010, 08:32 PM
jicks

Quote:
Dear Sir,

Dear friend,

First thing you have to do is come out of this Inhibiton, that you are weak in English.
No body is best in any field, so first and foremost develop a positive attitude.
I would suggest to read "Wren & Martin" book to improve your vocabulary and Grammer.
It will not come overnight, but be positive and keep on reading.
If you are determined, you can achieve your goals.
Best of Luck.....
30th July 2010, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

Iam Swarupa I dont Know witch book is best one to pripare Bank Po Exam For English PaPer
15th August 2010, 04:10 AM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
for preparation of English for Bank/clerical post, you should increase your vocabulary, knowing tense, preposition filling etc.
& for this you have to follow good english grammer book, you can take help from any teacher.
you should read english news paper daily, because it will no only helpful to increase your GK, but also help you to increase your word stocks.

good luck.
4th September 2010, 09:44 PM
avinash kr.
Banned

for preparae english you attend on the grammer. learn hard word, spoken english , you can take help any coaching or contact teaher... thanking you
5th September 2010, 03:37 PM
KHAN20

dear friend,
according to my knowledge to prepapre english laguage exam for bank exam u have to follow some procedure.first of all umust buy verval -nonverval reasoning book by r.s agarwal,gre barrons guide book.from here u must practice english vocabulary,grammer,passege,high frequency words etc.i think this is enough.or for more knowledge u can follow the newspapers like satesman,telegraph,times of india etc.from where u can improvr ur speaking power as well as ur grammarticam knowledge.
so take decission & make ur bright future.
good luck.
5th September 2010, 04:13 PM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

learning English is very easy.only due to rumor peoples understands that English is very tough.actually learning any language is very easy provided you are giving your 100% effort.

also for bank exams only Grammar portion is asked.so you can follow some standard books.you can follow English Grammar by WREN & MARTIN, english Grammer by K P THAKUR etc.

also do following things to learn English completely.....

1.Reading article from newspapers especially editorial page.
2.Watch some English movies like transformer, torque etc.
3.listen to BBC news.

etc.also try to speak in English with your friends.don't hesitate at all.

good luck.
5th September 2010, 06:10 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

In PO exams , generally verbal and non verbal paper come. You can prepare them from RS Aggerwal book of verbal and non-verbal. Apart from these, you can check current affairs for news papers. Do subscribe english newspaper and read them daily. It will surely build sentance-formation strength.
Bank exams are not much difficult but they are hard to crack only because of time lack.
Practise them with model papers.
17th September 2010, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

how to qualify bank exam?
18th December 2010, 01:14 PM

[email protected] Sir,

I m weak in English Language. What should i do for better english for bank clerical exams.. I m preparing for BOB. But i m very confuse abt English Language. Plz help me for this subject...[/QUOTE]
18th December 2010, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

dear sir
plz suggest me how to built vocablary at bank level exam
4th January 2011, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

dear sir
plz suggest me how to built vocablary at bank level exam
18th February 2011, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

hi sir
i m preare to a bank exam plz give me some suggestions
19th February 2011, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir my name is lingaiah belli I'm preparing for bank clerical exams plz some easy tips to prepare English part in exam and suggeste some good vocabulary books for this. Thanking u sir
28th February 2011, 03:46 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to prepare English Language Exam for Bank Exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir my name is lingaiah belli I'm preparing for bank clerical exams plz some easy tips to prepare English part in exam and suggeste some good vocabulary books for this. Thanking u sir
hello friend...

For bank exam all you have to prepare for english exam is to be good with the basic grammar... I have attached some of the basic grammar books in this post... check it over... hope it helps for your preparation...

All the Best...
9th March 2011, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

hi..am neelam
i always do to prepare to speak fluent english,daily read to newspaper.watch the tv news but never speak english .so plz help me what can i do ?
10th March 2011, 03:46 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi..am neelam
i always do to prepare to speak fluent english,daily read to newspaper.watch the tv news but never speak english .so plz help me what can i do ?
hello neelam...

I appreciate for your work that you are doing to improve your english but thats not enough because when you want to speak fluent english then you have to be strong in 2 important place...

1) English Grammar : You must be well versed with the basic English Grammar to speak in English because without knowing the proper usage of sentence formation you cannot put the words fluently. So try to study the basic grammar for English which helps you to build yourself.

2) Converse in English : This is one of the important part which you have to do when you find the right time that is to speak in english, I was feeling very hard to speak in english at start of my college but once i started using it to speak things changed very soon. So just find some friends or someone whom you know who is ready to speak in English with you at first you will feel very bad because who will have lot of mistakes but as time goes by you will surely improve....

And continue reading newspapers and Watching TV news it helps a lot to build your vocabulary...

hope the info. helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf The.Good.Grammar.Book.pdf(9.47 MB, 2433 views)
File Type: pdf Grammar_Practice_for_Elementary_Students.pdf(1.93 MB, 576 views)
16th March 2011, 12:48 AM
Aman Sapra

English Language for Bank Exams has three sections:

1.Verbal Part
2.Non-Verbal Part
3.Grammar Part

So you should work on these sections.
12th April 2011, 03:54 PM
akkilala
Member+

hi dear
f you are weak in english then what is there to worry about just do one thing start reading english news paper daily and try to speak mwith your friend in english
which will help you alot
try to memorise english word meaning, synonum ,antonym
just follow these instruction it will really help you

thanks
15th April 2011, 11:36 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Dear Sir,

Preparation Of English Language for Bank exam :

If you are weak in the english language then you can join the

coaching center. I advise you to read the english news paper

regularly. Do labour hard and get success in the upcoming exam.

You can also preparation from the previous year paper of bank exam.

Regards
~Mukul~
19th April 2011, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: How to prepare English Language Exam for Bank Exams?

Quote:
Dear Sir,

plz sir
5th August 2011, 06:06 PM
ragu mca

same question if you no send me
5th August 2011, 07:14 PM
Lyk23

hi friend ,

* Dont worry ! look ita an easy language .

* PROCEDURE FOR LEARNING ENGLISH :

* READ THE NEWSPAPER DAILY.

* TRY TO LEARN A NEW WORD EVERYDAY.

* TRY TO SPAEK IN ENGLISH WITH YOUR FREINDS OR IN HOME.

* If you are not satisfied then you can join coaching center.

* You can also prepare from the previous year paper of bank exam.

* hope you will become a good english speaker.

BEST OF LUCK !
5th August 2011, 07:18 PM
ssredhu
Member+

While looking at the Bank Exam Question paper Model,most bank exams have a section called ‘Test of English Language’.This paper is often considered to be very easy but the questions are much tricky,making all answers seem to be correct.It is always better to learn the basics of the language before taking up a test in it.

5th August 2011, 07:48 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

For improving your English you can do many things such as

1.learn 5 new english word daily this will improve your vocabulary.

2.you should study english newspaper daily this will help you to know new words and to read english fluently

3.now take one of your friend and you both talk in english.

4.take some topic like my country,my home etc and speak 1 or 2 minutes on this topic

These are the ways by which you can improve your english.
may be you will do this.
5th August 2011, 10:43 PM
Sumit Ahujaa

If you are weak in the english language then you can join the

coaching center. I advise you to read the english news paper

regularly. Do labour hard and get success in the upcoming exam.

You can also preparation from the previous year paper of bank exam.
6th August 2011, 03:20 AM
samir14

For improving your English, you can do the following:
1. If your grammar is poor then you can follow Wren & Martin.
2. Read the newspapers as it will not only improve your English but also empower you with all the information of the world.
3. Read books by good authors.
4. Try and 2-3 new words a day and then increase it to 10 new words a day to improve your vocabulary.
5. Try to speak in English as much as possible as it will increase your fluency.
6th August 2011, 03:31 AM
samir14

Dear Friend

English is really important part for PO examination.

You should read "The Hindu" that news paper will be best for preparing for PO.

Economic times would be good if you also want to improve your gk with english.

In recent PO exams there were direct questions from "Economic Times" business and International portion.

Collect all the words which you are not knowing in a particular place and take a look on a them after certain periods.
If you will do that trust me you are going to crack PO exam.

All the best
12th August 2011, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

hai sir my name is sunil plz tel me how to get answers from long passages
15th August 2011, 01:15 AM
EffonseCest

Default Tbilisi Hotels

Nice job, really good article mate
11th September 2011, 10:16 PM
neerjagulari

Thumbs down Re: How to prepare English Language Exam for Bank Exams?

Normaly English is a problem for candidates who are preparing for bank exams, but a really fact is that English depend on vocabulary.
The more vocabulary you learn, the more you growth in english. So here a great solution to that Vocabulary Booster. This computer application provide a best way to learn vocabulay and difficult word. Just goto given link and read all the feature of this application. I think you will be amaze.
Thanks
11th September 2011, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

Normaly English is a problem for candidates who are preparing for bank exams, but a really fact is that English depend on vocabulary.
The more vocabulary you learn, the more you growth in english. So here a great solution to that Vocabulary Booster. This computer application provide a best way to learn vocabulay and difficult word. Just goto given link and read all the feature of this application. I think you will be amaze.
Thanks

www.neerjagulari.blogspot.com
14th September 2011, 05:26 PM
amit_makwana4

Default How to prepare English Language Exam for Bank Exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargi123 View Post
if u wanted to clear Bank exams then go to this website here ur problem related to subjects like English , maths , REASONING will be solved here u will get full study material and that is of very good quality

http://www.win4exams.com/chapters/1-bank-po/81
its require id paswword and paid membership.......
if u had download it plz sed me on my id
[email protected]
2nd October 2011, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for bank exam
4th October 2011, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

dear sir/mam plz.give me some tips for bank po english paper how can i crack bpo?
13th October 2011, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

for all who are confused about English.....

Dear all Pls.don't take English as a sunject only...rather I suggest everybody to take English as a language and medium through which we communicate with others..many other subjects depend on this language. If u can formulate the sentences well and right, It is sure that u can perform well in any exam..any subject..
Never try to just learn the rules of Grammar..rather learn their usage in different ways....n use them differently in different situations. If u r clear with the concepts then u can do and perform in any exam...LET YOUR SENSE BE OPEN ALWAYS......that is the only thing which helps u learn n perform well..
13th October 2011, 10:02 PM
dolly91
Senior Member+

hi,
Dear Friend

I shall give u one idea.
If you want to improve your english for the exam purpose you will never be able to do so.

Firstly you should understand that english is a world language and every has to be used to it.

Your english can definately improve if you want to improve your english.

Do these thing:
--Watch some Interesting British old english movies.
--Then always listen to BBC news.
--Reading no one like but read the article from newspapers.
--lastly try and speak in english. It doesn't matter you speak grameticaly rigth or wrong. for this yor mobile may prove helpfull. Just receive all the call from customer care whenever you get and try to speak as long as possible.

Be confident while writing or speaking in english

All the Best
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
#9 Report Post
24th May 2010, 01:36 PM

thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?