1st March 2014, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

English or German which language is required for M.Tech in Germany?

Is there required English or German language for study in m.tech in Germany??

Related Questions:
  1. Which exam is required to study M.E in Germany? Whta is the difference between GRE and IELTS? Is German Language required for Germany?
  2. Is knowledge of German language necessary to study in Germany? How may I do MS(automobile) in Germany? I'm currently in B.E(mechanical) 5th sem
  3. How to do M.Tech from abroad while in final year Civil Engineering? What type of exams will I face?
  4. Knowing german language is necessary to study PhD in Germany?
  5. IELTS , German Language Test, GRE: for Masters in Germany which all exams to clear? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What are the German Universities providing Pharmacy studies in English Version?
  7. What are the entrance exams other than German language test should I write for pursuing MS with mechanical engineering in Germany?
  8. Which exam do I need to appear in order to do MS from Germany? Is it necessary to know German language before admission?
  9. M.S in Mechanical Engineering in Germany? Is knowing German necessary? Exams required for the same?
  10. What is the job scope in MCA+Germany language in India?
  11. List of entrance exams needed to be given for studying MS in Mechanical in Germany with other than German language?
  12. How may I get admission in Germany for MS course? What are the entrancing tests be conducted in Germany for the same? List of the top universities in Germany for the same? What are the scopes available in Germany after doing MS in machine design?
  13. Which exams one should take to pursue MS in Automobile Engineering in Germany? Is it necessary to learn German Language?
  14. List of colleges for MS(English course) in Germany? GRE & TOEFL scores to get chance in these universities with a scholarship?
  15. How many levels of german language course should I complete to study MS in German university? I am pursuing B.Tech in bio medical with 72% marks and scored 1120 marks in GRE.
  16. How may I get a job in German embassy? I'm pursuing dipoloma in german language. Is this degree enough for getting a job related to German language?
  17. Should I do certificate course in Foreign Language(French or Germany)? Which one should I go for?
  18. How can I get a job of a Translator(German to English) or Interpreter in German embassy? I have completed advance diploma in German language and B2.2 Level from Goethe Institute and perusing C1 from Goethe Institute
2nd March 2014, 09:33 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: English or German which language is required for M.Tech in Germany?

Yes, knowing English or German is necessary in order to pursue masters in Germany. In order to get admission in the German Universities, you need to qualify in the entrance exams - GRE and IELTS or TOEFL. Both these exams test your skills in English Language. Hence you need to prepare and practice your English skills properly, both verbal as well as writing skills.

However, knowing German language is an added advantage. This is because you can adapt easily to the new environment and place where there is mainly German speaking people and some universities also demand for German Language as an essential criteria during selection.
2nd March 2014, 11:48 AM
naveen1221

Default Re: English or German which language is required for M.Tech in Germany?

Hello Friend !!

German Language is necessary if you are applying for any programme at a German university.

Because you will have to submit certificates confirming your German proficiency during the admission purpose.

This also depends on the Master Programme you enrolled for.

If you are enrolled in an English-language degree programme, you generally require no knowledge of German.

But you must have a good level of proficiency in English.

For degree programmes which are taught in German, you will need better proficiency in German for the social sciences than in the natural sciences.

Proficiency means in terms of writing and speaking.

Before applying for the German University you should have :

Recognition of your certificates
Aptitude tests
Language skills
Proof of financial resources
Visa
Applying to university
Health insurance

Top Colleges in Germany for M.Tech are:

Computer Science Engineering

Technische Universität München
Karlsruher Institut für Technologie,
Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen,
Freie Universität Berlin,
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin,
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München,
Technische Universität Darmstadt,
Universität Stuttgart
Technische Universität Berlin
Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg

Chemical Engineering

Technische Universität Berlin,
Universität Stuttgart
Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg

Civil Engineering

Karlsruher Institut für Technologie
Leibniz Universität Hannover,
Technische Universität München,
Universität Stuttgart,
Technische Universität Dresden
Ruhr-Universität Bochum

Electrical Engineering

Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen
Universität Stuttgart
Technische Universität Dresden

Mechanical Engineering

Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen
Universität Stuttgart
Technische Universität Darmstadt
Technische Universität Dresden,
Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
Leibniz Universität Hannover

All the Best !!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?