1st September 2011, 09:39 PM
11rakesh

How to prepare for GATE in ECE branch without taking any coaching from coaching center?

how to prepare for gate in ece branch without taking any coaching from coaching centre presently i m in btech 3 year..
thanku
urs guidance and suggestion is highly obliged for me....

Related Questions:
  1. Best coaching centers for GATE? Any coaching centers in Bangalore? Cant I get admission in GATE without going for coaching?
  2. How to prepare for GATE after completing 3rd year in ECE branch?
  3. Where can I get coaching center for GATE XE(Engineering Science) in Kolkata? Is there any coaching center in Kolkata for this?
  4. Which is the best coaching center for GATE (M.tech Electronics & Communication, ECE) in Bangalore?
  5. Which is the best coaching class for GATE coaching in ECE branch in Mumbai? Is GATE forum in Mumbai a good choice?
  6. What is the start my GATE coaching? Best coaching center in Hyderabad
  7. GATE 2015 preparation without taking coaching -- [New]
  8. List of good GATE coaching centers in South Delhi near AIIMS?
  9. Which Books I have to prepare for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in EEE and not interested to take coaching for GATE Exam?
  10. How to prepare for Civils? Previous years question papers? Best coaching centers?
  11. How to go for M.Tech in ECE by cracking GATE exam?
  12. Best Coaching centers for GATE Exam for EEE stream?
  13. Best coaching center for GATE in Delhi? I want to prepare for GATE exam
  14. Where in Hyderabad i can get GATE coaching center covering XE syllabus? What is the date of commencement of classes?
  15. What is the right time to prepare for GATE exam? Should I start coaching now?
  16. Best coaching center for GAET exam? What are the facilities for coaching?
  17. During my B.Tech ECE vacations should I take coaching for GATE exam or for communication skills?
  18. Coaching centers for GATE coaching? Any coaching center in Delhi? -- [Most Discussed]
2nd September 2011, 02:29 AM
mahireddy91
Junior Member+

Default Re: How to prepare for GATE in ECE branch without taking any coaching from coaching center?

hi...
as you are 3rd year start reading subjects of 2nd year and 3rd year perfectly and then do aptitude ,the preferred book is R.S.AGARWAL and then while you enter into final year start reading your final year subjects at last at the time of gate exam you will be able to answer the subject questions as well as aptitude...and thus go and write your gate...........

all the best
29th October 2011, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for GATE in ECE branch without taking any coaching from coaching center?

how to get good results in gate exam as it is 3 months far away by self study . am an ece student.
4th November 2011, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

which books are mostly preferred of an individual subjects & is it sufficient to read quantitative aptitude of an R.Saggarwal
24th November 2011, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

For(kas) in kashmir ,what is the materail i have to prepare?
28th December 2011, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

specify text books for gate in ece branch
16th February 2012, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

how to prepare in 3rd year student of ece branch and when a student are not clear previous paper then they are sit or prepare the gate exam.
16th February 2012, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

when a students are not clear the previous semsiter paper then they are sit or prepare the gate exam and who is better books for gate exam in 3rd year stutends when a not prepare the gate exam and not take a help the cocahing center
9th May 2012, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

i am in 3rd year ECE.suggest a plan for appearing for GATE2014
3rd September 2012, 07:14 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare for gate i m in second year ECE and what is the right time for coaching what are the main subjects to concentrate and if possible give some suggestions to get the best rank in gate ?
5th September 2012, 04:33 PM
Dimpal Garg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11rakesh View Post
how to prepare for gate in ece branch without taking any coaching from coaching centre presently i m in btech 3 year..
thanku
you are in 3rd year you have very valuable time for the preparation of GATE exam.it is not necessary to take the coaching if you prepare your course subject with very clear concept then you will be able the clear the GATE exam but the condition is you have to be serious about your study and there is a book also available for GATE preparation solve the question from that book also.
Be regular...
5th September 2012, 07:08 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

General Aptitude Test for Engineering is considered as one of the toughest exams in India. It is purely because of huge competition as thousands of candidates appear for the exam. For those who don't know, GATE exam is conducted for admission in M.Tech courses.

Your timing for asking this question is perfect. Currently you are in 3rd year of B.Tech. You would be able to appear in GATE exam next year (4th year of B.Tech). If you are interested in taking GATE exam in 4th year, I would recommend to start preparing for at least 6-8 months.

This way you would not put a lot of strain on yourself at the same time would give enough time to concertrate of 4th year's studies. It is important to give yourself fair bit of time to prepare for the GATE Exam especially when you are not taking coaching classes.

First thing a candidate should know is that there is no percentage requirement to appear in GATE. All you need is B.Tech degree.

There are total of 65 questions in GATE of 100 marks.

General Aptitude - 10 Questions - 15 Marks

Engineering Mathematics - 11 Questions - 15 Marks

Your Engineering Subject - - 44 Questions - 70 Marks

The questions related to the Engineering mathematics and General Aptitude carry more importance. Therefore you should put extra effort to prepare for these questions.

There are interlinked questions in GATE Exam. What this means is to solve the second question, you would have to solve the first question.

It is important to know that there is negative marking in the GATE Exam, however not on the numerical type questions. For other questions 1/3 mark would be deducted for 1 mark questions while 2/3 would be deducted for 2 marks question.

Since you are preparing for the exam by yourself, try to get as many question papers of previous years as possible. Try to solve them after regular period of studies like once a week or two week in the same duration which you would be give for GATE Exam. Try to see what are the weak links and put extra efforts for such questions.

You would also have to buy some books related to GATE Exam for ECE. Such books would help you in preparations. Some recommendations are:

General Aptitude & Mathematics - G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

GATE Electronics And Communication Engineering: Solved Papers - Manish Purbey

Electronics And Communication Engineering Solved Paper - G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

Other thing you can do is take the mock tests available online and check your performance. It is another good way to check which are the areas where you need more help.

You should create a timetable and follow it properly. Give yourself realistic time to prepare for each subject.

Qualifying Marks

General - 25 Marks

OBC - 22.5

SC/ST/PD - 16.67
5th September 2012, 07:34 PM
MOUSE92

DEAR,

gate is GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING

it is the toughest post graduate entrance exam held in our country

the exam is organize by IIT'S to select candidates based upon merit list

truly saying that 3rd year is the best time to prepare for this exam

NOW YOU HAVE ASK TIPS ,SO SOME ARE AS:

--stick to basics

--practice

--memorize power should increase

--stay away from distraction

--have faith in yourself

--pray GOD

--give your maximum time to study

--keep yourself determined

--TRY TO SOLVE PREVIOUS YEARS QUESTION PAPERS
as much as possible

for gate preparation switch to RC KANODIA this book really help you to clear GATE EXAM without any coaching but purchase of new edition

"GATE EXAM IS THE GATEWAY TO THE BEAUTIFUL FUTURE"

good luck
18th September 2012, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am not too sound in my basics, and i need your advise how to start preparing for GATE?Will a postal study course help me?My branch is Ece.which topics do i need to focus to atleast reach the cutoff?
7th January 2013, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

Iam too weak in basics and other b tech subjects and now persuing my 3 year 2sem pls advice me books such that I cn get grip over the subjects without any coaching
10th January 2013, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

Can i get gate books through pdf?
27th March 2013, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for gate in last six months? what should be strategy to obtain maximum marks?
17th April 2013, 09:32 PM
GAYATRI MANDAVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11rakesh View Post
thanku
all the topics of gate will be covered in your b.tech. what you need to do is get a good grip on the gate syllabus and solve the previous gate question papers.
you can get your doubts clarified by your college faculty concerned to the subject or in the internet. all you need to do is improve your levels of accuracy and speed in solving. along with the technical part you need to also concentrate on logical reasoning and aptitude areas. the syllabus for gate is as follows:

Engineering Mathematics

Linear Algebra: Matrix Algebra, Systems of linear equations, Eigen values and eigen vectors.

Calculus: Mean value theorems, Theorems of integral calculus, Evaluation of definite and improper integrals, Partial Derivatives, Maxima and minima, Multiple integrals, Fourier series. Vector identities, Directional derivatives, Line, Surface and Volume integrals, Stokes, Gauss and Green's theorems.

Differential equations: First order equation (linear and nonlinear), Higher order linear differential equations with constant coefficients, Method of variation of parameters, Cauchy's and Euler's equations, Initial and boundary value problems, Partial Differential Equations and variable separable method.

Complex variables: Analytic functions, Cauchy's integral theorem and integral formula, Taylor's and Laurent' series, Residue theorem, solution integrals.

Probability and Statistics: Sampling theorems, Conditional probability, Mean, median, mode and standard deviation, Random variables, Discrete and continuous distributions, Poisson, Normal and Binomial distribution, Correlation and regression analysis.

Numerical Methods: Solutions of non-linear algebraic equations, single and multi-step methods for differential equations.

Transform Theory: Fourier transform, Laplace transform, Z-transform.

GENERAL APTITUDE(GA):
Verbal Ability: English grammar, sentence completion, verbal analogies, word groups, instructions, critical reasoning and verbal deduction.

Electronics and Communication Engineering
Networks: Network graphs: matrices associated with graphs; incidence, fundamental cut set and fundamental circuit matrices. Solution methods: nodal and mesh analysis. Network theorems: superposition, Thevenin and Norton's maximum power transfer, Wye-Delta transformation. Steady state sinusoidal analysis using phasors. Linear constant coefficient differential equations; time domain analysis of simple RLC circuits, Solution of network equations using Laplace transform: frequency domain analysis of RLC circuits. 2-port network parameters: driving point and transfer functions. State equations for networks.

Electronic Devices: Energy bands in silicon, intrinsic and extrinsic silicon. Carrier transport in silicon: diffusion current, drift current, mobility, and resistivity. Generation and recombination of carriers. p-n junction diode, Zener diode, tunnel diode, BJT, JFET, MOS capacitor, MOSFET, LED, p-I-n and avalanche photo diode, Basics of LASERs. Device technology: integrated circuits fabrication process, oxidation, diffusion, ion implantation, photolithography, n-tub, p-tub and twin-tub CMOS process.

Analog Circuits: Small Signal Equivalent circuits of diodes, BJTs, MOSFETs and analog CMOS. Simple diode circuits, clipping, clamping, rectifier. Biasing and bias stability of transistor and FET amplifiers. Amplifiers: single-and multi-stage, differential and operational, feedback, and power. Frequency response of amplifiers. Simple op-amp circuits. Filters. Sinusoidal oscillators; criterion for oscillation; single-transistor and op-amp configurations. Function generators and wave-shaping circuits, 555 Timers. Power supplies.

Digital circuits: Boolean algebra, minimization of Boolean functions; logic gates; digital IC families (DTL, TTL, ECL, MOS, CMOS). Combinatorial circuits: arithmetic circuits, code converters, multiplexers, decoders, PROMs and PLAs. Sequential circuits: latches and flip-flops, counters and shift-registers. Sample and hold circuits, ADCs, DACs. Semiconductor memories. Microprocessor(8085): architecture, programming, memory and I/O interfacing.

Signals and Systems: Definitions and properties of Laplace transform, continuous-time and discrete-time Fourier series, continuous-time and discrete-time Fourier Transform, DFT and FFT, z-transform. Sampling theorem. Linear Time-Invariant (LTI) Systems: definitions and properties; causality, stability, impulse response, convolution, poles and zeros, parallel and cascade structure, frequency response, group delay, phase delay. Signal transmission through LTI systems.

Control Systems: Basic control system components; block diagrammatic description, reduction of block diagrams. Open loop and closed loop (feedback) systems and stability analysis of these systems. Signal flow graphs and their use in determining transfer functions of systems; transient and steady state analysis of LTI control systems and frequency response. Tools and techniques for LTI control system analysis: root loci, Routh-Hurwitz criterion, Bode and Nyquist plots. Control system compensators: elements of lead and lag compensation, elements of Proportional-Integral-Derivative (PID) control. State variable representation and solution of state equation of LTI control systems.

Communications: Random signals and noise: probability, random variables, probability density function, autocorrelation, power spectral density. Analog communication systems: amplitude and angle modulation and demodulation systems, spectral analysis of these operations, superheterodyne receivers; elements of hardware, realizations of analog communication systems; signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) calculations for amplitude modulation (AM) and frequency modulation (FM) for low noise conditions. Fundamentals of information theory and channel capacity theorem. Digital communication systems: pulse code modulation (PCM), differential pulse code modulation (DPCM), digital modulation schemes: amplitude, phase and frequency shift keying schemes (ASK, PSK, FSK), matched filter receivers, bandwidth consideration and probability of error calculations for these schemes. Basics of TDMA, FDMA and CDMA and GSM.

Electromagnetics: Elements of vector calculus: divergence and curl; Gauss' and Stokes' theorems, Maxwell's equations: differential and integral forms. Wave equation, Poynting vector. Plane waves: propagation through various media; reflection and refraction; phase and group velocity; skin depth. Transmission lines: characteristic impedance; impedance transformation; Smith chart; impedance matching; S parameters, pulse excitation. Waveguides: modes in rectangular waveguides; boundary conditions; cut-off frequencies; dispersion relations. Basics of propagation in dielectric waveguide and optical fibers. Basics of Antennas: Dipole antennas; radiation pattern; antenna gain.
6th June 2013, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

i am the final year student, can we achieve rank in gate by preparing for exam in 6 months please give your suggestions
22nd June 2013, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

WHAT MARK IS REQUIRED TO GET A SEAT IN NIT & IIT
21st July 2013, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

sir i m in 3rd sem of ece branch ..... n i want to prepare for gate from now..... so plz suggest me books for S.E. which will help me for gate preparation also... reply as early as possible
2nd August 2013, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/Madam,nw i hv cmpltd my b'tech in ECE brnch & in my final year i hv alrdy aperd d GATE exam bt 4 dat i was nither preprd nor follow any books that'swhy i got vry ngligble mrk bt nw i wnt 2 mke myslfe fully prepred 4 d nxt GATE exam n 2 achve d bst result ,so kindly gv me d best solution dat cn mke me confident to appear d GATE exam without tkng any coaching 4m any coaching center?
20th August 2013, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

what is last year Qualifying Marks for SC student?
20th August 2013, 10:59 AM
swamy55

hi, your studying 3rd year so first you must read 2nd year subjects and then 3rd year subjects. You must more concentrate on aptitude and mathematics mainly ranks differ these subjects. Normally the GATE exam will conduct on february 4th year students of b.tech. And also must collect the previous years GATE question papers try to solve it. (all the best)
9th September 2013, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

i am in first year in ece branch when should i start my preparations for GATE Exam
16th September 2013, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

hi sir as iam ece 2012 passout batch ...i dnt hav pre pland for gate exam now im realised...they hav stil 4 months time to gate 2014 exam...how to get good score in gate with out coaching..im strictly studyed daily but i dnt knw way of study..that means im fully studyed one concept nt solved bits on those topic...how to overcum this problm plss help me ......
19th September 2013, 03:53 PM
sakhi jaiswal
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi sir as iam ece 2012 passout batch ...i dnt hav pre pland for gate exam now im realised...they hav stil 4 months time to gate 2014 exam...how to get good score in gate with out coaching..im strictly studyed daily but i dnt knw way of study..that means im fully studyed one concept nt solved bits on those topic...how to overcum this problm plss help me ......
hey. !! time is less u can still enroll urself at the online course available for gate at : http://www.wiziq.com/course/19502-gate-2014-ies-2013-engineering-mathematics-crash-course

Its of great help and got myself enrolled yesterday itself. please do not delay any further and just check it asap!!
Or mail me at : [email protected]
19th September 2013, 03:54 PM
sakhi jaiswal
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am in first year in ece branch when should i start my preparations for GATE Exam
hey. !! time is less u can still enroll urself at the online course available for gate at : http://www.wiziq.com/course/19502-gate-2014-ies-2013-engineering-mathematics-crash-course

Its of great help and got myself enrolled yesterday itself. please do not delay any further and just check it asap!!
Or mail me at : [email protected]
14th December 2013, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am a 2nd year student from NIT Calicut.I want to prepare for GATE exam.Is coaching necessary?.I cant spend much money on coaching as my parents are facing somany financial problems.Can you give me some guidelines?Some books that can be referred?Or sites that can be visted??Please reply ..
29th March 2014, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

I have done b.tech in ece branch passout in 2012.I m working in a company on contractual basis to afford myself but the job role is not satisfied. I want to seriously prepare for gate exam 2015 being in the job n without joining any coaching center. how can I score to get any iit or to get success in PSU. plz suggest me.
30th June 2014, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

I m 3rd year be student from ece branch .I want to know how to prepare for gate,ies and psu's without any coaching as I can't afford it.plz suggest me some important books and sites that will help me in preparation.
8th January 2016, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I am from ECE 2 nd year. I didn't have any basic knowledge.so please suggest me ,how to start from where and when.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?