30th September 2012, 01:53 AM
RAHUL VERMA SUNAR

How to prepare for GPAT? I am a Poor Student

how to prepare for gpat if i am a poor student, please suggest me some tips

30th September 2012, 07:34 AM
sudha001

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for GPAT? I am a Poor Student

Hello Friend,

First of all don't think you are dull in your studies , the only thing required is bit of concentration and you are through in your exam. you need to work more harder since you know that you are a weak student.Just give your 200 % than i am sure you will be able to crack your exam. Most important do not demoralize your self, inbuilt your power to achieve something, then only you can fulfill your dreams .And study regularly at least 7 hour ...

I am recommending some books of GPAT for you that you can prefer practice from these books regularly at least you nee
d to complete one chapter in a day .

Just work hard ......
Best wishes...
30th September 2012, 11:18 AM
bhaskar51

Default Re: How to prepare for GPAT? I am a Poor Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAHUL VERMA SUNAR View Post
how to prepare for gpat if i am a poor student, please suggest me some tips
when you start preparation
Be away from your friend dnt have friendship with your mobile
Nevet get anything other thant what is your goal

GPAT stands for Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT). To appear for the GPAT exam you need to have completed your Bachelors in Pharmacy. This exam is normally for all those who are interested in pursuing Masters course.

GPAT Exam Pattern :

This is a written test. It is of 100 questions carrying 1 mark each. Student have to attempt this in 3 hours. All the questions are objective types. There is negative marking also . For each wrong answer 1/3 marks is deducted.

GPAT Exam eligibility Criteria :

Those who want to get admission in this should have bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy from a recognized university.

Find out your weak areas and work hard to overcome them. Solving papers could help you gain confidence and speed.
30th September 2012, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

i am doing b.sc from biology, and want to higher study but family problem so i can't do cpmt and want to know another line for higher study please help me and please if any is good line then tell necessary book and some good idea
30th September 2012, 07:11 PM
santhoshkumar1988

When u Start Preparation

Be away from your Girl Friend or Boy Friend. Don’t have friendship with your mobile.

Never get anything into mind other than what is your goal.

Just think for a while have some peace of mind and only start the studies.

Just think about your parent who sent you outside from home for study not for other things like
movies, parties etc.

We are sure most of you won’t eat on time. But this matters. Keep an alarm to remind you.
Scheduling some time fails. So better don’t think of reschedule.

When you go for sleep think about whole day, what you learn today, then close your eyes and think
one by one. At one point u think that i forget something about a particular chapter which i learn today
then see your register/copy on next morning and learn the points which u forgot.

Have good sleep when ever u r sleepy. Don’t think i should complete this chapter and only sleep.

You are hostellers or day scholars whatever you learn, then discuss these topics in your
groups/friend circle.& Because whenever you go for discussion on any topic you never forget that
particular topic/chapter.

Whenever you feel Sleepy in day time, drink cold water and walk for few minutes then start study.

Some student makes their schedule like… They pick one subject and complete it all then go for
next subjects.an Some pick all subjects simultaneously. We think this strategy depends on the
students but second one is moreacronym, effective according to our experience because some
time only one subject takes around 10 day so some time it’s take the first boring to learn one
subject for such a long time.

Revision is very important, make your schedule like this that you revise previous learn chapters.

Whenever you read any chapter write important points on the top of page of your copy/register,
make these points remember memory tip results (MTP’S).

Whenever you start preparation read pharmacology and medicinal chemistry simultaneously.

Make charts, flow diagram & tables and paste them on the wall of your room.

Find some topic from which one question is always asked in previous year examinations. So
prepare these topics with extra effort.

Solve more and more questions. Make your rhythm to solve calculation type questions so you get
your speed.

Visual Memory

Some have a very good visual memory, Make use of this while preparing for GPAT.Draw the
diagrams and link them to all what you have learnt about them.

Prepare your own question Bank

Acronyms & Acrostics

To learn Classification of Drug create an acronym, take the first letters of the items that you are
trying to rememberand make a new word out of them or u can add ur friends name in trick.
Eg. To learn Second Generation Fluroquinolones drug Classification

TRICK-

Latest LG Moblie Store-

L-Lomefloxacin, L-Levofloxacin, G- Gatifloxacin, M-Moxifloxacin, S-Sparfloxcin.

Similar* type of many other trick prepared by GPATINDIA experts

For NIPER JEE prepare English, Verbal reasoning & GK about (CURRENT AFFAIRS).

Best Tips (when just 7 days remaining for exam)

Give one day for one subject for revision of all topics (whatever notes you prepared for that
particular subject).

In evening meet with friends and go for healthy discussion on topics. Suppose you are 4
friends, all 4 read same subject for all the day then go for discussion. We think it is the best
way to learn.

Don’t think about other friend preparations, just do your work.

Don’t pressurize (depress) yourself from the fear of exam be very cool. Just believe in yourself.

Don’t think that i did lot of preparation and if i will not get success in exam then what will
happen. This type of thinking pressurizes you & it will affect your performance in exam.

Don’t read any new chapter.

One night before exam take good sleep. Don’t think much about exam. Just relax. Eat light
dinner and go for good sleep.

On the day of exam wakeup early in the morning & do meditation for 15minute.Then revise as
much as possible.Read news paper (just headline) for relaxing yourself. Don’t forget your
admission letter. Reach examination place before half hour.

Best Tips (In Exam)

Read all instruction very carefully.

Some students first solve full paper then they fill OMR Sheet. But our experience and a survey
said that in this method lot of student do silly error, or mistakes to fill OMR sheet in last time
hurry or sometime remaining time is very less to fill OMR sheet due to mismanagement of time
by student. So follow following pattern

Solve one question then fill OMR Sheet for that particular question. Follow this pattern for whole
paper.

Sometime first ten questions are very hard to solve, this is the strategy of examiner to
demoralize the students. So don’t feel fear, nausea etc. so don’t loose your confidence go for
next questions these are much simpler then firs ten.

Solving question by negative approach say for example…. If you don’t know the answer of
question but you know that, in given four options two are not correct then you take chance to
solve this question by remaining two options.

Books Recommended for the Preparation of GPAT Exam

Pharmaceutics: Lackman, Remington, IP, Martin, NK Jain ( for NDDS), GK Jani (For calculation)

Pharmacology: KDT, Rang & Dale, Lippincott wilium Ilustrated Review of Pharmacology, color
atlas of Pharmacology

Pharma chemistry : Jerry March,*I.L.Finar , Wilsion -Gisvold, foye, D.Sriram & P.Yogessawari
(medicinal chemistry)

Pharmacognosy: Trease & Evans, willis, Kokate

Biochemistry: Lehninger , Lippincott wilium Ilustrated Review of Biochemistry, Harper,
U V Satyanarayan

Microbiology: Pelzar, Presscott

Clinical Pharmacy: we will put important topic on our study material section

Analysis: Silversteine, Willard,* Vogel, Scoog, Y R Sharma ,

Jurisprudence : N. K. Jain

Natural Products Chemistry: O. P. Agrawal

Organic Chemistry: Morision & Boyed

Physical Chemstry: shishir mittal (disha publication)

Clinical Pharmacology: For Pathophysiology & Management of disease: Kodakimble, Dipiro,
Roger walker

ALL THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
13th December 2012, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

hi, i'm in first year bpharm now n i want to crack gpat with great score. iwant to start slow preparations from now itself. how should i begin?? plzzz guide me
8th July 2013, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

hello...i m in bpharm 4 th year nw..n its only Less than 1 year to go....fr the exam n i m cnfsd hw to manage with busy college schedules.
17th July 2013, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

how 2 prepare GPAT when 2 years remaining..?
6th August 2013, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

I m average student.i don't know the syllabus.so please give that information, thank you
26th August 2013, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

hii i the student of b pharma 3 year i want prepare g pat now if this is right time to prepration
27th July 2014, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

I am average student, & i dont know how to crack & which matrial used for preparation & i have no money back ground for go to classes so you please me help...thank you
18th January 2015, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

Im average student I want qualify in gpat I dont know how to prepare gpat please help me I dont have more time but..... I want gpat rank
2nd October 2015, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

I am an average student of 2 nd year,3 Rd semester.i have started my preparation for gpat by making notes and trying to understand the concepts.however my 1 St and 2 nd semester preparation is just not good. What to do?I want a definite success in gpat exam.please guide
19th February 2018, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

I am an average student of 3rd B.pharma 2nd semester I want to start by gpat preparation but I am not clear I am not clear about how to start preparation and how to start preparation help by giving suggestions and which book is preferable for exam preparation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?