22nd June 2010, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IAS after b.tech? what should be the right strategy?

I'm a B.tech 3rd year student of branch ece..i want to become a good IAS officer..my age is 20 years now..what should be my strategy from here to achieve this goal??

Regards
nitish vashishth

26th June 2010, 04:06 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS after b.tech? what should be the right strategy?

Its great that you are so ambitious.IAS is not impossible to crack. ut if you have the right direction then you can easily crack it.

I will tell you some tips to crack the preliminary exam of IAS. For mains you yourself will find out ways if you crack it

First of all start with NCERT books from 6th std to 12th std.
I am listing out the books which you should follow for all the subjects..chose the best one which you link

History: NCERT,Spectrums moderns india
Geography:NCERT,an Atlas would do,Gocheng leong book
for science:I think NCERT would be sufficient.So work hard on NCERT
Current affairs-daily keep yourself updated by reading newspapers and magazines
General knowledge:Chronicle year book,Manorama,India year book

So chose your subject and start with your preparations as soon as possible as this entrance test is very much competitive
26th June 2010, 07:37 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS after b.tech? what should be the right strategy?

dear friend

If you are interested in IAS after b.tech, the you need lots of hard work and Sincerity to crack this exams. If you are really interested to clear this exams, then please read daily news paper to improve your gk and work on your basic subjects and always using NCERT books as a reference as well as immediately join a good coaching classes, if you have a
time. So, please purchase the previous year papers, because it will helps to get an idea about the kind of questions that are asked in IAS exams.........
26th June 2010, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

Im is 2nd yr btech in cse.how should i prepare myself for GATE?
27th June 2010, 06:33 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hai Nitish,
As far as the eligibility for writng IAS exam, i.e. civil service exam conducted by UPSC, you need to be a graduate from a recognised university.
So, first of all you must concentrate on your bachelor's programme.
To, qualify the civil service exam, you will need to keep yourself updated with the exam patterns and must consult good study materials for its preparation.
Following is the list of optional subjects from which you can select the subject of your expertise.

Agriculture ,Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science ,Botany ,Chemistry Civil Engineering ,Commerce ,Economics ,Electrical Engineering ,Geography,Geology ,Indian History ,Law ,Mathematics,Management ,Mechanical Engineering ,Medical Science ,Philosophy ,Physics ,Political Science ,Psychology Public Administration, Sociology ,Statistics ,Zoology ,Anthropology

Try to consult books written by as many authors as possible along with IGNOU study materials which is one of the most important study material for the preparation.
27th June 2010, 06:23 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

HAI
YOU MUST FIRST QUALIFY BOTH THE PRILIMINARY EXAM & MAIN EXAM FOR IAS. THEN YOU MUST TAKE A BACHELORS DEGREE AND YOUR AGE MUST BE BETWEEN 21-30 .THEN ATTEND THE INTERVIEW. IF SELECTED YOU CAN JOIN IAS. FOR DETAILS REFER www.ias.ac.in
27th June 2010, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

how many hours do hard work for ias
30th June 2010, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

Which branch of B.Tech will more useful to get rank in IAS after completion of B.Tech ? Please reply to my question with kindness pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
2nd July 2010, 01:34 AM
Unregistered

hie..i have just passed my 12th and i am planning to do b.tech. but my aim is ias. how can i prepare for ias from today itself?
3rd July 2010, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

hii, iam ashok kumar sahu . b, tech. ece 2 year student. i want to be an ias . what should i do ?
3rd July 2010, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

sir i am student of 1 st year b.tech sir i want to crack ips sir please give me the strategy and study plan sir . please because i am from poor background please help me?
3rd July 2010, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

i am 2nd B.Tech E.C.E. how can i prepare for IAS EXAMS well?what is the qualification,books and other sources for preparation?how much time we have to spent per a day?
6th July 2010, 05:02 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

there are specific subjects for which you can prepare in ias exam.
rest its not so easy to give through a engg. degree.
8th July 2010, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

HELLO SIR............ I'm completed 12th class with 52% & now I'm a B.A Ist year student.my age is 18 year now.I want to become a good & best IAS officer.PLEASE suggest me what should i do....pleaseeeeeeeeeeee sir. manisha verma
10th July 2010, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

hi!
now i'm into my final yr of b.tech. I'd like to join in a mass communication course. what is the tenure of the course and is it a right choice?
and also is it a bachelor degree or...?
22nd July 2010, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

I'm a B.tech 3rd year student of branch ece..i want to become a good Army officer..my age is 20 years now..what should be my strategy from here to achieve this goal??
22nd July 2010, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

I'm a B.tech 3rd year student of branch ece..i want to become a good ARMY officer..my age is 20 years now..what should be my strategy from here to achieve this goal?? Abhinandan
27th July 2010, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

I'm a student of B.Tech 3rd year of branch (IT),I want to be a IAS how should i prepare for it.......
27th July 2010, 08:14 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm a student of B.Tech 3rd year of branch (IT),I want to be a IAS how should i prepare for it.......
When you want to go for IAS you should be really serious for it at this stage of point only. Start making command over general awareness and history and decide through which subject you feel better to appear for exam as aoptional subject. You can appear for the exam in your final year as graduation is required qualification.

Best regards.~!
27th July 2010, 05:20 PM
subhash5687
Banned

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for IAS after b.tech? what should be the right strategy?

Quote:
Im is 2nd yr btech in cse.how should i prepare myself for GATE?
for ias u have to work hard and make clear of all basic consepts from 6th to b.tech and also science ,history an GK,thank you,
27th July 2010, 05:57 PM
shubham957

Smile Re: How to prepare for IAS after b.tech? what should be the right strategy?

Quote:
I'm a B.tech 3rd year student of branch ece..i want to become a good IAS officer..my age is 20 years now..what should be my strategy from here to achieve this goal??

Regards
nitish vashishth
to crack the ias exam you must keep yourself updated to the latest happenings in the world by reading newspapers and magazines. also you must inprove your basics of 6th to 12th class by studying from ncert books. solved previous years question papers can also help you a lot.
all the best
28th July 2010, 01:00 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Hi!

If you want to become an IAS officer you must be knowing that you have to appear in civil services exam conducted by UPSC in 3 phases viz. preliminary exam, mains exam & interview.

Selection of right optional subject for prelims & mains exam, time management , stress management, knowledge of your weak & strong areas are some of the factors which play a key role in cracking the civil services exam.

For more useful tips on cracking the exam you can visit these websites:
www.upscportal.com
www.threeauthors.com
28th July 2010, 01:36 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

see, IAS preparation fully depends on you. if you will work hard then you can crack IAS exam.the most essential things which are requires to crack the IAS exam are

1.confidance.

2.leadership quality.

3.positive atitude.

these three are most importent things behind your study labour.

for crack the IAS exam,you have to chose a main paper for IAS exam.

if you belongs to mechanical,civil or electical engg department,then you can choose your departmental subjects.

otherwise it is better to choose arts related papers.

best of luck.........
2nd August 2010, 09:53 AM
Unregistered

I want to become an IAS officer .I want to know which subjects have most optional subjects.
15th August 2010, 02:38 AM
Sathishkannan

For the GATE exam you should be through of the basic concept of the subject that you are going to take.
15th August 2010, 02:40 AM
Sathishkannan

Daily preparation is necessary for the GATE exam and you should know everything about subject and over subject related.
15th August 2010, 02:42 AM
Sathishkannan

Hard work is necessary for the GATE exam preparation and daily good work is must and also complete knowledge.
16th August 2010, 12:37 AM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear frnd,

you can do preparation of IAS by choosing any two subjects among 22 subjects provided by UPSC.

yoy have to do hard labour.you can also join any good coaching institutes in delhi.

all d best.
25th August 2010, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

Iam studying B.tech first year now.What should be the right strategy to prepare for I.A.S. Can you please give me any suggestions.
26th August 2010, 02:13 AM
Unregistered

all of them suggested ncert books.
wat is ncert?
plz tell me?
in priliminary how many sub exist?
26th August 2010, 09:45 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
it is very nice to hear from you that you are so ambitious.you can crack IAS exam conducted by UPSC if you follw right stragey.for the time being start preparing for the prelims and study general science.after you pass b.tech join any good coaching institute for full time preparation.the best institute are in Delhi.it will be benificial for you if you prepare from there.
Wish You All The Best!!!!
26th August 2010, 10:11 PM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

you can become an IAS officer by passing UPSC exam with top all India rank.

you have to do hard labour from now.as your branch's subject is not among the list of subjects prescribed by the UPSC but you can take any two subjects of your interest.

you have to read one news paper daily. the best news paper will be the Hindu.

also read India today regularly.

all the best.
27th August 2010, 10:36 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

you can crack IAS exam conducted by UPSC if you follw right stragey.for the prelims and study general science,you can also join any good coaching institutes in delhi.You can appear for the exam in your final year as graduation is required qualification.
27th August 2010, 06:50 PM
charli

dear friend,

yes, you can appear for IAS exam after b.tech. exam.you have to do hard labour from now.

also focus on general knowledge.read one news paper daily. also read India today.

good luck.
28th August 2010, 01:05 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

Yes, after doing Btech you can go for IAS .... IAS is a exam which is conducted by UPSC.. for preparing IAS you have to do lots of hard work... you have to read daily newspaper, magazines... try to gather knowledge.. keep in touch with current affairs..

this will help you to crack IAS exam..

all the best..
28th August 2010, 10:20 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
all of them suggested ncert books.
wat is ncert?
plz tell me?
in priliminary how many sub exist?
hi,
you should read the ncert text books for the subjects of
history
geography
civics
political science
economics
most of the question sin general studies are from them only,
to find the number of subjects in prelims log on to www.upsc.gov.in
all the best
29th August 2010, 07:41 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Nitish!!
For the IAS exam you ill have to sit for the UPSC exams and as you have mentioned that you are from the ECE stream so you will have to select two papers......

Then you will have to sit for the Exam ,exams are categorized into priliminary and mains ,you will have to pass in both the exam...

Then You will have to face an interview session..there after the rank of the students will be short listed and hence the selection.....

Best Wishes...
7th October 2010, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

hi my name s adithya i just finished my 2nd pu and joined b tech but after my compleation of degree course i want to become an eminent ias officer so what should i have to do and what are the conditions i have to pass to become an ias officer so give me some of the tips what should i have to do
12th October 2010, 09:57 PM
Abhinay Raj

iam doing B.tech in mechanical in 7th semester how can i prepare for IAS
12th October 2010, 11:49 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:

Regards
nitish vashishth
for ias exam, you will have to select subjects of your own field and of your choice. so to prepare for them you must revise your syllabus books. you can study from ncert books of 6th to 12th class. there is a general knowledge exam also. so you must prepare for that also by reading newspaper and watching news channels.
13th October 2010, 01:44 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

dear there is material available in the market you should buy that and start preparing they also mention all the books and material you to refer ok all the best
13th October 2010, 11:38 AM
helpmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinay Raj View Post
iam doing B.tech in mechanical in 7th semester how can i prepare for IAS
as far as preparation for ias is concerned you need to be really serious and should not waste your any more time now.
as you are just to complete your graduation.
first decide the subject in which you will appear in the exam.
you can take take your engineering subject but mostly its very tough.
so better decide any social subject in which you can do better and start your preparatiopn and you can also join coaching classes for it
19th October 2010, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

I am a Btech graduate in Computer science.Can i apply for IAS Exam
20th October 2010, 12:10 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Hello friend,
At this stage u can start with GS..the most important for civil service.
For that purpose u must become an avid reader of newspaper and magazine.
For rest , u can prepare for it in around 6 months(including optionals ,languages).
Improve your writting skill..for that participate in college writting events.
Last, dont create panic in your mind about IAS... go in a smoother ways..surely u will success.
22nd October 2010, 07:56 AM
helpmaster

Quote:
I am a Btech graduate in Computer science.Can i apply for IAS Exam

Yes, you can definately apply for IAS exam as you are a graduate
3rd November 2010, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,i am pundalik Rathod i have successively completed my PUC with distiction result in science.and i have taken engg e&c in bvb hubli. initially from primary education i have been very popular with GK.so sir, i want to become an great,virtue ias officer.i think that sir i shoud change my branch and take a essiest branch in be(say mechanical).the purpose is giving lot of stress on ias preparation.so please sir,what ur suggestion for me. thank you
17th November 2010, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

Sir i am b.tech 1st year branch IT .i want to make ias officer . Sir my math & chemistry is good .can i choose a better optional subject .if it is good then what i do .
21st November 2010, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

sir ,i am in b.tch 3rd year mech student.. i want to know how to crack ias exam..after my degree.is over????? please help me sir...no one can give me right suggestion...
24th November 2010, 04:10 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
sir ,i am in b.tch 3rd year mech student.. i want to know how to crack ias exam..after my degree.is over????? please help me sir...no one can give me right suggestion...
Since you are a engineering student The new change in CSAT has made your work easier.
you need to join coaching classes along with hard work.
First try t keep update with all the recent changes all around you.
The pattern of exam has been totally changed due to introduction of CSAT.
5th January 2011, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

hi iam a b.tech instrumentation finalyear student. how much % in btech.i can wright for ias exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?