10th August 2011, 11:31 PM
amrutha ammu

How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in CSE pursuing 2nd year?

haiiiiiiiiii.........
I am doing my btech 2nd yr in the department of CSE.........my ambition is to become an IAS officer and fullfill my grandpa's last wish........plzzzz help me I am in a state of full confusion I dnt knw how to prepare,wht are the subjcts etc etc..........plzzzzzzzzzz consider this and reply meeeeee...awaiting 4 ur reply....thnk uuuuu

Related Questions:
  1. Best way to prepare for IAS exam while in CSE 2nd year?
  2. Can I give UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech with CSE? How to prepare for this Exam?
  3. How to start preparation for IAS exam while pursuing CSE?
  4. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 4th year of B.Tech course?
  5. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in CSE?
  6. How to prepare for IAS while doing B.Tech course?
  7. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Engineering in IT stream?
  8. Guidance to prepare for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BE in Civil Engineering? Previous 10 year Question Papers for these Exams?
  9. How to start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Com course?
  10. Full information about IAS syllabus? Which is the entrance exam? I am in 3rd year B.Tech in CSE stream -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How to start my preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of ECE? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  12. How to prepare for IAS? I am studying B.Tech 2nd year
  13. How to go for higher studies after pursuing B.Tech CSE final year -- [New]
  14. What is the use of studying M.Sc course being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BE in CSE? Which Entrance Exams should I prepare to study in Abroad?
  15. How to do IAS after passing B.Tech 3rd year?
  16. How should I start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech?
  17. Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? Books and Magazines to prepare for this Exam?
  18. How to become an IAS Officer being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year ECE?
11th August 2011, 06:22 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in CSE pursuing 2nd year?

For IAS, one need to go through Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC (Union Public Services Commission).

The selection procedure will be by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

The minimum academic qualification with which a candidate appear for this CSAT Exam is by having a Graduation degree from a recognized university.

A pass in Graduation is enough to appear for CSAT and no need to secure higher percentage of marks at Graduation level.

As you are a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech, you have to wait for two more year to appear for Civil Services Exam.

I would suggest you to be strong enough in Aptitude, General Awareness and General English areas by the time you appear for IAS Exam through which you can easily crack the CSAT Exam.
11th August 2011, 06:58 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in CSE pursuing 2nd year?

hi dear
after complete your Degree graduation then
you apply for IAS exam but

For IAS some criteria are there

*Candidate pass graduation
*Must be an Indian
*Age-21 to 30 years
5 years relax for SC/ST candidate
3 years for OBC candidate

Maximum time attempts :-
4 times for General candidate give exam
7 times for OBC candidate
No limits for SC/ST candidate

Pattern of exam:-

SCAT
Final written
Personal interview

If alll stages are clear then you qualify the IAS exam............
11th August 2011, 07:16 AM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Your thinking is good so you should start your preparation from now when you reach in the final year then you can apply for the IAS exam. This exam is to be conducted by the UPSC every year. First you have to give the pre exam after that main exam and if you clear then go for the interview round. You can also find more information on the UPSC website here http://www.upsc.gov.in
11th August 2011, 12:38 PM
THANIKONDA

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in CSE pursuing 2nd year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutha ammu View Post
haiiiiiiiiii.........
I am doing my btech 2nd yr in the department of CSE.........my ambition is to become an IAS officer and fullfill my grandpa's last wish........plzzzz help me I am in a state of full confusion I dnt knw how to prepare,wht are the subjcts etc etc..........plzzzzzzzzzz consider this and reply meeeeee...awaiting 4 ur reply....thnk uuuuu
hello youngman,
if you mant get IAS,from now onwards read news paper n improve your general knowledge...after your graduation join IAS coaching..i think it's better to join long term now only...so all the best
11th August 2011, 02:02 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

As you told me that you are the student of B.E computer science so first of all you have to change your subject paper because computer science is not mention as a paper in IAS exam.
The IAS exam is wholly depend in three parts
1. Prelims
2. Mains
3. Interview

For applying IAS exam the eligibility criterion is as follows:-

category Age limit No of attempts

1: general 21 to 30 year 4

2: OBC 21 to 33 year 7

3: SC / ST 21 to 35 year no limit

and candidate should be graduate .
11th August 2011, 08:20 PM
sachin200792

IAS is an exam conducted by UPSC for the candidates who want to make their career in administration. The minimum qualification required to appear in the IAS exam is graduation. The candidate must be holding a degree at least in any field. Candidates age must be in between 21-30 years while OBC and SC/ST candidates have age relaxation of 3 years and 5 years respectively.

You have to go through three stages to become an IAS officer and those are:

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Mains Exam

3. Interview

You can choose either the subjects you are studying or may be other subjects which you can prepare for like history, geography, psychology, etc. Science or engineering subjects are usually hard to take and are not much helpful. So most of the candidates prepare for the subjects other than science or engineering subjects. But after all you need to work hard because competition is very tough.
1st September 2011, 04:51 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend ,

the exam for the IAS is conducted by the upsc and which is mainly consist of the three papers that is

1) preliminary exam
2) main exam
3) interview

overall rank is determined by your performance in all three exams .

while in the second year of graduation you can start primary preparation for the IAS exam .
you can gain your knowledge of the current affairs by reading the newspaper daily.
english newspaper should be selected for the reading because it will improve your english skills .
and it will be helpfull to you while writing the essay in the civil service exam.
english essay is also much important part of the ias exam.

to know more about the exam kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in
13th September 2011, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

haiiiii...............
I am doing my cse second year in the department of cse in an engineering college.I want to become an IPS officer, but im in confusion about how to prepare and i dont know anything about subjects for prelims exam?
please give me some valuable information for prelims????
3rd October 2011, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Hi frnds..........presently i am in btech 2nd year in ece banch.so please tell me about the preparation for IAS nd also i have a doubt that what should i do after btech,job or the preperation for IAS.so plzz................ tell me frnds what to do? my mail id- akhileshgn9119gmail.com
5th January 2012, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

i am a B.Sc. 2nd year student with stats ,maths and computer science as my subjects. i want to become an IAS officer .. should i start preparation for the IAS exam after the graduation or i should do a post graduation..
23rd January 2012, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

I am B.Tech 2nd year student (CSE). Which subject should I choose for IAS exam?
18th March 2012, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

i am final year student in cse dept. how to prepare for IAS exm???
24th March 2012, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for ias exam in cse students? and procedure for exam details please ? i am second year student in cse dept.
11th April 2012, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

if i clear mains exam with good marks like 1600 from 2000 marks then what there is need minimum qualification marks in interview for selection or total marks prefare for selection
14th April 2012, 06:57 PM
monisha_sarabhai

ITS Given through UPSC i.e Union Public Services Commission.
ElIGIBILITY : graduatuion from any stream.
AGE LIMIT : 21 to 28.
YOU nned to be a regular reader of newspaper..
this will help you to be more confident.
THE PROCEDURE is...........first preliminary test......and further..main exam and interview if short listed.

ALL THE BEST.
20th May 2012, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

i am doing b.tech (cse) .i want to ask that by this sub. Can i give IAS exam plz rply me
27th May 2012, 10:22 AM
manpreet panech

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in CSE pursuing 2nd year?

It is a good approach to prepare for I.A.S EXAM while pursuing your studies.
You can prepare as:
1. Make habit of reading newspaper daily like The Hindu,The Tribune.
2.Read weekly magazines also like competition Success Review(C.S.R),The
civil services chronical.
3.Make your base strong by studying school level N.C.E.R.T books of science,social science.
Regards,
manpreet panech
6th June 2012, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare notes from news papers for IAS
7th June 2012, 01:48 AM
guruvana244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how to prepare notes from news papers for IAS

hi dear
you are now 1st year engineering student
after this you go for IAS exam.

criteria for IAS exam:-

*Candidate pass graduation

*Must be an Indian
*Age-21 to 30 years
5 years relax for SC/ST candidate
3 years for OBC candidate

*Maximum attempts:-

4 times for General candidate
7 times for OBC candidate
No limits for SC/ST candidate

For IAS preparation you join good institute for coaching

But in Summer you prepare your self:-

exam pattern:-

2 types
1)Preliminary exam
2)Final exam

BOOKS:-

9th July 2012, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

what is the difference between civil service exams and groups ,please reply to me...
10th July 2012, 08:21 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.............
As you are interested for IAS exam , The details eligibility criteria for IAS exam...........

The exam pattern & optional subjects.......

The list of best books for IAS exam.........

This exam is conducted through UPSC , which is conducted once in a year .

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck............
1st May 2014, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

Hey,,,I am persuing BE CSE ( computer science engineering) in recognized university,,, please tell me I am eligible for IAS or not on the basis of my subject,, please help,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?