25th August 2011, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing MA in Political Science?

respected sir
my name is kavita and i am doing M.A.Political science. i want to know that how to prepare for IAS exam .

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Engineering in IT stream?
  2. Instructions to prepare for IAS entrance exam?
  3. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing MBA in HR specialization?
  4. How to prepare for IAS exam? I am going to take admission in B.A Political Science
  5. How should I prepare for IAS exam? I have completed my B.A final
  6. Tips and advices to pursue M.A with Political Science?
  7. How to prepare for IAS examination? I am a student of PCB
  8. Possibility to study B.Sc(Physics) for B.A.(Political Science) candidate who is preparing for IAS exam? -- [New]
  9. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 4th year of B.Tech course?
  10. What to do next in case of failing in IAS exam? I have done M.A in Political Science
  11. Where to get previous 10 year Question Papers of IAS Main Exam? What should be the second optional subject for IAS if first choice is Political Science?
  12. How can I prepare for NET and which books are the best for NET exam Political Science or Reasoning?
  13. What are the best courses to do after completing Graduation?
  14. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester of Mechanical Engineering? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  15. How do I prepare to become an IAS Officer pursuing BE in Civil Engineering?
  16. Exam pattern and Syllabus for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 1st year B.Sc?
  17. Syllabus of Political Science? Which books are to be referred for Political Science so that I can pursue M.A from renowned university?
  18. Which Magazines and News Papers to read to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 10th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
25th August 2011, 02:59 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing MA in Political Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
respected sir
my name is kavita and i am doing M.A.Political science. i want to know that how to prepare for IAS exam .
Hello Kavita,
As you know that Union Public Service Commission conducts civil service examination for recruitment of IAS,IPS AND IFS officers, you will have to be among the highest scorers to get selected for IAS-Indian Administrative Service.

Civil Service Exam, after the change in format, now comprise of civil service aptitude test instead of preliminary exam. So, there won't be any optional papers. The CSAT will comprise of two papers based on general studies and aptitude test.

After qualifying the CSAT, you will be eligible to write the Man Exam which comprise of compulsory as well as optional papers.

For preparation, the best and proven method is to follow the syllabus of the subjects, refer previous years question papers and refer IGNOU study material for any subject.

The previous year question paper can be downloaded from the official website of UPSC.
25th August 2011, 04:50 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing MA in Political Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
respected sir
There are many ways to prepare for IAS Entrance exam :-
for example go through these procedures.

->you can prepare on your own
->with the help of regular coaching classes.
->with the help of postal coaching
->with the help of corresponding or weekend coaching classes.

The most riskiest option is first one "preparing on our own" . It is practically highly impossible because of our friends, our other worldly pleasures like family, friends,internet,jobs ,studies,other works,relatives etc., etc., so it is better not to go to this option untill and unless you have a strong reason and will power to study on your own.

->This is the safest option among all the procedures of preparation. because you are regularly going to coaching classes so you will have high bonding with what you are doing and why you are doing. your concentration levels with this option will be very high. I highly recommend this option if you are financially sound.

->With the help of postal coaching also many of them study and prepare themselves for Civils exam but the success rate of such candidates is very less. so why to take risk.

->Weekend classes this is also a good option who are born intellects but need some guidance towards the path. this will be very helpful for suck kinda candidates.

these are the different ways to prepare which I explored and most of them follow. there is no compulsion to select anyone of them.but don't stick these your creativity may create a destiny for you.

all the best for your preparation.

Regards

~AdityA~
25th August 2011, 06:16 PM
srilakshmi242

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing MA in Political Science?

Hi friend,

First of all I appreciate you for appearing one of the toughest exam in India i.e. IAS. It is a dream for many of the students to become an IAS- Indian Administrative Service Officer.

UPSC will conduct the IAS Exam every year. The selection procedure of CSAT Exam is in following phases
-Civil Services Aptitude Test
-Main Examination
-Interview

For CSAT Exam, there are two compulsory subjects of namely
Paper I : General Awareness
Paper II : Logical Reasoning Skills/Decision Making skills/Problem Solving skills/Communication skills/Comprehension Skills/Numerical Aptitude/Data Interpretation/English Language Comprehension Skills.

Each paper is of 200 marks. On the basis of the number of marks that are scored by the students, they can get qualified for the next phase of selection process.

As you are studying MA in Political Sciences, I think you are good at General Awareness.Hence, give much focus to study Aptitude and write the exam.

Let me give you an advice. If you can manage your regular studies along with coaching, then take coaching.
22nd September 2011, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

hi,sir my self piya kour,I m doing my pg in political science,i want to know how apply for profeser job,i have done graduation,so PG ke sath library course kar sakti hu,plz mujhe bataye ke PG ke sath
kon sa course better rehega.thank u.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?