28th December 2011, 07:18 PM
Nabanita dehury

How to prepare for IAS exam and which subject should I choose while being an engineering student?

i am a engineering student,i want to own prepairtion for ias so please give me details about it i.e How i can prepair What type of subject i choose?

Related Questions:
  1. Review regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?
  2. Which subject to choose for IAS exam?
  3. How to prepare for IAS and which subject should I choose?
  4. Best subject for a computer science student in IAS? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Which IAS subject will be suitable for ECE Engineering Student?
  6. How to become an IAS officer after Engineering (ECE)? how to prepare and subjects to study? Is it necessary to join IAS academy to prepare? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How to prepare for IAS exam after completing B.Tech Biotechnology?
  8. Inform about IAS and IPS exam? Which subject can I choose?
  9. What can I choose as a core subject for IAS exam in civil engineering? I am a student of B.Tech 3rd year civil engineering
  10. How to prepare for IAS after passing Mechanical engineering? Which optional subjects should I choose?
  11. How to prepare for IAS with optional subjects Punjabi and Chemistry. I'm a first year engineering student at IIT
  12. How To Prepare For IAS and What Subjects Should a B.Tech Student Choose?
  13. IAS after B.E(CSE)? How to choose another subject?
  14. Which optional to choose for IAS exam?
  15. Can I choose the combination of Physics and Maths in IAS exam? How to prepare for it?
  16. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  17. Preferred subject to choose in graduation in order to prepare for IAS? -- [New]
  18. Information regarding IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing EEE?
29th December 2011, 02:36 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS exam and which subject should I choose while being an engineering student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabanita dehury View Post
i am a engineering student,i want to own prepairtion for ias so please give me details about it i.e How i can prepair What type of subject i choose?

HI,
You can chose any two subject which is easy and interesting for you.

The list of subject is given below:-

Agriculture
Management
Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
Mathematics
Anthropology
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science
Chemistry Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce & Accountancy
Political Science & International Relations
Economics
Psychology
Electrical Engineering
Public Administration
Geography
Sociology
Geology
Statistics
Indian History
Zoology
Law
29th December 2011, 09:50 AM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS exam and which subject should I choose while being an engineering student?

dear friend,

Civil Services Examination is the most prestigious examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various All India Services including I.A.S., I.P.S., I.F.S.,I.R.S., and various Group A Services and Group B Services.

(1) Plan of Examination

Normally applications are invited by UPSC notifications in leading News Papers during December every year.

The Civil Services Examination consists of three stages.

1. Civil Services Preliminary Examination ( Objective Type) (Usually conducted in May)
2. Civil Services Main Examination (Written) (Conducted during October/November)
3. Interview and final Selection (During April/May)

You have told that you are a student of Engineering but you don't mention your department. See if you belongs to the following departments then only you are eligible for I.A.S.. which are given below :

1. Electrical Engineering,
2. Civil Engineering and
3. Mechanical Engineering.

If you are belongs to these three department then only you are eligible otherwise you are not eligible.

good luck.
29th December 2011, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

sir,which subject should i choose for ias while being an art student?plz guide me sir
3rd January 2012, 10:48 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to prepare for IAS exam and which subject should I choose while being an engineering student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabanita dehury View Post

Complete Information On IAS

For becoming an Indian Administrative Service Officer, you need to clear the Civil Service Examination which is conducted by the UPSC

For appearing in the entrance exam, you must have the following minimum qualifications :-

1) The candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years for general, 21-33 years for OBC category and 21-35 years for SC/ST

2) The candidates must have also completed their graduation from a recognized University in any stream

3) The maximum number of attempts allowed for the general candidates is 4,for OBC its 7 and for SC/ST/PWD there is no limit

The exam will be held in 2 parts :-

Prelims :- This is also known as the Civil Service Aptitude Test which consists of 2 objective papers and will test your basic general knowledge and current affairs..

Mains :- If you clear the Prelims then you will be eligible for the Mains which will test your graduation knowledge on 9 papers :-

Paper 1- It is on one Indian language and is of 300 marks

Paper 2- English and is of 300 marks

Paper 3- essay section carrying 200 marks

Paper 4-5 - both papers are of 300 marks on general studies

Paper 6-9 - optional papers to be selected by the candidate and each carrying 300 marks

The forms for the next Civil Service Exams paper shall release on 4th February,2012 and the last date for form submission is 5th March,2012

The Prelims will be conducted on 20th May,2012 and the Mains will be conducted on 5th October,2012

If you clear both the Prelims and the Mains then you shall be eligible for the final interview

The results will be declared just a few weeks before the next Prelims exam

For any more information on the exam, you can visit http://upsc.gov.in

I have also attached a solved paper of Preliminary Exam along with this post for your reference

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: doc IAS-Prelims-Paper-I-Solved-2011.doc(86.0 KB, 73 views)
4th January 2012, 01:28 AM
yasdhan

sir,
i am perceiving btech final year cse department wich subjects i had to choose and give me some detail information about this
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?