30th November 2015, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare my 5th standard kid for IIT in future?

Dear Sir,
My son is in 5th standard. Want to join IIT in future. How to prepare him to join IIT ?
which books, magazines help to improve his knowledge? please refer him books, related magazines for his future.
thanks and regards,
kavitha.

30th November 2015, 04:19 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to prepare my 5th standard kid for IIT in future?

First of all, let him build up his own interest, don't impose your aspiration on your child.
Best you can do is, make him aware of different career, what those people do in their profession. Visit museum, science & tech parks, cultural monuments. All this will help him to know about history, culture, geography and that would be much better than imposing word IIT on him.

PS : You can subscribe to some science and tech magazine which are provided by most of the newspaper dailies. Also, you can refer to TMH manual for general ability. That would be sufficient at this stage.
30th November 2015, 04:52 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
My son is in 5th standard. Want to join IIT in future. How to prepare him to join IIT ?
which books, magazines help to improve his knowledge? please refer him books, related magazines for his future.
thanks and regards,
kavitha.
It is better to prepare for something an earlier before.

But your ward is in 5th standard now, so it will be too early to pressurize kid for such a tough engineering entrance exam.

However, it would be better if you focus on developing interest towards science and engineering in him.

The right time for preparation of IIT should be from 10th onwards.

After 10th, students choose their stream either Commerce or Science.

This stage decides whether they are fit for engineering or not.

So, after your ward had passed 10th standard.

Then, you can admit him to a efficient coaching for preparation of IIT Exam.

Apart from coaching, you must purchase some popular reference books from good authors like Arihant, TMH publications, etc.

Solving previous questions papers of IIT will develop self confidence in him.
30th November 2015, 06:44 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

I think it is to much to just carry a bag for the IIT from now only without knowing his own interest.

But if he also want to get the admission in the IIT which is one of the India's best for the technical courses. From now you can provide him the science magazine and few of the mathematics books which requires better IQ to solve the questions.

But let him enjoy the other subjects of his courses also.
30th November 2015, 06:56 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology and these are the best engineering colleges in the India as well as in world for technical degree courses and are managed by Central Government of India.

As IIT is the best institute so the entrance examination ( JEE ) conducted for admissions in the same are relatively tougher than any other competitive examinations.

Standard 5th is quite early for thinking for admission in the IIT as for admissions in IIT one need to have higher secondary degree but for your eagerness I am providing the basics which one can follow from young age so that they can prepare themselves in the best possible way.

Firstly, as the JEE is only based on the performance in the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics so you must take interest in these subjects from the word goes now.

Secondary, the JEE consists of objective problems based on applications of different topics so you should try to solve the objective types problem more.

As far as you are concerned about the books then you can go for the books published by Pearson publication as they are designed for helping in preparation for JEE only.
30th November 2015, 07:17 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
thanks and regards,
kavitha.
IIT - Indian Institute of Technology

IIT is one of the top institutes in India and offers various courses such as B.E/B.Tech. Joining in IIT is a great thing but making your son ready while doing 5th standard itself is too early. The correct time will be while he is doing his respected 10th, as that is the time he will recognize what he should do.

While doing 10th he can concentrate on specific subjects which will make him more eligible for studying to join in IIT in future. At this stage he cannot understand what is IIT all about and his syllabus does not help him to get into IIT at this stage as he will study more about subjects in bigger classes.
30th November 2015, 07:37 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# It is good to know that you want that your kid should join IIT in future.

# But it is too early to worry over it. You should not be much concern over it.

# It is the childhood stage of your kid. Let him enjoy his childhood. As the stage of childhood never comes back.

# At this initial stage you should focus on only following things:

* Make a time schedule (time table) for your kid as when to study, when to play, when to sleep, when to watch TV.
* Encourage your kid in the participation of extra-curricular activities.
* Let your kid to fulfil his hobbies such as painting, drawing etc.
* Give your kid the books regarding science fiction.
* You can encourage your kid to take interest in watching science related TV channels such as Discovery, History TV, Animal Planet.
30th November 2015, 07:56 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

A long way to go for preparation of exam for Indian Institute of Technology. Its good that being attentive parent, you are worried about your ward preparation. But it is too early for preparation. At this level, you must focus that he/she develops interests in Mathematics and Science as these two subjects are very much necessary for IIT preparation.

Basic fundamental concept of Science and Mathematics play a vital role after 10th level for IIT entrance exam preparation. However it is also advisable that you must ask your ward in which field he/she want to make career instead of imposing your own wish.
30th November 2015, 09:55 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Its good to see that you are planning for your kid to get admission in IIT. Its not a difficult task if one study with full dedications. My suggestion to you is that you should admit your kid in CBSE school because they have designed their syllabus as per the competitive exams. Make a habit of solving previous JEE main papers. For your knowledge i want to tell you that you have to crack JEE advance exam for getting admission in IIT after 12th class.
30th November 2015, 10:44 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

It will be very early for any student to start preparation of IIT entrance examination but also very good that parents are conses about the education of their children.
At this stage, students must be free to study the syllabus followed by board which is of the same standard as prescribed by CBSE board as syllabus of all engineering entrance examination is related to the syllabus of CBSE as at this stage children must not given extra burden of studying which will hamper their progress.
Parents should care about students so that they spend time in studying as well as in outdoor games which is very important for children to be mentally healthy.
Students should taught in such a way that they are always eager to know about new things in order to keep old one in mind too.

From 8th standard onward, students should start to study more than their syllabus and should continue it with managing it to school syllabus so that to score good grades which is necessary for boost in preparation.
6th January 2018, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

You are very late for this... kids have already started in class 1. For the kids wanting to go to AIIMS, they have started studying in the womb itself.

Just leave the kid alone to figure out what he wants to do, IIT is not the be all and end all of life.
6th January 2018, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

Oh you are very late, did'nt you know that kids have already started in Grade 1.... and those studying for AIIMS have started in the womb itself....

Leave the kid alone and let him figure out... IIT is not the be all and end all of life !
7th March 2018, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

My name is kirti, my son is in 5th standard. He want to be a I AS officer in future, how to prepare him and suggest me about his books that I can provide him for his success.
9th March 2018, 05:50 PM
Ankitt lamba

Still no need to worry.10-12TH class lay foundation of iit. Still what you have to do is that try to enhance his interest in science. Surely he will perform well in exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?