29th August 2012, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

How to pursue Mass Communication in Journalism?

I have done my BBA with 70 % in 2010 after dat i started preparing for mba n got call frm IBS hyderabad but my keen interest in mass communication in journalism so kindly guide how to prepare for it and also top ten colleges for dis course....

Related Questions:
11th July 2013, 07:33 PM
umeaskarthick

Thumbs up Re: How to pursue Mass Communication in Journalism?

this is posted by umeaskarthickk.....
hello..........

f you are Pursuing your Master degree course in Mass Communication and Journalism then you are eligible for NET Examination.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and this examination is Conducted by UGC, Twice in a year and the examination is Conducted in June and December Every year

~~ Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for NET Examination

~~ To apply for NET Examination you have to complete your Post graduate degree course from a Recognised University

~~ And you have to scored minimum 55% Marks in your Post graduation

Those who are Interested May apply for this Year June NET Examination.

The Notification of June NET will be Published soon in the month of April 2012, Eligible candidates may fill the application form Online Only

The examination fees of NET is Rs 450 and you have to pay the fees through Challan form in SBI Bank

~~ NET have changes the examination pattern and New changes is applicable from June 2012, From this year all the papers in NET is Objective, There is No descriptive papers and No negative Marking.

So, when you are Pursuing your Final year Post graduate degree course then you are eligible for NET Examination and for more information check official website :
upsc.gov.in

Next NET exams would be conducted in June 2013
You can fill the forms in March 2013 through the website www.ugcnetonline.in

Fees for the NET exams can be depoited in the SBI bank
After filling the form online ,take printoput and deposit the forms in the Co-ordinating university in which you have opted the exam centre.

Eligibilty to apply for the NET exams is:
Post Graduation pass with minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation for the General and OBC candidates
Minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates

Dear Friend

The acronym NET stands for the National Eligibility Test.In order to give this examination you have to fulfill certain requirement which are listed as below:

You should have done your post graduation or in final year of master's degree in any stream of your choice from a UGC recognized university.

The % of marks in post graduation should not be less than 55 .5% of relaxation in marks of SC/ST and OBC.

So friend,if you will pass your master's degree in mass communication and journalism with at least 55 % of marks in it then definitely you will be eligible for this exam.

This examination is conducted twice every year ,one in the month of june and other in the month of december by the UGC for the following posts:

1.Junior research fellowship:

2.Lectureship

The minimum age limit for NET exam is 21 years and the upper age limit for JRF is 28 years and for lectureship there is no upper age limit.

For any further details regarding this exam,please visit www.ugc.ac.in

Hope the information helps you.

all the best

Hai,

NET-National Eligibility Test.

NET exam is conducted two times in a year by University Grants Commission. Details about NET exam is given below.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate should be complete Master's graduation with atleast 55%of marks from a recognised university.

For the candidates who belongs to SC/ST category has 5%of marks relaxation.

Candidate should be an INDIAN origin.

Final year persuing candidates can also be eligible for NET exam.

Age criteria details:-

For Junior Research Fellowship the age limits are there is no minimum age limit but the maximum age limit is 28 years.

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates,

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

For Lectureship there is no age limit to appear this exam you can appear at any age, but the minimum age would be atleast 19 years.

all the best.........
14th October 2013, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to pursue Mass Communication in Journalism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done my BBA with 70 % in 2010 after dat i started preparing for mba n got call frm IBS hyderabad but my keen interest in mass communication in journalism so kindly guide how to prepare for it and also top ten colleges for dis course....
Students aspiring for journalism and mass communication course, should read: Media Hive's Journalism & Mass Communication Entrance Exam e-Guide (Rs 100; PDF format) and "Nuances of Journalistic Writings" By Raza Elahi (hardcopy; discounted price Rs 126). Order at [email protected] or visit http://www.mediahive.co.in/buybook.html. students taking test of IIMC, ACJ, JAMIA MASS COMM, AMU, DU C-JET, Symbiosis, Xaviers etc must read these two books

You can also read How to Become a Good Journalist , by Raza Elahi
This book is available on flipkart.com at Rs 155 as well as other
leading bookstores
http://www.flipkart.com/become-good-journalist-01/p/itmdytnq7hjyjuf2?pid=9788126910250&affid=mediahive 1
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?