14th May 2015, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

How is the scope of Microbiology in India?

I am the student from vellore I have interest in microbiology so I want to know that course have a scope if I chose that what are the jobs I will get

14th May 2015, 11:23 PM
charitchaitra

Default Re: How is the scope of Microbiology in India?

Microbiology has tremendous scope and a very bright future. Students who are pursuing their career as a Microbiologist, golden opportunities await for you. Some of the best scientific research jobs are in available in the field of Microbiology.

One such branch of science is microbiology which has made many imaginations a reality. The innovations in this field has given the ability to human being to see tiny invisible organisms of unbelievable size less than 0.2 micron or even less and to study every detail of it. The scope of microbiology is immense due to its ability to control all critical points of many fields like Medical, Diary, Pharmaceutical, Industrial, Clinical, research, water industry, agriculture, nanotechnology, chemical etc.
15th May 2015, 12:35 AM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: How is the scope of Microbiology in India?

Microbiology is a very good stream for the battery career opportunities as in our country scope in this field is so wide that it's professionals are rarely found and due to increasing in the growth of this sector companies recruit more professional of the field because for creating new ideas and research we require a professional because a nominal worker can't do it and companies you can join in this sector are -

Coca cola

Pepsi

Bikano

Britenia

Parle G

Sunfeast

Diamond

Bikaji

Cadbury dairy chocolate

Vita

Mother dairy

Kitkat
15th May 2015, 01:26 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: How is the scope of Microbiology in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am the student from vellore I have interest in microbiology so I want to know that course have a scope if I chose that what are the jobs I will get
Microbiology is to be done in three levels like under graduate level, then Post graduate level and then lastly its PhD. As you are interested in microbiology subject, students pursing UG in microbiology work at various pathology labs and science laboratories. After completing PG level in Microbiology you can find work in various microbiology based industries in India like Pharmaceutical, dairy, distilleries, enzyme, breweries and more. If still you are not satisfied with the work and want to research in this field more you can go for PhD at various universities of India. There are various funding agencies which provide Doctoral research with Good fellowship and Contingency grants like CSIR, DST, UGC, ICMR and more.

With emerging specializations of microbiology like immunology, virology, medical microbiology, food and dairy microbiology, bacteriology and the vast option of choosing different levels in India, micro specialization has an increase in demand, which implies fresher’s and the experienced ones have more scope in India and also globally.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?