14th June 2012, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

How should I prepare for AIIMS PG entrance exam? I am a first year MBBS student

i am a first year mbbs student n i wd like to do my pg in aiims. how shd i prepare fr d entrance exam.

7th September 2013, 09:13 PM
kamal1106

Default Re: How should I prepare for AIIMS PG entrance exam? I am a first year MBBS student

Congrats. You have decided to take the next step in your career.
As you plan to jump into PG prep mode it's worthwhile to look at some hard facts that might be helpful for most people.

Fact No: 1 'Indian post graduate medical entrances are not designed to test your knowledge' but to eliminate thousands of aspirants and thereby select a very few. Keep this point in mind. This is the most important fact.

step 2:- The most important differentiator is the effort you put into your entrance exam preparation. Yeah, plain old hardwork.

step3:- AIIMS examiners are prone to ask repeat questions. The percentage of repeat questions vary but it is safe to say it is generally in the range of 10-20% in major exams and upto 40% in some state exams.

step 4:- The more you attempt the better. Attempting atleast 200 questions daily and regularly is the easiest way to get top ranks. Attempting questions adds necessary knowledge, refreshes memory and corrects previously retained incorrect concepts and facts. www.emedicinlive.net is designed in such a way to help students learn easily. Make use of the resources provided in your aspiration to become the top rank holder.

step5:- Focus and concentration.
A person however talented he may be, can't really do multiple things and deliver a quality outcome in everything. If you have decided to get a PG position, then it's your first priority and anything that takes your attention away from that goal is likely to affect your preparation.

step6:- eMedicineLive.NET can help you.
eMedicineLive is designed to help optimize your preparation and assess you every single day RELATIVE to other test takers around the country. Again it's not about how much you know in medicine rather how well you can answer the question COMPARED to OTHER TEST TAKERS.

remember these facts and u will surely top the exams
hope this info will help u
best of luck
29th September 2013, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How should I prepare for AIIMS PG entrance exam? I am a first year MBBS student

what are the books to read to get a good concept?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?