4th January 2012, 12:07 AM
saurabhpandey.mbbs

How should I prepare for civil services in the final year of my MBBS course? Do I need to move to Delhi or stay in Raipur itself?

hi,i'am mbbs final year student from raipur(c.g.),i want to prepare for upsc exam,,,how should i approach and should i take transfer in my internship to delhi like city for coaching or do internship from raipur???please suggest

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for Civil services exam for final year M.Sc student?
  2. What should I choose between civil services and M.Tech after completing B.Tech in CSE?
  3. Study material for preparation for GATE exam? Any free online test series?
  4. How to prepare for Civil Services Exam?
  5. Which types of books should be referred for Maths in IAS exam?
  6. How to request for change in exam centre of GATE?
  7. What should I do to prepare for Civil Services Exam along with my studies being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B-Pharmacy? How to prepare for General Knowledge, Current Affairs and other topics for Civil Services Exam?
  8. How should I prepare for Civil services exam? Books to be referred?
  9. How to prepare for civil service exam? I am doing first year B.E ECE
  10. Eligiblity criteria for IFS examination after four year B.Sc.(H) course in Biotechnology?
  11. How can I prepare for Civil Services? What is the procedure to prepare?
  12. What should be the minimum marks I should score to get MBBS seat in Raipur under ST category?
  13. How should I prepare for Civil Services exams like IAS,UPPCS exams? What are the list of subjects from which I can choose? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How to prepare for civil services exam while doing 1st year? Qualifications required for the exam?
  15. Eligibility for Civil services exam? Am I eligible for Civil services exam having 2 years of education gap? -- [New]
  16. Can I prepare for civil services exam after doing engineering first year?
  17. How to prepare for Civil Services Exam pursuing my B.Tech 2nd year?
  18. What field we need to apply for in Graduation to take up Civil Services job?
14th September 2012, 09:52 PM
MOUSE92

Default Re: How should I prepare for civil services in the final year of my MBBS course? Do I need to move to Delhi or stay in Raipur itself?

dear,

CIVIL SERVICES EXAM:

education qualification:

--10th pass

--12th pass with any field

--graduation from any field

AGE LIMIT:
general:21 to 30 years

obc:21 to 33 yrs

sc/st: 21 to 35 yrs

Number of attempts:

general:4

obc:7

sc/st: no limit

exam procedure:

prelim exam

main exam

interview

tips:

go through syllabus first

then make a time table which is followable

solve questions as much as possible

you should make good notes

study from good study materials

study daily news paper

novels

motivate your self

good luck
15th September 2012, 05:16 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare for civil services in the final year of my MBBS course? Do I need to move to Delhi or stay in Raipur itself?

I am surprised to see that a MBBS student is looking to appear for Civil Service Exam. It is generally not the case, neither it is adviced. I mean what is the point of doing MBBS if you wanted to join IAS or IPS.

You could have done that with any graduation course. Therefore I would ask you to consider this decision once again before applying for the Civil Service Examination. I think its better if you stick to the medical field rather than going for Civil Service Examination.

Anyway if you have made up the mind then I would say that it is not necessary to come to Delhi. There are thousands of students who prepare for the Civil Service Exam on their own and manages to do well. However I always recommend taking coaching classes. I believe there would be good coaching classes available in Raipur to help you prepare for the Civil Service Examination.

If you have checked it out and could not find any good coaching center then it makes sense to move to other city which could be Delhi. However only do so if you can not prepare for the exam on your own. Anyway there is no harm in completing your internship in Delhi. There surely are good coaching centers that would help you prepare for the Civil Service Examination.

To prepare on your own, you would have to give yourself at least 6-8 months. During this period, give a certain number of hours everyday to prepare for Civil Service Exam. You would also have to download the previous years question papers. After every few days, you should take a mock test or try to solve a question paper to see where you need to put more effort.

However before you do any of that make sure that you meet all the requirements of appearing for Civil Service Examination. There are some physical requirements that are essential to meet by every candidate. Below are all the requirements.

Eligibility

1. Candidate should be Indian.

2. A graduation degree in any stream from recognized college.

3. Age limit for Civil Service Exam is 21 to 30 years.

4. Although there is 3 years relaxation in upper age limit for OBC.

5. SC/ST are also eligible for 5 years relaxation in upper age limit.

Physical Requirements

Height:

1. Male - 165 cm (General) and 160 cm (ST)

2. Female - 150 cm (General) and 145 cm (ST)

Chest:

1. Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm

2. Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm

Eyes:

1. 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye

2. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye

3. No color blindness or night blindness

Note: Female candidate should not be pregnant at the time of medical test.
5th February 2016, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

Sir/Madam, I'm a final year MBBS student. I wanted to become an IAS. How may I start preparation at my home. My dream is to crack civils in the first attempt
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?