2nd July 2013, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam? I have done M.Phil recently

I had done mphil recently in mathematics.now I want to prepare for ias entrance exam. So plz help me to become success in my aim. Also tell me some beeks and websites which may helpme lot.

2nd July 2013, 06:17 AM
Neerajtiwari779

Default Re: How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam? I have done M.Phil recently

~~~Preperation of IAS Exam~~~

IAS exam is a civil service exam held by UPSC. There is a vast portion to be studied in order to crack entrence test. Folowinge are some areas you have to work on.
1 General Knoledge.
2 Aptitude.
3 Logical reasoning.
4 Numerical ability.
5 Langwage.
6 Latest who's who.
7 History.
10 Curent economic sinerow.
11 Interview skills.

All of the above can be achived by reading News papers, year book etc.
2nd July 2013, 02:05 PM
Bala.c.e

Default Re: How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam? I have done M.Phil recently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I had done mphil recently in mathematics.now I want to prepare for ias entrance exam. So plz help me to become success in my aim. Also tell me some beeks and websites which may helpme lot.
Mostly the IAS exams are conducted by the union public service commission, which is the three step process, Preliminary exams : where the two set of exams are conducted, one is general studies contains 150 objective questions and other is aptitude level both the exams have 2 hours time to write.
Under general studies:
1. Constitution of India
2. Current Affairs
3. Economics
4. Geography
5. History
6. Science
Some of the general books for this exams are: India’s Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra, Local Government in India Central administration in India by A. Avasthi, Civil Services in India: Indian administration - S.R. Maheswari, State, General Studies Manual by Tata McGraw Hill
You have to update yourself by studying magazines, newspapers, new journals and any other new source. Kindly know about economic, political, international affairs and current affairs, reasoning facts and follow standard books to clear the exam very easily.
Regards..
19th October 2014, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

sir is it possible to do m.phil and preparation of ias at the same time . as i am26 year old general. and there are talks about reducing age so plz advice me i am thinking to quit m.phil as i am a fresher n domt know how much i hv to study and in mphil i hv to attend daily classes . reha
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?