7th January 2012, 09:25 AM
subhransu lipu

How should the preparation be carried for IIT JAM exam? Reference books for IIT JAM Physics Hons?What is the syllabus for IIT JAM?

Hiiiiiii.....i want to know all about iitjam ...i m doing b.sc with phy hons .i want know how my preparation shoud b foriitjam and what are the refference book for iitjam phy hons....and the syllabus for iitjam..of phy hons

Related Questions:
  1. Reference books for IIT JAM physics exam? Best coaching centres for IIT JAM Physics? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Reference books as per syllabus including solved question papers of previous year for IIT-JAM(Physics)?
  3. Eligibility to appear in IIT-JAM(MCA) for BCA(IGNOU) 3rd year student who have secured 58% in 12th and 56% in 10th? Do I have to face interview in IIT-JAM? Syllabus and books for preparation of IIT-JAM(MCA)?
  4. Scope, syllabus and eligibility for IIT JAM 2016?
  5. IIT JAM 2016 reference books for Biological Sciences
  6. IIT JAM 2016 reference books for Biological Science
  7. How can I prepare to crack IIT-JAM? Total expenses to study M.Sc(Physics) in IIT? -- [New]
  8. How should I prepare for IIT JAM in Physics?
  9. How many questions to be answered so as to get selected for MCA in IIT JAM in general category?
  10. Eligibility criteria, syllabus, reference books and previous year question papers of IIT-JAM?
  11. Which books should I follow for IIT JAM exam for MCA? Can I get admission in any IITs in India if I am able qualify for IIT JAM? From where to get the forms? Is private tuition necessary?
  12. Guidance and suitable books for the preparation of IIT-JAM?
  13. Which books to prepare for IIT-JAM in Physics?
  14. Best coaching center in West Bengal for IIT JAM in Chemistry? Books for preparation?
  15. How to prepare for IIT-JAM Exam? Previous year Question Papers to prepare for this Exam to join MCA course?
  16. Which books are to be referred for JAM IIT MCA entrance preparation
  17. Will I be able to crack IIT-JAM through self preparation? Coaching classes for the preparation of IIT-JAM?
  18. Online coaching classes and suitable books for preparation of IIT-JAM(Biotechnology)?
7th January 2012, 02:20 PM
united india

Default Re: How should the preparation be carried for IIT JAM exam? Reference books for IIT JAM Physics Hons?What is the syllabus for IIT JAM?

Joint Admission Test to M.Sc. is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technologies – IITs for admission to Master of Science ( M.Sc.), Master of Computer Application (MCA) and other post–B.Sc. programmes offered at the various departments of 7 different Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).

Syllabus for IIT JAM
The syllabus of exam for various specializations will be different. The syllabus of various specializations is as follows.

Biotechnology
  • Biology (10+2+3 level)
  • Chemistry (10+2+3 level)
  • Mathematics (10+2 level)
  • Physics (10+2 level)
Chemistry
  1. Physical Chemistry
  2. Basic Mathematical Concepts
  3. Organic Chemistry
  4. Inorganic Chemistry
Computer Applications
  • Computer Awareness
  • Analytical Ability and General Awareness
Geology
  • Geomorphology
  • Structural Geology
  • Economic Geology
  • Applied Geology
Geophysics
  • Geology
  • Mathematics
  • Physics
Mathematics
  • Sequences, Series and Differential Calculus
  • Integral Calculus
  • Differential Equations
  • Vector Calculus
  • Group Theory
Mathematical Statistics
  • Mathematics
  • Statistics
Physics
  • Mathematical Methods
  • Mechanics
  • Modern Physics
Question pattern
The questions for Biotechnology (BT) and Computer Applications (CA) test papers will be fully objective type. All other test papers will be objective-cum-subjective type.

Eligibility Criteria (For admission to IITs)
At least 55% aggregate marks in graduation.

Books for preparation
>>IIT-JAM Joint Admission Test for MCA (Computer Application) Previous Papers
Ramesh Publishing House Books

>>IIT-JAM Joint Addmission Test For M.Sc. (Physics) Previous Papers (Solved) and Practice Test Papers (Solved)

IIT-JAM Joint Addmission Test For M.Sc. Mathematics Previous Papers (Solved) 2005-2010 and Practice Test Papers (Solved)

>>IIT-JAM Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. Biotechnology (BT) & Computer Applications (CA) Previous Years Solved (2005-2009) & Practice Test Papers

Please find the different sample questions papers.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf JAM-1.pdf(204.2 KB, 561 views)
File Type: pdf JAM-2.pdf(151.4 KB, 350 views)
File Type: pdf JAM-3.pdf(126.5 KB, 346 views)
File Type: pdf JAM-4.pdf(979.8 KB, 382 views)
7th January 2012, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How should the preparation be carried for IIT JAM exam? Reference books for IIT JAM Physics Hons?What is the syllabus for IIT JAM?

what is IIT JAM
25th May 2012, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

how can i get a tickit to iit?
30th April 2013, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

Hi i'm doing my Bsc with Physic honours and my subject combination is PCM and i'm confuse. For the JAM exam, my paper will be based on physic only or mathematic and chemistry will also be included?
28th June 2013, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

i m a bsc second year student . what should be my preparation for the entarance exam for physics?
5th October 2013, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

the best coaching in varanasi for J.A.M in physics.
2nd August 2014, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

In which subject can i get admission for m.sc in IIT after completing b.sc in physics honours?....plz tell me
10th May 2015, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of BSC-1 physics honour.I want complete informatin about syllabus of iit jam related to physics honour.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?