24th October 2017, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

How to study software engineering after studying commerce without maths?

Hello Sir, my name Asmiya. I am student of stream commerce and I hadn't taken the subject maths and computers, so can I do software engineering after 2 and which course which I have for software engineering.

24th October 2017, 07:52 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to study software engineering after studying commerce without maths?

To be eligible to study Software Engineering course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a Government recognised board. Admissions in Software Engineering course are done through entrance examination conducted by the respective state entrance examinations board/ college/ university. Since, you have not studied Mathematics subject in your 12th standard, you are not eligible to pursue Software Engineering course.
24th October 2017, 10:03 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to study software engineering after studying commerce without maths?

First thing I would like to let you know that for pursuing engineering degree course i.e; Bachelor of Engineering/Technology in order to become an engineer in any trade you need to have at least completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects with at least 45% marks from a recognized board.

Now as you have mentioned that you have completed your Class 12th with Commerce stream without Mathematics so it is quite evident from the above fact that you can not pursue B.E./B.Tech to become an engineer.
24th October 2017, 10:04 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

You are not eligible to become a software engineer.
To become a software engineer a candidate must be 12th passed with physics chemistry and mathematics as the main subjects.
A candidate must have minimum 60% marks in class 12th.
A candidate need to crack entrance exam for getting admission in engineering.

If you want to become a software engineer than you have to repeat class 12th with physics chemistry and mathematics as the main subjects.
24th October 2017, 10:30 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that candidate who has completed 12th standard with commerce stream cannot join engineering course because to become an engineer a candidate must have completed 12th standard with physics, chemistry and mathematics from a recognised board with minimum 60% marks.
Being a Commerce student you cannot become an engineer.
24th October 2017, 11:04 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Aspirants who have done their 12th standard with commerce stream cannot join any engineering course as per the eligibility criteria because minimum qualification required to join software engineering is 12th standard with PCM from a recognised board helps you are a Commerce students were not eligible to apply for software engineering.
25th October 2017, 12:58 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in software engineering course. The required minimum qualification to get admission in course is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper.

So, candidates passed 12th with commerce stream are not eligible to get admission in software engineering course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?