13th December 2011, 08:31 AM

How to take admission for 3rd year of Engineering being a candidate of 4th year in Diploma in Engineering?

i am now fourth year diploma engg. student i want take admission in direct third year engineering is there any process for this in mumbai

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to get admission for TET in 3rd year Engineering after completion of diploma course?
  2. Can I get admission in 3rd year of engineering after completing 2 years of diploma course?
  3. What should I do further after completing my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course?
  4. How to take admission in direct 3rd year degree after completing diploma 3rd year
  5. How much is the minimum percentage required to get admission in 2nd year of engineering in Information Technology? Am I eligible admission in MIT after scoring 85% in 3rd year diploma?
  6. Is it true that after completion of diploma course we can get direct admission to 3rd year in Engineering?
  7. Can I get Direct admission in B.Tech 2nd year if score good marks in first 2 years of Diploma in Electronics Engineering and escape 3rd year?
  8. Is it true that we can do 3rd year directly in Engineering after completion of diploma course?
  9. Can I get admission in B.E aeronautical engineering after diploma in mechanical engineering
  10. Can I apply for IFS in 4th year after passing 3rd year engineering?
  11. List of shortlisted candidates securing admission in 2nd year of B.Tech at Walchand College of Engineering, Sangli for Diploma in Engineering candidate?
  12. Should I apply for job while in 3rd year of engineering or 4th year?
  13. How to study Architectural engineering after completion of my diploma? I am studying diploma in civil engineering 3rd year
  14. Can I appear for GATE in 2nd year engineering just to get some idea? How often does GATE Syllabus change? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Detailed information and specializations available to study in Polytechnic course?
  16. Can i join Diploma course in Chemical Engineering after passing 12th from Commerce side? -- [New]
  17. Can I get admission in direct 3rd year engineering after completing 12th HSC science?
  18. What is the cutoff list of direct 2nd year admission? I am a diploma mechanical engineering 3rd year student
19th January 2012, 12:46 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to take admission for 3rd year of Engineering being a candidate of 4th year in Diploma in Engineering?

It is not possible to take admission in 3rd year of Engineering being a candidate of 4th year in Diploma in Engineering. To get admission for engineering course in any UGC- University Grants Commission, DEC- Distance Education Council, and AICTE- All India Council for Technical Education approved institution there is an entrance exam and a candidate needs to clear it to get admission. You cannot simply get admission in the final year of engineering on the basis of diploma qualification.
9th July 2012, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to take admission for 3rd year of Engineering being a candidate of 4th year in Diploma in Engineering?

i get the addmission for 2nd year in entc branch but now in 3rd year i want to change college , is this possible to change college if yest ,
13th January 2013, 09:43 AM
Unregistered

which are the requirements for direct 3rd year engineering admission...after complete diploma
9th June 2013, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

How can i get admission in direct third year engg,i have complete my diploma of three years,is it possible.
10th June 2013, 09:21 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

There is no process anywhere in India that can get you admission in the third year of Bachelor of Technology course. Being a diploma student, you can take admission in the second year of B.Tech not third.

The Lateral Entry Scheme which is offered to the diploma holders is at best going to allow admission in the second year of Bachelor of Technology course to you. That is your best option since direct third year admission is not possible in India.

Lateral Entry Scheme is valid in every state and most college with exception of Indian Institutes of Technology and the National Institutes of Technology. No such issue with any other college will emerge.

In fact most colleges actually reserves some seats for the Lateral Entry students. It ranges between 5 to 15 percent of the total Engineering seats in the college. The procedure of claiming these seats is different for each college.

There are colleges who will ask you to simply appear for the entrance exam like JEE. And based on the score/ranking they may offer you direct admission. Other colleges will offer direct admission based on your performance in the diploma course. If you have scored anywhere above 70 percent, it becomes possible to get direct admission. But such colleges are very few.

The most common procedure is to appear for Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET) which is conducted in various states across the country. Some states have other entrance exams in place of LEET.

LEET Eligibility

1. Must have diploma from recognized college by AICTE.

2. Minimum of 60 percent marks in it.

You can get direct admission by clearing the Lateral Entry Engineering Test. Other exams of similar nature may have different criteria. Some may only require 50 percent marks in diploma to appear for the exam.
16th September 2013, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

i am student of 2nd mechanical engineering in hbti.may i change collge as iit
9th October 2013, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

which is the final & last option to take addmission in 3rd year degree engineering after diploma & 12th science.
13th February 2014, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

i am in 3rd year engineering, and i was detain by my collage because of my poor performance and my collage does not want me so longer. but i want to complete my engineering in any condition in any collage. so can i get admission in other engineering collage in 3rd year? and which collages are taking this type of admissions in Gujarat.?
please give me answer as quick as possible, because i'm in very big trouble.
28th August 2014, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

i am in 3rd year engineering, and i was detain by
my collage because of my poor performance and
my collage does not want me so longer. but i
want to complete my engineering in any condition
in any collage. so can i get admission in other
engineering collage in 3rd year? and which
collages are taking this type of admissions in
Gujarat.?
please give me answer as quick as possible,
because i'm in very big trouble.
2nd September 2014, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

I am going through an year back... If there is any possibility.in getting admission in third year. So tht my career doesn't spoil so please let me know. Contact num 8755200578. With in 2 days..
25th May 2015, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

hello

I m a BE ELECTRICAL engg. ..I want to take admission in ciwil engg. ()department ..
6th May 2016, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

How to get myself transferred to any other college from an autonomous college. I am going to write 4th sem exams.all papers cleared upto 3rd sem with cave of 7.90?
6th July 2017, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

I am direct second year diploma mechanical engineering student and i have drop for 2 year ,so can i get admission for third year in any other collage.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?