15th June 2013, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

How to take admission in IIT Kharagpur?

is it necessary to qualifyjee advanced to get admission in iit kharagpur n roorkee architect branch

15th June 2013, 08:18 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to take admission in IIT Kharagpur?

IIT stands for Indian Institutes of Technology. It is considered as the best Engineering colleges in the country. To get admission for IIT earlier there used to be entrance exam called IIT-JEE.

But it was replaced this year with a new entrance exam. First it was named ISEET but later government decided to call in Joint Entrance Exam (JEE).

The Joint Entrance Exam not only replaced the IIT-JEE but AIEEE as well. The government believe that there should be one common entrance exam instead of two.

Joint Entrance Exam has two stages:

JEE Mains

JEE Advanced

The JEE Mains is the replacement of AIEEE and it is conducted for 15% All India Engineering Seats. After clearing Mains you can apply in colleges like National Institutes of Technology.

Those who want admission for any under graduation course in Indian Institutes of Technology will have to appear for the JEE Advanced. To appear for JEE Advanced you will have to first clear the JEE Mains.

This procedure is also required for the candidates who are planning to take admission for B.Arch course from IITs. You will have to complete JEE Advanced which will be followed by Architecture Aptitude Test.

JEE Eligibility

1. You should have passed 12th with PCM.

2. 3 or 4 years diploma from AICTE recognized college.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. The age of candidate should be less than 25 years to apply.

5. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

6. You will first appear for the JEE Mains

7. Only the top 150,000 will go ahead to appear for JEE Advanced.

8. In the end you will appear for Architecture Aptitude Test for B.Arch

9. There are 3 consecutive attempts per candidate.
16th June 2013, 12:03 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

IIT means Indian Institute of Technology and it is one of the finest college for engineering course in our country . To get admission for IIT then you need to crack the IIT JEE Entrance examination . IIT JEE examination was replaced with a new entrance examination.It is called JEE (Joint Entrance Examination).

JEE Exam has two levels ::
  • JEE Mains
  • JEE Advanced

Eligibility Criteria for JEE ::
  • You need to completed Intermediate with science stream from a recognized Institution .
  • Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects to apply for JEE Examination.
  • Upper age limits is applicable .
  • Final year of 12th examination may also eligible to apply .
  • There are three consecutive attempts for JEE Main.
21st November 2013, 10:22 AM
Unregistered

i am bangladeshi. now i want to get admit in here. so now what can i do?please say the admission process of iit of kharagpur or any other engineering university in india.
7th May 2014, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

i have not cleared jee mains paper 1 but expecting above 200 in jee mains paper 2 . Can i get admission in iit kharagpur for b arch????
18th May 2014, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

I have done 12th from open school,so is iam elligeble to fill IIT form or not please help. would like to hear soonest. thankyou.
3rd July 2014, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

To get admission in IIT Kharagpur , how many rank required in Jeemain advance ?
4th July 2014, 12:40 PM
rakesh_batra
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To get admission in IIT Kharagpur , how many rank required in Jeemain advance ?
You need to score really high in JEE exam (mains + advance) for admission into IIT and it also depends upon cut-off rank at that time. And if, in case, you are unable to make it; then there are other better universities, which you could look for admission; like: JNU, Jamia Millia, BITS, Lovely Professional University, DU; which also provide quality education and if you have got good percentage in qualifying exam, then some of these universities also give scholarship (based on percentage in qualifying exam). For more details regarding eligibility criteria, also go-through their website.
9th May 2015, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

i am pass iti trade carpenter,& pass Inistructor traning course on carpenter trade,from ATI KOLKATA ,DASNAGER HOWRAH.my hobi is high rank post on my trade.so pls help me next i have doing.my age is 21 Years.do u admission iit khargpur?????????????
13th September 2015, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

I want to take admission at best software engineering collage. So which college i best and which exam I've to crack???plz tell me
19th December 2015, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

I am Gaurav singh rathore i want to know that can i take addmission in iit khadagpur after pass 12th class
21st June 2016, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

My name is Eswar kumar.I am studying diploma 3rd year civil.I want to join in iit Kharagpur.Can I take admission in iit .If you konw please tell me the procedure to enter in to iit .
13th August 2016, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

I'm currently in 10th. My only goal from now is iit-kharagpur. How should I prepare myself from now?? Which books should I read??
2nd August 2017, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

I am currently in 1st year .my only goal from now is ITT kharagpur. How should prepare my self from now ?? Which books should I read and makes required in first year??
16th June 2018, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am a diploma student after 10th.I don't have any certificate of 12th. So now I want to do b.tech in IIT. But I haven't done 11th and 12th. Direct took admission in diploma. Can I get IIT?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?