15th July 2011, 02:22 AM
Unregistered

How true is that Learning is better than Experience?

Evey one says that learning is better. How true is that learning is better through experience

Related Questions:
  1. Is it true that M.Tech is not useful for career? Should I go for a job instead and get some experience?
  2. Job in infosys, HCL etc after BCA from distance learning without any work experience?
  3. What is the basic purpose of training? Which course should a 4th Sem ECE student choose?
  4. Should I join Diploma in Hotel Management for getting job in Abroad if completed 12th?
  5. Is work experience mandatory to appear in GRE?
  6. Are the BITS Pilani courses like MS In Manufacturing Management, Software System, Quality Management and Consultance Management approved by AICTE?
  7. Can I apply for CTS without experience certificate
  8. Can I get a Diploma certificate without learning in any institute having 15 years of work experience?
  9. List of distance learning colleges after 12th?
  10. How to do B.Ed distance learning? What is the eligibility criteria?
  11. How to do B.Ed in distance learning?
  12. iibs college in noida? is it a good college? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I become a Professor after studying Distance M.Tech and having 6.5 years and counting job experience? List of institutes offering distance M.Tech in India? -- [New]
  14. Minimum salary after graduation from SMU Distance Learning? Is SMU distance learning a good institute to pursue graduation and PG?
  15. Fee and duration for CA course? How to gain practical experience?
  16. Is it true that M.Tech computer science is not in demand these days? Is it better to do M.Tech CS after B.Tech? Should I go for learning various programming languages?
  17. What are the career options for me after doing MSc Bio chemistry with 3 years learning experience and SAS course?
  18. How to do 1 year B.Ed course in Distance Learning after completion of MBA in Finance and with 3 years of work Experience?
15th July 2011, 11:43 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How true is that Learning is better than Experience?

learning is important through experience but only learning is not better than experience.

actually first thing is you should learn something to gain experience. you should have basic knowledge on that field then only you will be able to gain experience. so learning is required.

but after a certain period only learning is not sufficient. then obviously you should gain some experience. you should work in your field you should do some practical job. in practical job you will find out so many difficulties which are not included in learning. you will learn how to come out from all difficulties if you have only practical experience.

if we think about educational system then i will say till graduation learning is important. but after graduation you should continue learning and experience at a time. you will learning from your work and it will increase your experience. you may go for higher study like master degree but also you should think about practical aspect of your field.

so learning and experience must be in parallel line. you should learn through experience.
15th July 2011, 12:38 PM
raja badam

Dear Friend,

You ask a great question,Really so many members do not know about this one.

My answer is Experience and Learning both are need for human beings.

Because Learning is primary tool for to do any thing.

I give a one example for you that is as follows.If you learnt A,B,C,D..these are alphabet
If you learn alphabet and some words like apples etc you learnt in child wood.After that you got experience in First,Second and Third Standards etc. You got a Experience about These words were we use etc. Now you can write so many Essays in English.

Learning Leads to Experience.

If we can not learn, we can not get any experience..

All the best for you..
15th July 2011, 05:22 PM
Sagar Keshari

learning which gives you the experiences . learning is required for degree and then that little learning will give you the experiences to do work and as you progress you learn experiences and increase your knowledge. today degree is not seen the only thing seen is experiences.
15th July 2011, 08:11 PM
Bssaini
Junior Member+

Both learning and experience important in life.
when you learn more and more about any particular thing then you get more and more experience of it.
So you cant ignore anything.
Just try to learn things and will gain experience automatically..
15th July 2011, 08:41 PM
Simmi Katiyar

Learning and experience both are completeness of each other .If you are saying that learning is better than experience, you are not wrong but you are not right also because without learning you will get only failure stories and never success stories of any field of life and without experience you can't get the success mantra of any field or we can say you can't be perfect in that field of life.
If you learnt some working course then you will get the job as fresher but after some experience in that job your skill used to go higher and higher and you will get a better and then the best job according to your working experience with a higher amount of salary and your personal value will also go on increasing accordingly.
So in my point of view learning is essential to become a good experienceholder and experience is essential to learn some high funda of that particular work. Both are necessities of each other.
15th July 2011, 09:41 PM
Vikas Abhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Evey one says that learning is better. How true is that learning is better through experience
It is not always true that learning is better than experience.
Experience can solve many difficulties which only learning can't do.
Learning and experience can create wonders if they come together.
For example-You can see that company generally gives more salary to engineers having 5-6 years rather than a candidate from IIT or NIT.
So,you first go for learning and then experience.
15th July 2011, 10:58 PM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Hi,

In my openion Learning is better than Experience.

but after a certain period only learning is not sufficient. then obviously you should gain some experience. you should work in your field you should do some practical job. in practical job you will find out so many difficulties which are not included in learning. you will learn how to come out from all difficulties if you have only practical experience.

if we think about educational system then i will say till graduation learning is important. but after graduation you should continue learning and experience at a time. you will learning from your work and it will increase your experience. you may go for higher study like master degree but also you should think about practical aspect of your field.

so keep learning and getting Experience.
15th July 2011, 11:40 PM
kritika@Hans

hi friend
people those who say this are correct but only upto some extent
one may learn to do a thing but untill you do it experimently you'll able to remember ir
a kid is taught that 1+1=2
but untill he applies it in his daily life he won't remember
so according to be learning is a first step but experience is much more important step
best of luck
17th August 2011, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

Explain what is meant by meant statement that the direction of learning is governed by felt needs and goals
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?