15th January 2018, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

How and when to take admission in LLB from IGNOU? Doing LLB from IGNOU is better or should I search for other university?

I want to know about LLB course. I'm in my last year of BA from IGNOU and now wants to pursue LLB from IGNOU only. So please tell me detail procedure of applying for LLB after my BA from IGNOU. Futher, will IGNOU will be good or should I look for any other university?

24th January 2018, 04:37 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How and when to take admission in LLB from IGNOU? Doing LLB from IGNOU is better or should I search for other university?

IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) offers different type of degree in different streams. L.L.B. (Bachelor of Legislative Law) is one of the course.

If your aim is to become Lawyer then do not study L.L.B. through correspondence or in any open university because the lawyer course is not recognised and you cannot become a lawyer.

The basic eligibility required for studying Law course is Bachelors level degree from any recognised university. For getting admission into the colleges, you need to attend any entrance exam named LAWCET/ CLAT or any exam conducted by different universities. Few universities give direct admission based on the previous years performance.

If you want to become lawyer study the law course in regular mode. There are many colleges which provide L.L.B. course. Some of them are listed below:

- ILS Law college, Pune
- Government Law college, Mumbai
- Symbiosis Law School, Pune
- Nalsar University, Hyderabad
- National Law School, Bengaluru
- University of Delhi, New Delhi
- University of Law college, Bengaluru
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- National Law institute, Bhopal
- Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut
- Jindal Global Law School, Sonipat
26th January 2018, 10:03 AM
Vikasjhacds

Default Re: How and when to take admission in LLB from IGNOU? Doing LLB from IGNOU is better or should I search for other university?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to know about LLB course. I'm in my last year of BA from IGNOU and now wants to pursue LLB from IGNOU only. So please tell me detail procedure of applying for LLB after my BA from IGNOU. Futher, will IGNOU will be good or should I look for any other university?
LLB courses is conducted by IGNOU through correspondence.
If you really want to do LLB then apply for regular LLB course.
For apply LLB you have to qualify CLAT exam conducted by National Law University New Delhi.

For appearing in CLAT exam you have to pass 12th with any stream with minimum 50% marks.
For ST/SC/OBC minimum 45% marks is required.

Age limit is 18 to 21 years
Reserved category 5 year relaxation is given.

Some top universities offering law courses:-
University of Delhi
National Law University Jodhpur
National Law University Bangalore
SRM University Chennai
Manipal University Bangalore
Pune University
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?