27th May 2010, 08:44 PM
mishra nisha

I got low marks in 12th HSC, can I do diploma now and then try again for NIT and IIT later?

i got less marks in my hsc and i wanna knw do now i can do diploma and than try for nit and iit do i will be eligible then

27th May 2010, 09:24 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

Default Re: I got low marks in 12th HSC, can I do diploma now and then try again for NIT and IIT later?

you can ofcourse apply for iit and nut next year but the eligbility for
iit is
Only Students who secure first class (60%) or equivalent in the plus two examination will be eligible for admission to the IITs. However there will be a relaxation of 5% for SC/ST students.
so even if you do any course it wont help
you need to go for improvement exam to be eligible for the exam next year

and for nit that is aieee
the eligibility is
a pass in the final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination.
so may be you can appear for aieee without doing 12th again
28th May 2010, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: I got low marks in 12th HSC, can I do diploma now and then try again for NIT and IIT later?

i got 71.2% (science) in 12th class.can i get admission in any college?
29th May 2010, 06:51 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

To get admission in IIT and NIT, you have to get minimum 60% marks in 12th exams. if you have not secured 60% marks in 12th exams, then you are not eligible for IIT and
NIT. But you have to do diploma courses after 12th...........
13th June 2010, 11:31 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Since you got low marks in 12th. No need to worry you can join diploma courses and after 3 years you will be eligible for IITJEE and AIEEE

Another better alternative is that you can drop a year and prepare hard for JEE and at the same time work hard for boards. Answer boards again and so next year you will surely be able to crack jee

After diploma will be a long process so i dont recommend it.
13th June 2010, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

U plz dont drop? Nd don wrry? After 3 yrs diploma u can get in aieee or jee.. Bt WorkHARd., ok.. Al d bst
14th June 2010, 12:06 AM
varunsingh753

Thumbs up Re: I got low marks in 12th HSC, can I do diploma now and then try again for NIT and IIT later?

To get admission in IIT and NIT, you have to get minimum 60% marks in 12th exams. if you have not secured 60% marks in 12th exams, then you are not eligible for IIT and
NIT. But you have to do diploma courses after 12th....
17th June 2010, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

just prepare for aieee and do well in that exam and if you get good AIR next
year THEN THERE IS NO NEED FOR IIT
16th August 2010, 12:20 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, after doing diploma, you can do bteh through lateral entry test.

but through lateral entry test, you can't get chance in IITs or NITs.

all the best.........
21st August 2010, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

oh yaa u can giv ur iit jee exam in d second year of diploma n den after diploma if u want u can also do mtech 4m iit through an xam calld GATE wich is 2 b given in d last year of diploma....
so b tension free n go 4 diploma coz 12th is a great great risk fo u n in it if u fail den u will go in a bad depression
21st August 2010, 11:21 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear frend,
i am very sorry to tell you that you cannot sit for IIT exam if you have scored less than 60%......so doing diploma wont help it......however there is relaxation of 5% for SC/ST students......
Good Luck!!!!!!!!
22nd August 2010, 08:09 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

yes u r eligible for diploma course.. but for getting admission in IIT, NIT, u must have 60% marks in ur 12th, and in diploma also..

if u have less percentage in your 12th then u r unable to get admission in IIT..

i don't think that diploma will help u to get admission in IIT,NIT...

sorry...
22nd August 2010, 08:35 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

yes u r eligible for diploma course.. but for getting admission in IIT, NIT, u must have 60% marks in ur 12th, and in diploma also..

if u have less percentage in your 12th then u r unable to get admission in IIT..

i don't think that diploma will help u to get admission in IIT,NIT...

sorry...
22nd August 2010, 03:47 PM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

yes, you can join IITs, NITs after doing diploma.

after doing diploma you have to take admission in colleges as a lateral students other than iit and nit. because these institutes doesn't have any lateral entry seats.

after b.tech. you can join IIT and NIT in M.TECH courses.

all the best.
15th October 2010, 11:02 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

It is good that you are planning for IITs and NITs but for both type of institutes require atleast a +2 class but diploma is not a replacement for 12th class. Hence if you get low marks in 12th then either you try your 12th again so as to make yourself eligible for JEE by gaining 60% in 12th or you take admission in any other engineering college and forget about NITs or IITs.
However if you want to take diploma , then you will not be entitled to take admission wrt your diploma percentages because in IITs and NITs there is no provision for diploma candidates.
16th October 2010, 12:17 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishra nisha View Post
i got less marks in my hsc and i wanna knw do now i can do diploma and than try for nit and iit do i will be eligible then
dear friend,
if you do diploma now then you will not get admission in nit or iit because there is no lateral entry provision in nit or iit. At that time if you gave aieee or iit exam, then you will get admission in first year instead of 2nd year. So after 12th class you must directly give iit jee and aieee exam.
20th November 2010, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

i will be giving 12th hsc exam in march 2011.i dont want to attempt iit jee this year.but i will take 1 year gap to give iit next year..will i be eligible to get admission to iit next year on the basis of my 12th marks ?
20th November 2010, 10:30 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Hi!

Sorry you can not get admission in IIT since the eligibility criteria for appearing in IIT entrance exam i.e IIT-JEE is that the candidate should have secured 60% marks in the plus two examination.

So even if you will do a diploma it won't help you.

For getting admission in engineering course offered by NIT you have to appear in AIEEE exam. The minimum academic qualification for admission through AIEEE is a pass in the final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination.

So, even if you have scored low marks in 12th you can appear in AIEEE & with a high ranking in the AIEEE you can get admission in NIT
21st November 2010, 07:11 AM
avinash0094

yes you can do diploma and get a chance in aieee by lateral entry examination. i wish you can do in the future. so labour hard. thanking you.. best of luck.
21st November 2010, 09:33 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: I got low marks in 12th HSC, can I do diploma now and then try again for NIT and IIT later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i will be giving 12th hsc exam in march 2011.i dont want to attempt iit jee this year.but i will take 1 year gap to give iit next year..will i be eligible to get admission to iit next year on the basis of my 12th marks ?
Yes you are eligible to take exam and for writing jee the maximum year gap they allow is 2 years so you no need to worry and concentrate on your study do some coaching for one year and apply for jee.

Tip:
I recommend you to appear this year jee also to observe the question and its difficulty level and you level to solve those..
21st November 2010, 10:59 AM
sandipk
Senior Member+

HI friend,
Students securing first class (60% & more) in 12th examination will be eligible to appear the entrance of IIT.
But if u don't have 60% even if u go for other cources u can't appear entrance exam of IIT.
yes u can go for AIEEE entrance exam
it does not required any percentage of mark ,the eligibility is a pass in the 12th or equivalent

all the best...
21st November 2010, 11:28 AM
raja jeganathan

yes .. it is possible to you .. you can join in diploma course direct 2nd year with +2 mark .. after completing it ,, you can apply for b.e in iit
as lateral entry
21st November 2010, 11:33 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: I got low marks in 12th HSC, can I do diploma now and then try again for NIT and IIT later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i got 71.2% (science) in 12th class.can i get admission in any college?
it doesn't depend on your 12 marks and % because 12th % is only for full filling the criteria .
you have to choose one of the exam to get admission into any college
1.AIEEE
2.IIT
3.COMMON ENTRANCE EXAM FOR BOTH MEDICAL AND ENGINEERING
4.STATE EXAMS
21st November 2010, 11:41 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: I got low marks in 12th HSC, can I do diploma now and then try again for NIT and IIT later?

Quote:
its very sad that you have secured less marks in your hsc.
but i wan't to know how much you have secured.
if it is less than 60% then you ain't even full filling the criteria of IIT or AIEEE exam.
it needs at least 60% in 12.
yeah off course you can do diploma but after that you ain't eligible for all national exams.
21st November 2010, 12:36 PM
mediocre

Smile Re: I got low marks in 12th HSC, can I do diploma now and then try again for NIT and IIT later?

Quote:
Dear friend,
I graduated from NIT a year ago.I too got low marks in HSC. Its all upto you If you want to go for diploma.But I will suggest better go for B.C.A. and write NIMCET or AICET or go for BSc and write JAM.As this entrance test are for post graduation.It will be easy for you to get into IIT or NIT because competition is low.If u want to go for Lateral entry after diploma then also its quite difficult to manage because you will be required to write more papers compared to your colleagues.It will also be like wasting your precious time,because there is some age criteria also.Your HSC marks do matter at the time of placement because some company require 70+ in HSC also.I will suggest you enroll in some useful course like computers or language that will help you later on and rewrite HSC.I truly believe that these days no NIT or IIT gives lateral entry.
ALL THE BEST
Don't waste you time and get frustrated.Just occupy your time with whatever you like because NIT and IIT doesn't need only geeks.They want an all rounder
22nd January 2011, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

i have done both 12th and diploma.... my problem is 10th-82%,12th-54%, diploma-84% and BE-72%. Can eligible for MNC's. MNC's consider's both 12th and diploma marks??????????????
2nd March 2011, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

Where are the 12th hsc marks required?
17th March 2011, 01:13 AM
amlendu
Senior Member++

hi friend,

NIT. But you have to do diploma courses after 12th
thank
23rd March 2011, 04:02 PM
sanjaysinghchahar12

To get admission in IIT and NIT, you have to get minimum 60% marks in 12th exams.U plz dont drop? Nd don wrry? After 3 yrs diploma u can get in aieee or jee.. Bt WorkHARd., ok.. Al d bst......dnt worry ..ok.......
23rd March 2011, 04:10 PM
sanjaysinghchahar12

1. Indian Institute of Science (IISc)

A long period of almost thirteen years was to elapse from the initial conception in 1896 to the birth of the Institute on May 27, 1909. Type: Research Institution Location : Bangalore, Karnataka, India. More Details..

2. Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IIT Kanpur)

IIT Kanpur was established by an Act of Parliament in 1959. Institute type: Education and Research Institution. Location: Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India. More Details…

3. Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay)

IIT Bombay was established in 1958. Institute type: Education and Research Institution. Campus: Urban, 550 acres Location : Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. More Details…

4. Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT Kharagpur)

It is an autonomous engineering and technology – oriented institute of higher education established by the Government of India in 1951. Institute type: Education and Research Institution. Location: Kharagpur, West Bengal, India More Details…

5. Indian Institute of Technology Delhi Delhi (IIT Delhi)

The institute was established as College of Engineering & Technology, Delhi on August 21, 1961. Institute type: Education and Research Institution. Location : Hauz Khas, New Delhi, India. More Details…..

6. Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Jadavpur University , Kolkata

The National Council of Education (NCE) was set up in 1906 to impart literary, scientific and technical education on a national basis. Campus: Urban; 58 acres Location: Calcutta, West Bengal, India More Details..

7. Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras)

In 1956, when Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, Prime Minister of India, the German Government offered technical assistance for established an institute of higher education in engineering in India. Institute type: Education and Research Institution. Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu India. More Details…

8. Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT Roorkee)

IIT Roorkee was established in 1847. Institute type: Education and Research Institution. Campus: 360 acres Location : Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India. More Details…

9. College of Engineering , Anna University , Chennai

Anna University is one of India’s premier engineering universities. Established in 1978, it offers higher education in Engineering, Technology and Allied Sciences. Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India More Details..

10. Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IIT Guwahati)
9th May 2011, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

what is min marks to join govt polytechnic college
20th June 2011, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE GOT 60 PERCENT MARKS IN 12TH HSC EXAMS BUT MY PCM AVERAGE IN HSC IS LESS THAN 60 PERCENT AM I ELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSIONS IN NITs?
17th October 2011, 06:22 PM
rathodabhijit47

You must go for improvement for getting qualifying percentage. Diploma will waste your 2 years. You can try for cet also.
21st March 2012, 04:57 AM
Unregistered

I have colour blindness...my ambition to do is nautical science...but colour blindness not accepted...and i got low marks also...less than 60 percent...i want to earn around 5 lakhs per month to save my family...is there any course
14th May 2012, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

my daughter passed grom Goa Board where markes given are lower than othet boards like CBSE. Can she repeat 12th from CBSE board
24th June 2012, 06:40 PM
babu91

hello dear
iit is
Only Students who secure first class (60%) or equivalent in the plus two examination will be eligible for admission to the IITs. However there will be a relaxation of 5% for SC/ST students.

the eligibility is
a pass in the final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination.
thank you
2nd August 2012, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

I got a very low mark of 324/1200 in my hsc. will i get admission in top colleges like Anna University or something like that...Please do reply me..
6th September 2012, 08:23 PM
ravichandran_p

Don't worry Low marks in 12th means .that is not the end .There are lot of rare courses available like printing technology,fashion technology,ceramic tech, plastic technology etc.
Otherwise you can go for BioInformatics,Geology,or weather Science,Fishing Technology,
Space Technology etc.
Mostly very few people will prefer these courses.So If you choose any one of these kind means then you will have lot of job oppurtunities.
But all you need is interest and hard work..
6th September 2012, 08:25 PM
ravichandran_p

Don't worry Low marks in 12th means .that is not the end .There are lot of rare courses available like printing technology,fashion technology,ceramic tech, plastic technology etc.
Otherwise you can go for BioInformatics,Geology,or weather Science,Fishing Technology,
Space Technology etc.
Mostly very few people will prefer these courses.So If you choose any one of these kind means then you will have lot of job oppurtunities.
But all you need is interest and hard work..
5th February 2013, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

I got less marks in HSC so I took admission in diploma of computer engg., I gave exam like MHT-CET,AIEEE . also I have done MSCIT,programming in c,c (oops),java,advance java courses,but I dnt want to do btech cn u suggest something else.plzzz I dnt want to appear 3yrs degree plz suggest any other course. plzzzzzzzz sir
5th February 2013, 04:24 PM
shilpanaidu 123
Senior Member+

iit is

the eligibility is
20th March 2013, 08:14 PM
raj bn

Yes you can but you will be wasting 2 years as diploma could be done right after 10th. so But its good if you complete diploma as you will gain much knowledge before going to NITs and IITs.
4th March 2014, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

i forgot to get the application forms for nda entrance exam ? can i get it now ?
12th May 2014, 04:09 AM
Unregistered

I have score 76% (arts with comp sc) in tn hsc exam is it good total ??? What courses can I go for with this cut off ???
29th June 2014, 01:40 AM
Unregistered

I have score 51% in H.s and very bad score in wbjee.how I admit in top egg college
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?