4th December 2009, 12:26 PM
manjusha

I want to know weightage of chapters for maths, phy, chem in IIT JEE 2010

hi,
iam manjusha . Iam going to write IIT JEE 2010 . So i request u to help in making my preparations easier by giving me the weightage of chapters for both 11&12 standards for mathematics , physics and chemistry .
please help by doing this.

13th December 2009, 12:06 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: I want to know weightage of chapters for maths, phy, chem in IIT JEE 2010

MATHS:

CO-ORDINATE:- straight line,circle,locus.
ALGEBRA:- complex no.,qudratic equation,probability,a.p.,g.p.
CACULUS:-LIMIT,CONTINUTY,integration,application of calculus.
trignometry all are important(carries near about -5marks each yaer)
PHYSICS:

mechanics,kinematics,vectors,gravitation,atomic physics.electronics.
CHEMISTRY:-

bonding,organic chemistry,metals.however tough questions are from physical part.

ABOVE MENTIONED ARE THOSE PARTS WHICH CARRY MUCH WEIGHTAGE IN IIT-JEE.

you can able to score more then 150 just preparing this nicely.

:)BEST OF LUCK:)
13th December 2009, 06:55 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

Default Re: I want to know weightage of chapters for maths, phy, chem in IIT JEE 2010

It is suggested to give more weightage to class 12th than 11th but to obtain top ranks it is suggested that you go through and have a depth of knowledge in all the subjects.
14th December 2009, 07:14 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

iit doesn't give any importance to single chapter,
some times there are questions in which concepts of more than one chapter is required so be thorough in all the chapters .
all the best
14th December 2009, 11:25 AM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

there is no such system for weightage in iit....no one can predict it exact....
i think studying only 11th 12th cleares only basics...if you want to score more you can go for advanced studies using arihant publications......or M L Khanna for maths,H C verma for physics....and I E Irodov for higher physics............

best of luck
18th December 2009, 08:42 PM
Vijay G

It is good to give importance to all the topics.....as iit jee paper apears in different forms every year......... And if you do so , it will help you to understand subject very well...............
19th December 2009, 03:18 PM
anurag kumar

Location: H.No.-101, first floor, dagar house, bijwasan New Delhi-110061.

Hi Manjusa,
First I would like to say you best of luck and then I want to say that it is better to go the link <www.iitjee.org> where you can find the detailed syllabus for the IIT-JEE.
14th January 2010, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjusha View Post
hi,
iam manjusha . Iam going to write IIT JEE 2010 . So i request u to help in making my preparations easier by giving me the weightage of chapters for both 11&12 standards for mathematics , physics and chemistry .
hai iam ashok please help me by giving me weightage of chemistry and make easy to write aieee exam
15th January 2010, 04:20 PM
mathur

there is no such marking scheme in iit jee
chapters like kinetics, rotational, vectors, calculus, bonding, organic chemistry, metals are important chapters.
15th January 2010, 09:46 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

There is no specific rule that 10 marks question will come from chemical bonding or 5 marks from organic parts etc.All are important for it,it cant be said which chapter is important or which is not etc.

However,it can be said that following parts carry much weightage in AIEEE :-

bonding, organic chemistry,thermodynamics or chemical kinetics, metals.however tough questions are from physical part, Prepare organic part well.

Best of luck
17th February 2010, 12:24 PM
Esha Sharma
Senior Member+

Hey Friend
as there is scarcity of time and providing exactly the weightage of marks distribution is a bit difficult task, for each chapter try to solve as many previous year papers for atleast 10 years that will be sufficient for now.
All the very best.
18th February 2010, 02:55 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

hey friend....
the weightage of chapters for maths,physics,chem in I I T J E E are most importtant and not only some chapter ..all the chapters are important.....
for cracking this exam you should have good and depth knowledge in all this three subjects...
so prepared in good manner.....
good luck.
20th May 2010, 09:34 PM
sg3125
Banned

Discussions are there in this process, but basically anticipation are consolidating.
Search primarily at this site, you will find something broad.
There has been a whole around discussions. Search at the home site with their homesite.may god bless you with success.
15th July 2010, 08:30 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

The waitage for Physics:
Electrostatics and Current Electricity, and Electromagnetism-each of these topics has contributed about 15% to the total marks.

Optics = 13 %

Within Mechanics, the favorite topics seem =20%.

Mechanical Waves (sound) = 12% of the total marks.

The waitage for Chemistry:

Organic Chemistry 36%

Physical Chemistry= 33%.

Inorganic Chemistry and General Chemistry account for 21% and 10% of the total marks. Inorganic Chemistry should be

The waitage for mathematics:
Calculus= 30%

Algebra= 23%.

Analytical Geometry =20% .
Vectors and 3-D Geometry and Probability =6% each.

Trigonometry carries =17% i
16th July 2010, 12:19 AM
kshitijawadhiya

Quote:
hi,
the weightage depends on the cutoof marks of indivisual subjects ,,
equal for all in the beginning
12th August 2010, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

hi am Aniket. I am in 11th standard. I got in 10th ssc 92%. I want to get better marks in IIT. What will i study? Please help me.
13th August 2010, 12:20 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend
There is no any extra effort needed for IIT-JEE. Just try to be clear in concepts in all the topics and practice over numeric problems. The NCERT books of all the subject are sufficient to cover entire syllabus. Also, practice old question papers of IIT-JEE.
For help you can refer arihant books.
13th August 2010, 02:53 AM
adityabhushan

Quote:
hi,

this are the list for the of weightage of the question asked in iitjee
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2uemkqu.jpg
Views:	1593
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	1627   Click image for larger version

Name:	5ez7tf.jpg
Views:	2899
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	1628   Click image for larger version

Name:	r2q04x.jpg
Views:	1322
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	1629  
13th August 2010, 04:15 AM
Rickers

Hello friend,

There are Three main subjects for IITJEE
1.physics
2.mathematics
3.Chemistry.

I would like to tell you one thing that if you score good in IITJEE give equal weight-age on these subject.

TIPS:If you score really good then concentrate on chemistry and physics.
Generally each and every student have their maths best, but they can't solve chemistry and physics.

So these two were decision making subject. so prepare well.

Good luck!!!!
13th August 2010, 02:55 PM
kool
Senior Member++

hello friend, all part of each subject is very much important during preparation of IIT-JEE .
you can't ignore any part of your syllabus, but it is also very difficult to prepare all chapters, so you can follow some important topics which is always asked in IIT-JEE exam every year.
some important topics are:
Maths:
CO-ORDINATE,ALGEBRA,CALCULUS,trigonometry

PHYSICS:
mechanics,kinematics,vectors,gravitation,atomic physics.electronics.

bonding,organic chemistry,metals.however tough questions are from physical part.

good luck.
13th August 2010, 06:30 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi am Aniket. I am in 11th standard. I got in 10th ssc 92%. I want to get better marks in IIT. What will i study? Please help me.
Hello,

92% means you are a good students, and good students do not do selective study, they do intelligent study.
So study all the topics and dont leave any topic.

Good Luck!
3rd February 2011, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

hello i want the weightage of chapters in mathmatics for 10th class please can any one provide it for me
12th April 2011, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

which are the important chemistry chapters in11th for entrance
17th April 2011, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

plz can u tell me the chapterwise importance of topics in physics.
25th June 2011, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

Red face Re: I want to know weightage of chapters for maths, phy, chem in IIT JEE 2010

hi m ayush i wantd to knw how exactly oe can prepare for cracking iit..........is it by practise or by scientific approach????????????pleaze suggest me some tips upon hw to prepare for it.....................
23rd August 2011, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

unitwise distribution of marks of algebra 10th std
28th August 2011, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

i have less time to prepare iit how can i manage time with 2
19th September 2011, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

i am Revanth. I am preparing for iit-jee 2012. Actually i have revised the first year topics when the concepts are tought by our lecturers. Now when i try to practice them i was not able to do the high standard problems please suggest me how can i over come this problem?
20th October 2011, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

i am gaurav.i am preparing for iit 2012.i have revised the
6th November 2011, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

i didnt even start my preparation,but i need a good rank iit entrance examination.....i will do anything.........just tell me d chapters to study,,so that i can cover these topics in 2 months......plz tell.............................dis is kiran
11th November 2011, 11:25 AM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

There is no specific rule that 10 marks question will come from chemical bonding or 5 marks from organic parts etc.All are important for it,it cant be said which chapter is important or which is not etc.

bonding, organic chemistry,therm
11th November 2011, 11:27 AM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

13th November 2011, 11:24 PM
ch.manoj
Senior Member+

20th January 2012, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

hiii i want dono abt weightage of each chapters of maths for iit as well as aieee
25th March 2012, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

I want to know weightage of chapters for chemistry in iitjee 2012
26th March 2012, 09:43 PM
zeya007

Almost every chapter in the syllabus of IITJEE you will get little or much weightage in the exam.
But some of the portion in JEE syllabus has as much weightage as by studying these portion your rank will be sure.
For example.
Maths-
Calculus
Application of derivatives
Curves
Straight lines and circles.
Physics-
Electrostatics
current electricity
magnetic field
mechanics
thermodynamics
chemistry-
For chemistry i will advice you to go through the syllabus of NCERT text book only ,it will be enough....
7th April 2012, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

Just describe new pattern of jee-iit and it's year of applying
18th June 2012, 03:00 PM
aatif1

There is no thing such as weightage in IITJEE. All the subjects are treated alike. The questions are equally balanced from all the three subjects. The only thing is that questions from chemistry are alittle easier in comparison to the other subjects and the questions of maths are a little more lengthier and tougher.
All the three subjects are treated equally as far as the scoring is considered.
There are several types of questions from all the three questions which carry equal amount of marks.
In case there is a tie in two candidates then that student gets the preference who left out lesser number of problems in the beginning.
thats it!!!
10th February 2013, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

chapterwise weightage of marks for physics chemistry maths in JEE MAINS 2013
31st March 2013, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

In JEE MAIN paper,each subject carries how much marks
9th October 2013, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hi,

Probability
Topic Weightage : 7 %

Definite Integration
Topic Weightage : 6 %

Circles
Topic Weightage : 6 %

Vectors
Topic Weightage : 5 %

Theory of Equations

Sequences and Series

Complex Numbers

Three Dimensional Geometry

Matrices Determinants
Topic Weightage : 4 %

Sets, Relations and Functions

Differential Coefficient

Application of Derivatives

Trigonometric Ratios and Ident...
Topic Weightage : 3 %

Parabola

Limits

Heights and Distances
Topic Weightage : 2 %

Straight Lines

Permutation and Combination

Continuity and Differentiabili...

Differential Equation

Inverse Trigonometry

Area

Indefinite Integration

Hyperbola

Trigonometric Equations

Ellipse
Topic Weightage : 1 %

Binomial Theorem

Mathematical Induction

Properties of Triangles

Pairs of Straight Lines

Exponentials and Logarithms

Dynamics

Statistics
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?