21st January 2018, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

I will be appearing for 12th Board exam this year. Can I write CAT exam also this year?

I will be writing my 12th standard exam this year. Can I also write Common Admission Test (CAT) in this year only? What is the minimum education required to write the CAT exam? What is the syllabus and exam pattern for it?

23rd January 2018, 01:37 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I will be appearing for 12th Board exam this year. Can I write CAT exam also this year?

The full form of CAT is Common Admission test.

Eligibility criteria for CAT exam:

1. You must have minimum qualification of bachelor's degree to apply for this exam. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for CAT exam.

2. You should have at least 50% marks in bachelor's degree.

12th passed candidates can not apply for CAT examination.
23rd January 2018, 02:04 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: I will be appearing for 12th Board exam this year. Can I write CAT exam also this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I will be writing my 12th standard exam this year. Can I also write Common Admission Test (CAT) in this year only? What is the minimum education required to write the CAT exam? What is the syllabus and exam pattern for it?
CAT stand Common Admission Test, it is a national level entrance exam conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management for admission to their MBA, PGDM and other Management courses.

Eligibility for CAT examination 2018:

- The candidate must have completed his/her Graduation in any stream from recognized university with 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/PWD).

- The Bachelor degree must be of minimum 3 years duration.

- There is no age limit for taking CAT exam.

Since you are a student and you are going to give 12th exam this year. You cannot sit for CAT exam right now because you need to complete your bachelor degree in any stream with 50% minimum from recognized university then after that you can sit for CAT exam definitely. But right now you can't.
23rd January 2018, 02:46 PM
rachamallamanoj

Sorry to tell you can't apply for CAT exam after completing 12th.

CAT stands for Common admission test. This entrance exam is conducted in the month of November to give admissions for candidates in MBA.

The eligibility for CAT exam is
1. All the candidates applying must complete graduation in any stream.
2. Even final year candidates can also apply.
3. The minimum marks in graduation must be 60%
4. There is no age limit applicable.

You can apply for CAT exam after completing graduation
23rd January 2018, 05:44 PM
NeptuneSpear

You cannot write CAT (Common Admission Test) if you are in Class 12th.

Eligibility for CAT :

- One must have passed graduation in any stream from a recognised university with at least 50% marks if one is from UR (Unreserved) otherwise 45% for SC/ST/PH.

- No age limit is there.

Syllabus and Exam Pattern :

- Exam will be of 300 marks : Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension - 102 marks
: Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning - 96 marks
: Quantitative Ability - 102 marks

Total Time : 3 hours
23rd January 2018, 06:58 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

CAT is Common Admission Test as you have mentioned above. The examination is conducted for admission in Business School in MBA course.

The common eligibility to appear in entrance examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university with minimum 50%.

There is no age limit to appear for examination. So, you have to complete your bachelor degree after 12th, if you want to appear for CAT examination which is conducted by IIM every year.
23rd January 2018, 07:38 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CAT refers to Common Admission Test and same is an entrance examination held for offering admission in MBA or PGDM or equivalent degree course at various business schools across India.

As far as you are concerned about knowing the minimum educational qualification required for appearing in CAT then it is a graduation in any discipline with at least 50% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So you are not eligible for appearing in CAT directly after completion of your Class 12th.

For more details regarding CAT you can refer to its official link i.e; www.iimcat.ac.in.
23rd January 2018, 09:57 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

CAT stands for Common Admission Test and the minimum educational qualification required for appearing in the same examination is a graduation in any stream with at least 50% marks ( or 45% marks in case of SC/ST or PH category candidates ) from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their graduation degree are also eligible.

So being a final year student of higher secondary school degree i.e; Class 12th, you are not eligible for appearing in CAT unless you complete your bachelor degree course.

For more detailed information related to CAT, you can visit the link www.iimcat.ac.in .
23rd January 2018, 11:05 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear in CAT examination. CAT examination is conducted by IIM every year.

The minimum required qualification to appear in CAT is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree with minimum 50%.

Final year pursuing candidates can also appear in the examination. So, you have to take admission in bachelor degree and complete it to appear for CAT.
26th January 2018, 10:37 PM
Vikasjhacds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After passing 12th with any stream you are not eligible for common admission test (cat) exam.

CAT exam is conducted by Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.

Eligibility for CAT exam:-
Pass graduation with minimum 50% marks in any stream.
For reserve category minimum 45% marks required.

There is no age limit for CAT exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?