20th July 2011, 09:39 PM
vejendla balaji

If I have specs wont I be able to join defense related jobs?

IAM STUDYING BTECH 2nd YEAR AND IAM A MECHANICAL STUDENT.MY AIM WAS ALWAYS TO JOIN ANY DEFENCE RELATED JOBS BUT A BIG PROBLEM IS THAT I AM HAVING SPECTS BECAUSE OF WHICH MANY OF MY FRIENDS ALWAYS SAYS THAT I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO JOIN?IS IT TRUE.............................................. ...........??????????????????????????????????????? ?

20th July 2011, 11:33 PM
rupesh1982

Default Re: If I have specs wont I be able to join defense related jobs?

no it is not true.defence services having criteria to select these persons also.they may test you if you are under their fitness criteria then you may get job in defence .
21st July 2011, 10:06 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: If I have specs wont I be able to join defense related jobs?

Dear friend,

Definetly you can join defense services.

There are certain branches where the person use specs are not permitted. ie flying branch, NDA etc

As you are a student of B.Tech, so after compltition of your B.Tech you can join as a techanical engineering oggicer in the defense.

You cacn join defense through CDSE.

Eligibility Criteria

• For Indian Military Academy/Officers' Training Academy: Degree from a recognized university or equivalent

• For Naval Academy: B.Sc. with Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering

• For Air Force Academy: Degree of a Recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering

Age Limit
Air Force Academy 19-23 Years
Naval Academy 19-22 Years
Officers’ Training Academy 19-25 Years

All the best..................
21st July 2011, 12:32 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

no it's not true. with spectacles also you will be eligible for so many post in Indian defense. as you are B.Tech students so i think your goal is to join in Indian defence sector in technical field. obviously you will be eligible in that field with spectacles also.

but there are some limitation. your eye problem should be within limit to join in Indian defence. for most of the defence job it is given that in eye there should not be myopia or hyper-myopia more than +4.5 or -4.5. in some case it may be +4 or -4. so your spectacles power should be in this limit. also you should not have any color blindness.

when you will apply for any job in defence in the notification you will get all details about the physical requirement to apply for the job. from there find out with your spectacles you are eligible for that particular job or not.

best of luck.
21st July 2011, 07:09 PM
ayusharma.3

hi,
no it's not true. with spectacles also you will be eligible for so many post in Indian defense or any other military job. as you are B.Tech students so i think your goal is to join in Indian defense sector in technical field like clerk, accountant rtc
13th January 2012, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

If I have specs and i m graduate BCA wont I be able to join defense related jobs in teachnical?
19th January 2012, 06:37 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by vejendla balaji View Post
IAM STUDYING BTECH 2nd YEAR AND IAM A MECHANICAL STUDENT.MY AIM WAS ALWAYS TO JOIN ANY DEFENCE RELATED JOBS BUT A BIG PROBLEM IS THAT I AM HAVING SPECTS BECAUSE OF WHICH MANY OF MY FRIENDS ALWAYS SAYS THAT I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO JOIN?IS IT TRUE.............................................. ...........??????????????????????????????????????? ?
HI,
After passing B.Tech you can apply for many govt. job like:-
> I.A.S
> I.P.S
> I.E.S
> ARMY
> NAVY
> AIR FORCE
> D.R.D.O
> I.S.R.O
> B.S.N.L
> O.N.G.C
etc

ALL THE BEST!
8th March 2012, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

IAM STUDYING Bcom 2nd YEAR.MY AIM WAS ALWAYS TO JOIN indian military academy BUT A BIG PROBLEM IS THAT I AM HAVING SPECTS BECAUSE OF WHICH MANY OF MY FRIENDS ALWAYS SAYS THAT I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO JOIN?IS IT TRUE...?
8th March 2012, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

IAM STUDYING bcom 2nd year.MY AIM WAS ALWAYS To join IMA BUT A BIG PROBLEM IS THAT I AM HAVING SPECTS BECAUSE OF WHICH MANY OF MY FRIENDS ALWAYS SAYS THAT I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO JOIN?IS IT TRUE....? ?
14th April 2012, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

i am studying btech final year,my aim is to become a pilot in indian airforce, but i am having an eye site of -1.5, in case i have done a laser surgery am i eligible to become a pilot..please send me the exact information..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?