2nd March 2016, 12:37 PM
Harshp05

If I join Air Force or Army School for admission in +2 will it help me to join Air Force?

I am Harsh, i am 16 years, this year i will be appearing for my 10th board exam. I want to join air force so if i join air force or army school after 10th for +2 will it help me to join air force? And is it necessary to continue in school for 11th n 12th..?

Related Questions:
  1. How should I join Air Force after BCA? Requirements to join Air Force?
  2. How to join Army Air Force after passing 10th class?
  3. What is the age limit to join AIr Force? I am a teacher
  4. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I join Army, Air Force and Navy after completion of 12th Class in Commerce stream?
  6. How to join Air Force, Navy and Army after completion of 12th Class with Commerce?
  7. How to join Indian Air Force after passing class 10th? What is the education requirement for Indian Air Force?
  8. Why girls are not eligible to join Indian Air Force on 10th basis?
  9. What should I do to join Air force after completion of my B.Com? What are the posts available in Air force for commerce students? What are the entrance exam I should write for that post?
  10. Can I apply for Indian Air Force and Army having completed Diploma in Electronics and Communications Engineering? Procedure to join Air Force and Army?
  11. Best Air Force college in India? Is Air Force not suitable for girls?
  12. How to join Air Force? What are the exams to join Air force?
  13. How to join Air Force after clearing 12th with 66.15% in commerce Maths
  14. What is the role of Pharmacist in Indian Air Force? Scope for Pharmacy candidates in Air Force, Navy and Army? How can I join Navy, Army or Air Force being a Graduate in Pharmacy?
  15. What subjects should I choose in 10+2 to join Air Force?
  16. What are the qualifications required to join Indian Air Force?
  17. How should I apply for Indian Air Force?
  18. How should I join Indian Air Force? What is the procedure?
2nd March 2016, 04:36 PM
shubh139

Default Re: If I join Air Force or Army School for admission in +2 will it help me to join Air Force?

Yes, it will definitely help you if you are studying in Air Force/Army school, but it's not necessary. To an extent, you get some sort of advantage if you are studying in that school because it's curriculum is designed in that way. But these things will only help you when you are really interested in joining army. Otherwise, it is not mandatory that you will automatically get selection in the force. They will build your interest which will help you in future.

thank you
2nd March 2016, 05:18 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If I join Air Force or Army School for admission in +2 will it help me to join Air Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshp05 View Post
I am Harsh, i am 16 years, this year i will be appearing for my 10th board exam. I want to join air force so if i join air force or army school after 10th for +2 will it help me to join air force? And is it necessary to continue in school for 11th n 12th..?
Yes, of course it would definitely give you some benefit if complete your studies from Army or Air Force school.

It would leave behind an indirect impact on you towards Air force or Army.

Also, you must take part actively in all the activities including curricular, sports that are regularly conducted in the campus throughout the session.

It will develop your sports, mental, strategic skills that will definitely help you out during SSB Interview.

After completing +2, you will have to apply for NDA Exam.

In NDA Exam, you will have to qualify Written Test, SSB Interview, Medical Test.

Some of the books that you may refer for SSB Interview are:

SSB Interview: The Complete Guide (Paperback)
Author: NK Natarajan's
Publisher: Arihant (2012)
Price: Rs. 162

Modern SSB Interviews 4 Edition (Paperback)
Author: Col. Kuldip S. Dosanjh
Publisher: International Publishing House (2010)
Price: Rs. 236

SSB Interviews and Psycho Intelligence Tests (Paperback)
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House (2012)
Price: Rs. 84
2nd March 2016, 10:39 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshp05 View Post

Yeah it surely will help you join in Indian Air force after completing from a Army school. Indian Air Force is one of the defence forces of India and to join in this force you need to possess certain qualifications.

The procedure for joining in the defence force is by applying for the entrance exam and you would need to satisfy the eligibility criteria for applying for entrance exam and they include:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Educational Qualification
  • Physical Standard

You need to satisfy them all in order to apply for the entrance exam and join in the forces. The minimum qualification needed by a person to join in Air Force are:

# Candidate should have citizenship in India.

# Martial status states that candidate should be a unmarried male candidate.

# Age limit needed is 16 1/2 - 19 1/2 years.

# The educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed +2 with physics and mathematics as subject in the case of joining in Air Force.

# The most important criteria of them all is the physical standard criteria which is needed to be satisfied.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for joining in Indian Air force through NDA Exam ( National Defence Academy) which offers candidates to join in defence forces with a minimum qualification.
2nd March 2016, 11:14 PM
kantraman

Actually one can join Airforce if having 12th in PCM with minimum of 60% marks.No need to join Airforce and Army school in order to join Airforce as entry is totally depends upon the entrance exam.
3rd March 2016, 08:52 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

It is beneficial while applying for air force if you join the army school. You can also join the air force without joining the army school.

Join Air Force Through
- NDA after (10+2)
- AFCAT after Graduation

NDA Eligibility
- Only male candidates can apply for NDA.
- You must have passed (10+2) in science stream with maths subject to apply for air force branch.
- Your age must be between 16.5 to 19 years.

NDA Selection
- Written Test
- Interview
- Pilot Aptitude Test

AFCAT Eligibility
- You must have passed bachelor's degree from a recognized university.
- Age Limit : 20 to 24 years for Flying & Ground Duty and 20 to 26 years for Technical branch.

AFCAT Selection
- Written Test
- SSB Interview
- Interview

AFCAT Important Dates
- Apply Online From : 05/12/2015
- Last Date to Apply : 31/12/2015
- AFCAT Exam : 21/02/2016
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?