27th December 2009, 08:00 PM
moninthar

IIT JEE: wrongly mentioned my community as obc (cl) but i submitted my obc (ncl) certificate with online iit jee application

My application no:A362008535 in that i wrongly mentioned my community as obc (cl) but i submitted my obc (ncl) certificate with online iit jee application form i want to know whether they consider me as obc (ncl)

16th January 2010, 01:58 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: IIT JEE: wrongly mentioned my community as obc (cl) but i submitted my obc (ncl) certificate with online iit jee application

Dont worry you will be treated as OBC (NCL),as there is certificate for it as a proof.

Best of luck
16th January 2010, 04:26 PM
ROHIT KUNDLIYA
Senior Member++

Default Re: IIT JEE: wrongly mentioned my community as obc (cl) but i submitted my obc (ncl) certificate with online iit jee application

Hi
donot worry. You are elligible for iit exam
good luck
16th January 2010, 08:43 PM
manikantabomma1

Quote:
Originally Posted by moninthar View Post
My application no:A362008535 in that i wrongly mentioned my community as obc (cl) but i submitted my obc (ncl) certificate with online iit jee application form i want to know whether they consider me as obc (ncl)
no.they will not consider you as obc(ncl).you should apply another one.
16th January 2010, 11:03 PM
mukilan

you will be treated as OBC (NCL),as there is certificate for it as a proof
u call the toll free number and call and clarify
18th January 2010, 10:29 PM
rohit kumar singh

well its thime for panic,..you must contact to concern authority..dont take it easy..
19th January 2010, 09:01 PM
priya143

hi,

don't worry about the mistake that you have done,it is not a major mistake and will never become a cause of rejection of you candidature for IIT-JEE exam.

but for convenience an to avoid future problems you can contact the iit-jee authorities and can discuss and correct your mistake:

Chairman, JEE, IIT Roorkee, Roorkee 247 667
Ph. : (01332)284272
FAX : (01332)285346
30th January 2010, 11:27 PM
sumitkumarinmit

no u will not b considered as obc.........bad luck
31st January 2010, 01:33 AM
edward
Top Answerer

dont worry they will consider you as OBC(ncl) as you have provided the proof for it. but still i suggest you to contact them regarding this problem on this address:-
31st January 2010, 04:34 PM
Aishwary

Hiiiiiiiiiii
No need to worry about this you can give exam........
31st January 2010, 08:51 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

no there wont be any harm but still to reduce the risk please consulkt the officials
1st February 2010, 01:31 PM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

you have already submitted the the docoments for obc(ncl).
so do not worry they must consider your application form.
so start seriously your examination.
best of luck.
20th March 2010, 06:42 PM
vanshu

dont worry you will be treated as a obc as there you have given the certificate as a proof that is sufficient
21st March 2010, 12:28 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

dear friend,
please do not worry,
there will be no any problem regarding this,
but please correct it on the time of counseling after qualifying in the exam,
o k
all the best
22nd March 2010, 09:48 AM
Manjeet124

Hi....
Dont be worry about that no need to worry......
31st March 2010, 07:25 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

dear friend
there is no need to think more about it.
you will be considered as obc.
all the best.
31st March 2010, 09:18 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friend
you do not need to worry about it .
but i will suggest you to contact the concerned authorities for the problem.
log on to the official website of iit and get the phone numbers from there.

hope that your problem will be solved.

all the best.
10th April 2010, 06:54 PM
Aditya.addy
Senior Member+

dear friend,
it is not a matter of worry.so do not take tensions.moreover if you are still insecure then you may go to official website and write an e-mail to the officer.
also can contact the chairman ar call at
this may help you a bit.
the website is jee.iitr.ac.in
11th April 2010, 02:43 AM
sadhan
Senior Member+

hi frnd,
nothing to be get worried
you will be treated under OBC candidates
as ther is reservations for OBC
best of luck
11th April 2010, 02:48 AM
sadhan
Senior Member+

hi frnd,
nothing to be get worried
you will be treated under OBC candidates
as ther is reservations for OBC
best of luck
11th April 2010, 09:33 PM
amitforever
Senior Member+

dear friend
dont worry you can sit for the exam. whether you get the reservation facility or not for this you just please contact the concerned authority
all the best
19th May 2010, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

in obc is the annual income considered only father's or even mother's
25th May 2010, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

sir, My application for IIt2010 : while submitting hard copy application OMR sheet, i mentioned as OBC (CL) by mistake. Later I sent the copy of the OBC NCL to th authorities for change by speed post. whether it will be consider. simaltaneously i submitted by fax also as per their guidelines D chandra sekhar
28th June 2010, 12:01 PM
gaurav poddar

no need to worry u ll be treated as obc ncl as u have a proof
29th June 2010, 12:09 AM
vidh
Senior Member+

Post Re: IIT JEE: wrongly mentioned my community as obc (cl) but i submitted my obc (ncl) certificate with online iit jee application

Dear friend,
there is no need to worry about that at the councelling session you just have to submitt your obc(cl) crtificate with an application.
29th June 2010, 12:15 AM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Hi
You dont worry about this mistake because they need a proof for every thing.
And you had given right document to them.
They consider your document proof not your option given in form.
good luck
1st July 2010, 12:57 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
dont worry, your form will be selected and you will face no problem in giving the exam. Also you will be regarded as obc(ncl) because the iit authorities give more importance to certificates than the form.
25th March 2011, 08:39 PM
rocking_indian

Quote:
Don't worry my dear friend you will be still allowed to appear for iit jee under obc (cl)
many students makes mistake during filling up of iit jee form
if something happens during admission then show you obc(cl) certificate
31st March 2011, 08:03 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Don't bother about this problem. Nothing will happen.

As you have provided the proof of OBC (ncl) certificate, they will consider this as a proof.

You are going to appear for the exam under the category of OBC (ncl)

But any way what i would suggest you is don't take it lite and contact the respective authority and discuss them with your mistake.

They will suggest you the alternative what you have to do.
31st March 2011, 09:09 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Hello dear, no need to worry if you have submitted online certificate.....
31st March 2011, 09:44 PM
sabarish28

contact the officials

and dont be tensed even though after writting the exam the iit-jee board ask the students if they qualify in exam to submit proof for necessary things
i think it is not a matter dont waste time and try back good score all the best......
31st March 2011, 09:45 PM
2cuteforuh21
Junior Member+

Dont worry you will be treated as OBC (NCL),as there is certificate for it as a proof.
1st April 2011, 08:13 AM
kunal4win

they will not consider you as
obc(ncl)
1st April 2011, 08:34 AM
Taurus007

hii

IIT JEE
As you have provided the proof of OBC (ncl) certificate, they will consider this as a proof.
You are going to appear for the exam under the category of OBC (ncl)
But any way what i would suggest you is don't take it lite and contact the respective authority and discuss them with your mistake.
They will suggest you the alternative what you have to do.
it is not a matter of worry.so do not take tensions.moreover if you are still insecure then you may go to official website and write an e-mail to the officer.
also can contact the chairman ar call at
this may help you a bit.
the website is jee.iitr.ac.in

good luck
5th June 2011, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

i did not have caste certificate in the prescribed format but having obc reservation what i have to do
12th June 2011, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

i have sent the photocopy of original sc cetificate but it is rejected , can sent the correct fornat of sc certificate if last is passed .
25th November 2011, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

if i can not send obc certificate then you take me in genrel
26th November 2011, 02:18 PM
aamir sehgal

Thumbs up Re: IIT JEE: wrongly mentioned my community as obc (cl) but i submitted my obc (ncl) certificate with online iit jee application

yes u will be treated as obc(ncl)
as u hv submitted ncl certificate..
i hv also contctd iit for this issue..
1st December 2011, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

i have fill the community obc in the iit form ,till now i
do not have submmited form ?? how to change it , i have fill the form online
please send answer fast????????????
3rd December 2011, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

sir, I have submitted my application by ticking OBC(NCL) column. if I fail to submit the original before the prescribed time, will I be onsidered in the General category?
21st January 2012, 05:58 PM
Mechanical Rai

Quote:
don't worry you'll be allowed to appear in iitjee.
they will check this at the time of counselling.
8th March 2014, 09:42 AM
Unregistered

Hi , According to the state government of TN My community falls under obc, but according to Central govt i fall into General Category. I have mentioned wrongly as OBC. How shall i rectify
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?