9th August 2010, 12:38 AM
Mathewdard

Indian Civil Service exams after graduation in the field of arts (general)

Ive done my graduation in the field of arts (general) please advice me what kind of exam i can write in indian civil service. And please give me some hints to take up the exam. I stood in second class.

9th August 2010, 11:15 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Indian Civil Service exams after graduation in the field of arts (general)

Dear friend
You are eligible for the civil services exam.
There are some compulsory papers and some optional papers.
You can choose any option paper. It doesn't depend on your graduation stream. It completely depends on your choice.
You can get the complete information regarding civil services at the following website.
www.upsc.gov.in
www.upscportal.com
www.upscexam.com
Thank You
9th August 2010, 11:40 AM
rohit_k

Default Re: Indian Civil Service exams after graduation in the field of arts (general)

dear friend
you have get good percentage in graduation at least 60% marks then you are elligible for indian civil service.
more details and syllabus download as www.civilserviceindia.com/subject/
9th August 2010, 02:13 PM
rviveka

hi,
U just write the exam..
the result will be given a chance to wat kind of job u have to join..
9th August 2010, 02:41 PM
jicks

It does not matter if you have got Second class.
It depends upon the Drive inside you to get selected for Civil Service Exam

You have to write a Preliminary Exam
Paper-I: General Studies
Paper-II: Choose one from optional

You can select from the choices of Economics, Commerce, Philosophy, Psychology, or Indian history whichever suits you.

But Prel.Exam is already over in May 2010 and now Main Exam is scheduled on 29.10.2010

Be updated and strive hard to achieve your goal.

Best Wishes
9th August 2010, 03:10 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

It is one of most challenging exams conducted byUPSC.Certain eligibility criteria are to be fulfilled to appear in the exam. You must be between 21 to 30 years. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.You must be a graduate from any recognized university. There are four attempts for general category.7 attempts for OBCs and the attempt for SC/ST is unlimited. There would be prelims and main exam. After the exam the candidate has to appear for the interview.
9th August 2010, 06:43 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

You are eligible to sit for Indian Civil Service exams conducted by the UPSC as you have done your graduation.

There are different categories of civil service exams like: IAS,IPS, IES, IFS etc.

As an arts student you can appear for the exams like IAS/IPS/IFS.

You can follow the guide books of UPSC exams for well preparation or even can join a good coaching center.

For more informations on these exams please visit the official site of UPSC: www.upsc.gov.in

All the best!
17th January 2011, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my graduation in arts stream, suggest me any kind of jobs?
18th January 2011, 11:46 AM
abhimanyu2688

dear friend,
as you are a graduate you can appear in civil services exam. for main exam you can choose subject of your choice if you are able to clear preliminary test.
12th February 2011, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

what is the minium percentage in graduation for kas exams? i have got 44% can i appear in the kashmir administration service exam.
22nd February 2011, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

I am about to graduate as an Engineer. I have zeroed in on psychology as the first optional, but am confused regarding the second one. Would philosophy psychology be a good combination ? Or should I go for some subject with a syllabus overlapping with G.S. ? I would prefer a subject with less syllabus which can be completed in a short span of time and one which is more conceptual rather than being facts based. After going through the syllabi , I found Philosophy, Sociology, Public administration to be interesting. Please advise which to take along with Psychology?
Thanks.
1st March 2011, 10:39 AM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

You are eligible for CIVIL SERVICES EXAMS..................
  • Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
  • Apply offline by purchasing the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.
For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
Civil Services (Prel) Exam, 2011

Date of Notification: 19.02.2011
Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 21.03.2011
Date of Exam: 12.06.2011
4th March 2011, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

I am under gradguate student in arts.my subject geography & economics. Plz suggest me wat can i do after graduation
28th April 2011, 12:08 AM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

You are eligible for the civil services exam.
There are some compulsory papers and some optional papers.
You can get the complete information regarding civil services at the following website:-
www.upsc.gov.in
www.upscportal.com
22nd May 2011, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

i scored47%marks in graduation am i elegible for kashmir ad service
1st June 2011, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

i ankit sharma scored 53%marks in graduation am i eligible for kashmir administrative service exam 2011
1st July 2011, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

i have done BSc FAD(fashion & apparel design) i had arts stream in my 11th n 12th. want to apply for govt. jobs so pls suggest me.
20th January 2012, 10:54 AM
adlsm

YES friend you are eligible

You have to write a Preliminary Exam
Paper-I: General Studies
Paper-II: Choose one from optional

You can select from the choices of Economics, Commerce, Philosophy, Psychology, or Indian history whichever suits you.
GOOD LUCK

www.upsc.gov.in
visit regularly this site for all details
24th September 2012, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

When acs exam held
4th June 2013, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE COMPLETED MY MATRICULATION EXAMINATION,WHICH STREAM HAS MOST OPPORTUNITIES PLEASE SUGGEST.
9th June 2014, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

I have scored 74% in 12th class from u.p board. What are the job opportunities for me in civil sector?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?