24th December 2009, 03:58 PM
anupamkrishna95

What are the job opportunities after studying B.Sc Astronomy?

What are the job opportunities after studying B.Sc Astronomy? What type of jobs can we expect as a fresher? Which companies recruit such candidates?

Related Questions:
  1. Stream to choose in 11th standard for becoming an Astronaut?
  2. How can I get job in ISRO if completed Double M.Sc in Statistics and Astronomy?
  3. How to become an Astronaut after studying Mechanical Engineering?
  4. Can I study Astronomy in Graduation after completing 12th Science? List of colleges which offer Astronomy in Delhi?
  5. In which entrance exam I have to appear for admission in Astronomy UG program after completing Diploma in E&TC? Eligibility criteria and tips for preparation?
  6. Which subject should I choose in class 12th to apply for Astronomical Scientists? Which entrance exam should I give for the same?
  7. Which are the entrance tests related to Astronomy or Astrophysics? Is there any online Astronomy class? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Am I eligible to apply for Astronomy after completing B.Sc in Hotel Management?
  9. What is the minimum qualifying marks for studying B.Sc Astronomy in abroad?
  10. Colleges for astronomy in Kerala? I am studying in 11th standard
  11. Which post graduation course is best to pursue in Astronomy field?
  12. Possibility to get admission in Ph.D(Astronomy) programme for M.Sc(Astronomy) student? In which entrance exam I have to appear?
  13. What should I do after B.E to go for astronomy field?
  14. What exam to clear for Astronomy studies after 12th?
  15. List of best vocational schools for Astronomy -- [New]
  16. Which courses to do after 9th so as to become an Astronaut?
  17. List of institutes which offer B.Sc(Astronomy) in Uttar Pradesh? Eligibility to study for 12th student?
  18. Should I have to study B.Sc in Physics to study M.Sc in Astronomy? Does Bachelor's Degree in Astronomy available in Mumbai?
12th January 2010, 04:18 PM
himansh

Default Re: Job opportunity after studying astronomy?

After having done a Courses in Astronomy, one can find placement as a Research Scientist with several research institutes and big Government organizations like the Indian Space Research Organization (DRDO).
One can also join non - profit organizations like the Association of Bangalore Amateur Astronomers (ABAA) which involves itself in telescope making, organizing observation sessions for the public and popularization of Astronomy.
As a beginner, one would be inducted as a fellow researcher into an existing team already working on an Astronomy project. The prospects of traveling to far distant lands are also open as international seminars and conventions are held regularly in different countries.
12th January 2010, 04:19 PM
himansh

During the research work, one will receive a monthly stipend of Rs.8, 000 as Junior Researcher while Rs.9, 000 is what one is expected to get as a Senior Researcher. In addition, one will be entitled to an annual book grant.
Hostel accommodation house rent allowance and medical and travel allowances are other benefits available to the researches. One will also get support to participate in national and international seminars and conferences.
After one has completed the research work, employment opportunities with different institutions increase. Various government bodies and institutes also employ astronomers in different grades of scientists. As scientists they are given high salaries with other perks and allowances.
14th January 2010, 05:55 PM
Esha Sharma
Senior Member+

Hey Friend
After doing astronomy you can find jobs in various scientific research center like ISRO, NASA etc. and you can also go in academic field.
20th January 2010, 12:30 AM
sumitkumarinmit

this field guides you to space centre such as DRDO.ISRO,VABA,NASA these are main centre where you can apply
29th January 2010, 11:39 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Astronomy & Astrophysics may be taught as a special course in the M.Sc. programmes of the physics departments in the universities or colleges. It is desirable for a you to acquire proficiency in physics and mathematics at the graduate level and then to Astronomy & Astrophysics specialization. An engineer with a B.Tech or B.E. degree, with an aptitude for Astronomy and Astrophysics, can also enter the field as a research scholar.

Though it is not necessary for you to undergo any formal training in Astronomy and Astrophysics at the undergraduate level, it helps you to develop a general interest in the field, from reading good popular books or as an amateur astronomer. Research Scholars are expected to undergo one year course work in various subjects including Foundations of Classical & Quantum Physics, Mathematical Techniques, Numerical Analysis & Computing, besides introductory courses in Astronomy & Astrophysics. A good Ph.D. programme takes about four years to complete,after that you will dont have to search for job,worlds best job will come at your door steps.

Best of luck
30th January 2010, 12:08 AM
ROHIT KUNDLIYA
Senior Member++

Career in Astronomy

Career in Astronomy - Remuneration:

During the research work, one will receive a monthly stipend of Rs.8, 000 as Junior Researcher while Rs.9, 000 is what one is expected to get as a Senior Researcher. In addition, one will be entitled to an annual book grant.

One will get the opportunity to work with the best brains in the country and will become a part of the intellectual treasure of the would.

Astronomy is the science that deals with the material universe beyond the earth's atmosphere. It is the study of the motion, nature and constitution of heavenly bodies.
30th January 2010, 07:24 PM
Senior Member+++

you can go for job in NASA ,ISRO ,VABA,DRDO ..BEST of luck
28th February 2010, 11:21 AM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend
there is a big bright future in astronomy field....
and there are also a lot of jobs are available in this field...
you can join in many organization like................
bhaba..
I S R O..
and many more..
so
good luck..
28th February 2010, 11:21 AM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend
there is a big bright future in astronomy field....
and there are also a lot of jobs are available in this field...
you can join in many organization like................
bhaba..
I S R O..
and many more..
so
good luck..
13th May 2010, 02:51 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

yes definately, there are very good career after astronomy.
after astronomy, you will find jobs in these company like
ISRO, DARDO and NASA....

ok
all the best.
14th May 2010, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

i am a 2 completed student . i have only 60% marks for physics & mathematics.will i get any seat for studying astronomy?
30th November 2010, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

job opertunity in material science field after studying M.SC physics
15th May 2011, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

what is the highest income in astronomy field?
20th August 2011, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

VERY WELL ANSWERED POSTS.....THANKS FRIENDS
16th February 2012, 12:01 AM
puchu007

Hostel accommodation house rent allowance and medical and travel allowances are other benefits available to the researches. One will also get support to participate in national and international seminars and conferences.
After one has completed the research work, employment opportunities with different institutions increase. Various government bodies and institutes also employ astronomers in different grades of scientists. As scientists they are given high salaries with other perks and allowances.
22nd April 2012, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

respected sir,
i want to ask that in which college i have to take admission for completing my astronomy after 12
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?