7th July 2014, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to get admission in Ph.D(Astronomy) programme for M.Sc(Astronomy) student? In which entrance exam I have to appear?

Hello sir/madam
Now i am doing msc(astronomy)
and i want to do phd in astronomy
can you tell me is it possible
what entrance exam i have to give?????
thank you

21st March 2023, 05:17 PM
AddisonRae

Default Re: Possibility to get admission in Ph.D(Astronomy) programme for M.Sc(Astronomy) student? In which entrance exam I have to appear?

Yes, it is possible to get admission to a Ph.D. program in Astronomy after completing an M.Sc. in Astronomy. The eligibility criteria for admission may vary depending on the university or institute offering the program.

To apply for a Ph.D. program in Astronomy, you will have to appear for a national-level entrance exam such as CSIR-UGC NET, JEST, GATE, or JAM. These exams are conducted to test the candidates' knowledge and understanding of the subject and their aptitude for research.

Before applying for the Ph.D. program, you should check the specific eligibility criteria, including minimum qualifying marks and any other requirements, such as work experience or research publications. You should also research the different institutes and universities that offer Ph.D. programs in Astronomy and choose the one that aligns with your research interests and career goals.

In addition to the entrance exam, you will also have to go through a selection process that may include a written test, interview, and/or presentation of research work. It is important to prepare well for these stages and showcase your potential as a researcher.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?