30th November 2015, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

With less than 60% in graduation am I eligible for PSU jobs?

I score plus 65% in my 10th and 12th but I secured less then 60% in my graduation and I am in reserved category. If I am eligible for any of the PSU

30th November 2015, 05:06 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: With less than 60% in graduation am I eligible for PSU jobs?

Yes, you are eligible for all PSU.
For PSU, you just need 60% or 6.0 cgpa out of 10.

PSU now recruit on the basis of GATE score, so apply for GATE 2017 next year in September.
30th November 2015, 05:59 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

PSU stands for Public Sector Undertakings. Examples of PSUs are NTPC, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL, ONGC etc.

Requirements for PSU recruitment:

1. Bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

2. Valid GATE score as per PSU criteria.

3. Percentage in bachelor's degree is not of much importance but it accounts for 10 marks in recruitment.

So, you are eligible for PSU recruitment with less than 60% in bachelor's degree but you must have good GATE score to compensate for less marks.
30th November 2015, 07:44 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for Public Sector jobs with even less than 60% marks in bachelor's degree. However percentage of marks in bachelor's degree do not play a vital role in getting jobs. What matters the most for recruitment in top PSUs is your GATE scorecard.

Even if you have less marks in bachelor's degree but a rank between 1-500 in your stream, you will be able to get the job provided that you clear interview and Group Discussion.
30th November 2015, 11:41 PM
userdefined

Yess, You are definitely eligible for PSU and there is no doubt in it. Marks doesn't matter but the knowledge matters.
GATE- Gratitude Aptitude Test of Engineering is the Entrance exam conducted for Engineering degree holders and Final year students to get into jobs in PSU's and government organisation. In order to pursue higher studies in India, they uses GATE marks for qualifying.
Being a General category, you have tough competition staying in front of you. But GATE matters only knowledge so anyone can crack it .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?