30th June 2010, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

M.tech in biotech or bioinformatics? Better job opportunities and options?

I , Meenakshi yadav, completed my B.Tech (biotech ) this year only and qualified GATE too. Now i got admission in M.tech (biotech ) in IIT kharagpur.But whomsoever i ask say that after M.tech biotech i will have to go for PhD. i donot want to go for research . Please tell me that after doing M.tech biotech will i be able to get a good job or M.tech in bioinformatics will give better job options.

1st July 2010, 12:25 AM
vidh
Senior Member+

Default Re: M.tech in biotech or bioinformatics? Better job opportunities and options?

Yes friend bio informatic is vastly spread in reserches, but you also valid for the sectors like in database designing & maintenance, sequence analysis, informatics developer, computation chemist, bio analytics,etc
1st July 2010, 12:45 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: M.tech in biotech or bioinformatics? Better job opportunities and options?

biotech is better for latest field.if you dont want to go in research then opt teaching as to earn money instead of a job.
1st July 2010, 12:08 PM
Ms Priyanka

Dear Meenakshi,
If you donot want to go for research,then you must go for M.tech in Bioinformatics,becz there is a huge oppertunities in the upcoming future,you can get job in IT sector pharmaceutical,software designing,teaching lineetc. Their is somany fields related to it so go for it.
1st July 2010, 03:39 PM
Dkiran

hello friend,if have got more interest with computers and technology with molecular biology then it is better to go for bioinformatics and in india it has got a very big demand for that.even though biotech has also got more opportunities you better go for bioinformatics.hey i need one help from you,the help is that please tell about this scholarship to your friends,relatives and as much people as possible because it may be helpful for them also.
5th August 2010, 12:41 AM
khusi

well both these courses are growing very rapidly in India,
right now the demand for bio informatics more in the job sector,
but the choice depends on your interest,take the subject which you think you are more strong in
all the best
11th August 2010, 03:27 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

I think doing M.Tech in biotechnology will be a better option for you.

Somehow, both of these fields have same goals but biotechnology is much demanding for all time as it provides various opportunities in the professional industrial sector and as well as in the R&D sector.

You can start your career in the academics field also by joining reputed institutes as a lecturer in the bio-technology department.

Also in the drug manufacturing companies may be Govt or private ,there are chances to join as senior drug or medicine consultant.

So choose the course now you find better...

At last it all depends on your decision..

All the best!
15th August 2010, 02:13 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

mtech in biotech is more better.
but It's you who can decide that,. You should know to form a good base within the time span you hold. thats it.
30th August 2010, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

ibnul hassan
I am in 3rd sem Msc bioinformatics and i have to do six month project as curriculum part for the 4th sem..after Msc i want to go for job so what would be better six month project or six month training
30th August 2010, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

haseena
i am doing my 3rd sem biotechnology and i want to take Msc in plant science field..MSc in plant biotechnology or agriculture biotechnology is better?
24th December 2010, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

what are the job oppurtunities in India after doing pg abroad in any field of biotechnology like molecular biology ,micro biology etc
26th March 2011, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

pls may i know wat should b the gate score to get admission in iit karagpur?
26th March 2011, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/Madam,
may i knw wat should be the gate score for admissions in iit Karagpur for m.tech in biotechnology?
17th April 2011, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

what are the main subjects for mtech in bioinformaics
18th April 2011, 10:10 AM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

well both these courses are growing very rapidly in India,
right now the demand for bio informatics more in the job sector,
but the choice depends on your interest,take the subject which you think you are more strong in
30th April 2011, 04:26 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Smile Re: M.tech in biotech or bioinformatics? Better job opportunities and options?

M.Tech in biotech is good because there are greater opportunity for getting job........
11th May 2011, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

hi friends, i am completing b.pharma having 6yrs exp. in pharma company (only WHO ) approval.after that i complete clinical research course but till date i am not getting job ? their is near 2yrs of gap for pharma & for clinical research i am fresh what i do?
12th May 2011, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

what are the government organizations that offer project training in biotechnology precisely in delhi or ncr......and how can one apply to it.....
31st May 2011, 06:46 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

If you donot want to go for research,then you must go for M.tech in Bioinformatics,becz there is a huge oppertunities in the upcoming future,you can get job in IT sector pharmaceutical,software designing,teaching lineetc. Their is somany fields related to it so go for it.
31st May 2011, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

what are the job opportunities of bsbe (bio sciences and bioengineering ) btech course from iit kanpur. i wanna pursue research. is this course ok for research or an mtech degree is mandatory ........... somebody please help............
16th June 2011, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12 and want to join B.tech Bio-informatics.Is there any job options for that course? Please help me....
23rd August 2011, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

is bsc bioinformatics,msc bioinformatics good option in career
4th July 2013, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

can i do m.tech in bio tech fter completing b.tech in bio engineering
9th February 2014, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

I completed my btech in bioinformatics in the year 2010 and as a fresher i did not get any job from past four years so now i am planning to do mtech can anyone suggest me whether to do mtech in bioinformatics or biotechnology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?