14th October 2015, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

Marks of 9th class is added to final marks of 10th class in CBSE or KV schools?

My son is studying 9th class and due to my transfer i am going to join my child in Hyderabad kv for 10th class in the next year is there any criteria for adding of marks of 9th class in 10th class final exams in cbse schools/ kvs?

Related Questions:
14th October 2015, 07:59 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Marks of 9th class is added to final marks of 10th class in CBSE or KV schools?

If you are transferring, then there is no need to worry.

Because, the marks of 9th class is not added in 10th class.

Overall results of both the classes are calculated separately. So, there is no need to worry even if you are transferring from one city to another.

However, 10th class is a Board Exam, so you can appear for Board Exam in school or in a Boarding Centre.
14th October 2015, 10:16 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Marks of 9th class is added to final marks of 10th class in CBSE or KV schools?

Yes, there is addition of the marks of the class 9th in the 10th board examination.

There are two semester examination in the 9th class and two in the 10th class. So there is weight age of the marks in the final examination.

So you need to study hard to score best in the 10th class from the 9th as lots of score is based on the performance in the examination.
14th October 2015, 10:43 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, Ninth class marks are not added to 10th class marks, hence you will not face any kind of problem related to that.

Only ninth class certificate will be seen in the new school while admission process.
15th October 2015, 12:16 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

You do not have to be worried about the addition of marks of CBSE Class 9th examination in the final results of Class 10th board examination.

The final result of 10th board examination is totally dependent of your performance in the Class 10th only in various formative assessments and summative assessments.

During Class 10th a student has to face four formative assessment and two sumative assessments. The weightage for each formative assessment in your final result is 10 percent where as the weightage for each sumative assessment in final result is 30 percent.

Also the performance in your Class 9th i.e; result of your Class 9th will be also published in your final result of Class 10th board examination but it does not have any impact on your result of Class 10th. But to be promated to Class 10th you need to pass in your Class 9th.

For more details you can contact to the officials of CBSE through cellphones, Email about which the information is given on the official link of CBSE i.e; www.cbse.nic.in.
15th October 2015, 12:32 AM
RRAL

There is no such a criteria for adding the marks of 9th class into the 10th class in future in CBSE or KV.Basically 9th class exams comes under the home exam and 10th class exam comes under the board exam.So there is no chance of any such scheme which you have mentioned in your question.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?