22nd June 2010, 03:04 PM
saujalvaishnav

Marks needed in GATE exam to get admission in IITs? Which field is better for ECE student?

hello sir,
I am EC student.i want to know how much marks needed in GATE exam to get admission in IITs.and which field is better for EC student.

Related Questions:
  1. In which college can I apply after scoring 40.33 marks in GATE? Can I get admission in any of the IITs?
  2. Admission in IITs after 52-54 marks in GATE (CS) for SC category student?
  3. Syllabus for GATE ECE exam?
  4. Admission to IITs or NITs after 38 marks in GATE CS exam?
  5. How to prepare for GATE exam with BE in Electrical stream? Marks required in GATE to get admission in top IITs and NITs? -- [New]
  6. Is it possible to get admission in M.Tech after passing GATE with 417 in ECE?
  7. Expected GATE rank and chances in admission to IITs after marks withing 49-52?
  8. Can I get into IIT after scoring 41 marks in GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Good colleges where a B.E(ECE) student can get admission through GATE score? Do IITs, NITs and IISc's accept student with high GATE score and less than 60% aggregate?
  10. Can I get admission if secured 32076 rank in GATE-ECE being an OBC student?
  11. Courses offered in IITs for M.Tech after B.Tech ECE?
  12. Can I get into IITs after scoring 47.33 marks and 566 score in GATE ECE
  13. Can I get admission in Osmania University if scored 27 marks in GATE-ECE being a ST student? Should I have to appear in PGECET?
  14. How to prepare to pursue M.Tech from IITs? I am a 2nd year ECE student at GCOE Amravati
  15. Possibility to get admission in NITs or newly opened IITs with 40 marks in GATE?
  16. Solutions to last year GATE ECE papers? What rank is required to get into IITs?
  17. How many seats are there in IITs for CSE through GATE? How to prepare well for GATE?
  18. Good Books to prepare for GATE Exam for Mathematics? Can a M.Sc Maths candidate get good job in MNC? Number of seats in IITs for M.Sc Maths candidates? How many marks should be scored to get admission in IITs for M.Tech Maths?
2nd August 2011, 09:00 AM
sachin200792

Default Re: Marks needed in GATE exam to get admission in IITs? Which field is better for ECE student?

It's not the minimum marks you need to get. You need to through the cut-off for the exam and which is merely decided by the exam result. You can get a general idea of the cut off or minimum marks required for clearing GATE from the previous year results.
2nd August 2011, 02:14 PM
gayatrikarnewar

Smile Re: Marks needed in GATE exam to get admission in IITs? Which field is better for ECE student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saujalvaishnav View Post
hello sir,
I am EC student.i want to know how much marks needed in GATE exam to get admission in IITs.and which field is better for EC student.
Hi, you are a ECE student and want a IIT for Post Graduation its nice.
Each institute has its own cut off percentage in the GATE score.

The following are the common cutoff for institutes
1. Above 96 Percentile for IITs., IISC
2. Between 85-96 Percentile for NITs (previously called as RECs)
3. Less than 85 perentile for Other institutes

And the M.Tech. in Electronics is best field for you and it has good scope also.

So good Luck and study hard.
2nd August 2011, 06:07 PM
redhead

Default Re: Marks needed in GATE exam to get admission in IITs? Which field is better for ECE student?

You can expect getting admission in IITs and IISc through GATE if you score more than 96 percentile. Between 85-96 percentile, you can get admission in NIT. For less than 85 percentile, you can try in other instituitions.

Since you are an ECE student, you can select one amongst the following courses that is offered by the various IITs and IISc.

IISc Bangalore

Electronic Design Technology
Signal Processing
Microelectronics
Communication

IIT Kharagapur:

Automation and Computer Vision
Computer Engineering
Fibre Optics and Lightwave Engineering
Microelectronics & VLSI
Microwave Signals and Systems and Telecommunication Systems Engineering

IIT Guwahati

Electronics and Communication Engineering

IITs also provide M.Tech courses in EE. You can also look for them. Some of them are:

IIT Kanpur

Information systems ( includes Communication, telecom networks and signal processing)
Microelectronics, VLSI and display technologies
Microwave and Photonics
Power and control (includes power electronics and drives, power systems and controls)

IIT Bombay

Communication Engineering
Control and Instrumentation
Power Electronics and Power Systems
Microelectronics

Other than this, other private and government colleges provide various other courses for M.Tech in ECE. You can select one according to your choice.
2nd August 2011, 06:10 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi....electronics and communication branch is one of the most hard fought branches for the gate examination and also the number of students attempting this exam is quite huge as compared to some other branches ...
you have to really work hard for getting admission in the Indian institute of technologies,your rank should be below 250 to get an admission in the top iits if you are an general category student,i can give you the cut of details of iit kanpur for the year 2007 for direct admission.
gen category:750
obc,sc/st:700
generally the cut offs vary from college to college ,the cut offs for interview calls were
general:600
obc:480
sc/st:350
i am also attaching the examination brochure for the complete details
Attached Files
File Type: pdf brochure.pdf(2.45 MB, 106 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?