25th September 2010, 08:53 PM
cynthiacm

Masters degree in biotechnology after B.E. in non-biotechnology stream

Im doing B.E in electronics and communication engg... Can i opt bio-technology as my master's degree?

Related Questions:
  1. Which course I can take up between masters in biotechnology and masters in public health for doing in abroad?
  2. How to do masters in biotechnology after completing my bachelors degree in Biotechnology? Which topics to choose for master studies?
  3. Masters degree in biotechnology after B.E. in non-biotechnology stream
  4. Should I go for BSc Biotechnology or B.Tech Biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Is it possible getting doctorate degree without doing Masters after B.Sc in Biotechnology?
  6. Which course I can take up in masters after completion of B.E in Biotechnology?
  7. Which course I can take for doing M.Sc course after B.Sc in Biotechnology? M.Sc in Clinical research or M.Sc in Biotechnology?
  8. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for M.Sc Biotechnology?
  9. Is there Masters in biotechnology course available in St.Xaviers college?
  10. Which stream to choose in M.Tech to get better job for B.Tech(Biotechnology) student?
  11. What is the procedure to get admission in PhD Biotechnology? What is the eligibility criteria required for admission? -- [New]
  12. What is the procedure of taking admission Masters in Biotechnology in USA?
  13. How to get into Public Sector Biotechnology companies? I have completed masters in biotechnology
  14. Which courses can I opt for after completion of B.Tech in Biotechnology? Is MS associated with Biotechnology a good choice for me?
  15. Which University I can opt in US for doing Masters in biotechnology if I have completed from Pakistan?
  16. Which field I can go for doing Post graduation course after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology?
  17. Is there any scholarship programme available for masters course in UK for Indian Students? What is the criteria and eligibility for getting the scholarship? Universities in UK offering masters in Biotechnology? What is the fee structure?
  18. Previous year sample papers of entrance exam for M.Sc Biotechnology course? List of universities to apply for M.Sc Biotechnology?
26th September 2010, 11:46 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Masters degree in biotechnology after B.E. in non-biotechnology stream

dear friend,

Sorry to say but you can't choose Bio-technology as in your master degree like M.Tech.

As you a student of ECE so you can choose VLSI,Telecommunication,micro controller,micro processor,Networking,Digital communication in your M.Tech specialization which is the branch related to ECE.

But you can't apply for Bio-technology in ME/M.Tech.

So, you should think about these above specialization.

good luck.
28th September 2010, 08:42 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Masters degree in biotechnology after B.E. in non-biotechnology stream

hii.
Masters degree in biotechnology after B.E. in non-biotechnology stream is not possible

Sorry to say but you can't choose Bio-technology as in your master degree like M.Tech.

As you a student of ECE so you can choose
VLSI,
Telecommunication,
micro controller,
micro processor,
Networking,
Digital communication in your M.Tech specialization which is the branch related to ECE.

But you can't apply for Bio-technology in ME/M.Tech.

good luck.
9th October 2010, 10:28 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Masters degree in biotechnology after B.E. in non-biotechnology stream

How can it be possible. For masters you must have a BTech in the field which is relevant.

So to do masters in your biotech you must do gradution in it with biology as your subject in you 12th std.

I would advise you to go for your masters in electronics and communications if you have interest in it otherwise you can consider to go for a job.
9th October 2010, 11:17 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue a masters degree in biotechnology it is important that the candidate must have passed bachelors in the same stream. Also biology should have been one of subjects during 12th standard. So you are not eligible for MSc in Biotechnolgy. However you have other career options like pursing MTech, taking an MBA degree or join the corporate world.
10th October 2010, 02:33 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

sorry dear this is not possible to do you can not take master degree from the biotechnology you can take master degree from the same branch you have in graduation
all the best
11th December 2011, 09:47 PM
nimijanu

Smile Re: Masters degree in biotechnology after B.E. in non-biotechnology stream

sorry since you are persuing your graduation in electronics, its not possible for you to persue M.Tech in biotechnology. both are two different streams which are not connected to each other in anyway. so you cant. but according to me, there are beter scope for electronics when compared to biotechnology which is just an emerging field
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?