7th January 2018, 06:12 PM
Ar_ mi_1974

Maximum and minimum age limit for admission in class 1?

My son is 7 years 5 month now. He will go to standard 1 in 2018. Is this age okay? Or it will create any problem later? Is there any guideline or any Act of Govt. for maximum age limit for class 1?

8th January 2018, 03:54 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Maximum and minimum age limit for admission in class 1?

Your child is eligible to get admission in class 1. According to my knowledge minimum age criteria is 6 years to 6.5 years. And as per this your child is eligible. Let me tell you that there is no maximum age declared for admission in class 1. It depends on ability and capacity of your child.
8th January 2018, 09:53 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age criteria required to take admission in Class 1 is 5 years 6 months. Your son should have passed UKG from a recognised board to be eligible to apply for admission to class 1. There is no maximum age limit for offering admission in class 1 in most of the schools.
8th January 2018, 11:03 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Minimum age to get admission in Class 1 is 5 years. (as on 31 march in that year)

While maximum age to get admission in Class 1 is 7 years. (as on 31 march in that year)

As your ward's age is 7 years 5 month so you may issue while getting admission for Class 1 standard.
9th January 2018, 06:54 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not the perfect age ( 7 years or above ) to get your admitted in Std I.

The common age limit to get admission in Std I is 5 years. There is no official guidelines by government of India.

But you will be eligible to get admission in some of the school where there is no limitation on age limit.
9th January 2018, 09:15 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

As far as you are concerned about the admission of your son in Class 1 who is 7.5 years old now then I would like to let you know that your son is certainly eligible as in the case of most of the board of education there is no age limit for admission in any class where as in case of some boards of education the age of candidate should be such that the age of candidate should be under 14 years by the 1st October of that year in which the candidate is pursuing his/her Class 10th which is satisfied your son's age.
9th January 2018, 10:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

The age criteria required to get admission in 1st standard in most of the schools is 5 years 6 months as on 31st March of the year of admission. The maximum age limit for offering admission in 1st standard is not applicable in many of the schools. Only some schools specify the maximum age limit for offering admission in 1st standard.
13th January 2018, 06:35 AM
chikkykranthi619

There is no such limitations on the child regarding age criteria for entering into 1st standard but if the entry into 1st standard happens between 5 to 6 years generally but no issues your child can get entry into 1st class at this age also but try to jump the classes and get him into next higher class in the future(may be 1st class to 3rd class directly) if he is doing good at his studies.
12th July 2021, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

My son complete 7 years in November 2021 can I take admission on 1st standard
13th September 2021, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

I am 34 can i admission I m c 11 th class
30th September 2021, 08:51 PM
Alvia Khan

You age should be 6 or 7 years for 1 class but there is not any rules.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?