IAS exam eligibility for 35 years aged 10th class pass person

As I m 35 year old i completed my 10 in 1992 in Mumbai
is there any possiblity for IAS exam if yes wat should i do

17th July 2010, 03:05 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: IAS exam eligibility for 35 years aged 10th class pass person

Dear friend
You have exceeded the age limit for civil services examination.
There is no other way to manage that.
Thank You
17th July 2010, 04:24 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
The minimum educational qualification, required to appear for the civil service exam, is a bachelor's degree from a recognised institutes.
As far as the eligible age is concerned, the maximum age limit for candidates belonging to general category is 30 years.
Maximum age limit for candidates belonging to SC/ST category is 35 years and 33 years for OBC.
For more Information, you may visit www.upsc.gov.in.
17th July 2010, 08:59 AM
LOKESH RAJPUT

hello,
i want to tell you that eligibility for IAS is DEGREE from a recognised university.
and age limit for general candidate is 30 years.
so m really sorry to tell you that you are not eligible for IAS exam
17th July 2010, 10:03 AM
Ritu7777

1st-You are not eligible Because you need to qualify Graduation Examination ~
2nd-A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2010, i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1980 and not later than 1st August, 1989.
3rd-# Note: Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clauses of para 3(ii) (b) above, viz. those coming under the category of Ex-servicemen, persons domiciled in the State of J & K, blind, deaf-mute and orthographically handicapped etc. will be eligible for grant of cumulative age-relaxation under both the categories.
17th July 2010, 01:51 PM
harikishan.kethavath

dear friend
your not mentioned about your degree .graduates are eligible for IAS upto 35 years
17th July 2010, 01:53 PM
sharad3010

the age limit fr ias is 30 years but dere r some relaxation which are:

a. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
b. upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.
c. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate had been domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period between January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1989.
d. upto a maximum of 3 years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled during hostilities with foreign countries or in a disturbed area and consequently released.
e. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs / SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on August 1 of the year of examination and have been released:
on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from August 1 of the year of examination) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or
on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or
on invalidment.
f. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ECOs / SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment (5 years Military Service) as on August 1 of the year of examination and whose assignment has been extended beyond 5 years. Such candidates will have to provide a certificate from the Ministry of Defence stating that they can apply for civil employment and they will be released on a notice of 3 months, upon selection, from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
g. upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidates.

hope u r satisfied
17th July 2010, 02:22 PM
jicks

Union Public Service Commission conducts IAS and civil services exam each year. According to the norms set by UPSC, a candidate willing to appear for IAS exam should be in age limit 21 to 30 in August 2010 and also the minimum qualification required to appear for IAS exam is Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent.
17th July 2010, 04:38 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Graduates with atleast 50% marks can appear for the IAS exams.The age limit is 21-30 years.One can make four attempts.OBCs can have seven attempts.For the prelims 300 marks consist of the Optional subjects and 150 for General studies.There are 9 papers for the Main exam.
17th July 2010, 06:08 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

hai
Its not possible. The upper age limit is 30.But if you belong to OBC, then its possible as the upper age limit for tham is 40.
17th July 2010, 10:06 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Sorry Dear it is not possible....................!

For IAS minimum Eiligibility Critteria is such that candidate must be Graduation passed in any field weather through distance or regular mode.

And the age limit for General candidates is 30 years, for OBC 30 years, while for SC/ST there is relaxation of 5 years and for Deaf, Blind etc. there is relaxation of about 10 years.

You have only Matriculation passed, so no possiblity in any condition for you.

Regards
~Faiyaz~

Last edited by faiyaz; 26th August 2010 at 11:34 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
17th July 2010, 10:33 PM
sathsish

Smile Re: IAS exam eligibility for 35 years aged 10th class pass person

hello friend,
yes, what faiyaz said is right...its impossible.
to know more about IAS
visit this following website.
http://www.onestopias.com/about-ias.asp

all the very best dude.!!!
17th July 2010, 11:51 PM
sathsish

hello friend,
sorry to say this
i think you cant get into IAS because
the age limit for candidates is 30 years
you better try in some other field hope so you can get some idea

all the very best dude..!!!
17th July 2010, 11:57 PM
agentroy
Senior Member+

hiiiiii
i am really sorry to say you that you are not eligible for the IAS exam as your age has been crossed the maximum age for the exam
18th July 2010, 12:14 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friends

sorry to say you that you are not eligiable for IAS exam.

as maximum age criteria is 30 year.and minimum qualification require is graduation....
18th July 2010, 12:23 AM
dkbamniya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkbamniya View Post
well Sir,
Any other opputunity in GOVT field.
18th July 2010, 03:26 PM
Senior Member+++

hello sir sorry to say you exceeded the age limit for the ias exam
you can apply in any other govt jobs
18th July 2010, 05:37 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

Sorry to say but, you are not eligible for IAS exam because for IAS exams you have to pass in your Bachelor’s degree. And if your age is between 21 to 30 years, only then you are eligible to apply for IAS exams.

So, as per your qualification you are just 10th passed and your age is more than 30 years. So, you are not eligible to appear in IAS examination.

And the age relaxation is only applicable for SC, ST and Other backward classes. So, it is not applicable for general candidates. So, you are not fulfill any eligiblity creteria, so, you are not eligible for IAS examination.............
18th July 2010, 07:20 PM
happy to help

According to the norms of UPSC the minimum eligibility is graduation and the age limit must be b/w 21-30 years before august 2010
So you are not eligible the test
All the best
31st July 2010, 12:52 AM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

hii friend am sorry to say you this is you are not eligible first for your qualification to apply for the eligibility qualification is graduation and you have goin out of the age limit no its waste ..............try for some computer diploma courses..........

regards
azhar
31st July 2010, 06:34 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Friend its too late for you to talk about IAS exam, where were you till now. If you are a general candidate you have exceeded the maximum age limit.
For appearing in IAS exam you need to be a graduate and I think you not. So its useless for you to go for it.
31st July 2010, 08:07 AM
sathsish

hello friend,
your age limit is 30
sorry,
You have exceeded the age limit for civil services examination.
There is no other way to manage that.
all the very best.!!!
31st July 2010, 11:11 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
sorry but you have crossed the age limit for ias exam. also your educational qualification are not as required. to appear in ias exam you have to do graduation first.
31st July 2010, 11:55 AM
subhash5687
Banned

Exclamation Re: IAS exam eligibility for 35 years aged 10th class pass person

Quote:
sorry dear you are not eligible for it you are out of the age lmit
31st July 2010, 12:19 PM
kalyan333

Thumbs up Re: IAS exam eligibility for 35 years aged 10th class pass person

sorry sir.
there is no way.
maximum age limit is 35 years.
but sc/st candidates have chance.
31st July 2010, 01:58 PM
s.k.singh

dear friend,
IES exam is conducted by UPSC and it is the one of the toughest exam so you have to work hard for it and it will be better if you join a coaching institute providing coaching for IES.
you have to work hard and lots of books are available for IES
all the best
31st July 2010, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

HAI FRIEND AM SOORY TO ASY YOU THIS IS YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBILITY FIRST FOR YOUR QUALIFICATION TO APPLY FOR THE ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATION IS GRADUATION AND YOU HAVE NOT GOING OUT AGE ....SO TRY THE IAS EXAM.............................................. ......

REGARDS
S.KUMAR
31st July 2010, 04:44 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

First of all the eligibility for IAS exam is as follows:

Educational Qualifications

The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

NOTE:

Candidates who have appeared at an examination which would educationally qualify them for the UPSC examination but have not received the the results will also be eligible for admission to the Preliminary Examination. They will have to produce the proof of passing the requisite examination with their application for the Main Examination.
In exceptional cases, UPSC may treat a candidate who has not any of the foregoing qualifications as a qualified candidate, provided that he has passed examination conducted by other Institutions, which UPSC deems fit.
Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications, recognised by Government as equivalent to professional and technical degree would also be eligible for admission to the examination.
Candidates who have passed the final professional M.B.B.S. or any other Medical Examination but have not completed their internship by the time of submission of their applications for the Civil Services (Main) Examination, will be provisionally admitted to the Examination. They will however, have to submit a copy of a certificate from the concerned authority of the University/Institution that they have passed the requisite final professional medical examination with their application . In such cases, the candidates will be required to produce original Degree or a certificate from the University/Institution at the time of their interview .

As you have not mentioned anything about your graduation, therefore, nothing can yet be said about your eligibility.

Now consider the Age Limit:

A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2007, that is, he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1977 and not later than 1st August, 1986.

The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable in the follwing cases:

Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe: upto a maximum of five years.
Other Backward Classes: upto a maximum of three years.
State of Jammu & Kashmir (Domiciled during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989: upto a maximum of five years.
Defence Services personnel : upto a maximum of five years
(disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof)

Ex-servicemen including Commissioned officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st July, 2010 and have been released (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st July, 2007) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or (iii) on invalidment: upto a maximum of five years.
ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as on 1st July, 2007 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three month's notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment : upto a maximum of five years.
Blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons: upto a maximum of ten years.
NOTE I

Cumulative Age relaxation:

Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under other clauses mentioned above will be eligible for grant of cumulative age-relaxation under both the categories.

As it is clearly mentioned age limit is 30 years,Therefore you have crossed the age barrier untill and unless you are an OBC or SC/ST category.

I hope the information is clear.

Good Luck!
1st August 2010, 12:03 AM
Senior Member+++

sorry to say friend you exceeded the age limit as you are 35 and now you can not appply but best of luck there are much more hopes in life
1st August 2010, 11:10 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

I am sorry to say but there is no way in which you can become an IAS officer as you are not eligible to appear in IAS exam.

The minimum educational qualification required for becoming an IAS officer is a degree from any recognised university.

The maximum age limit for appearing in IAS exam is 30 years for general category candidates. Age relaxation is provided in some special cases.

You are not qualified both in terms of education & age.
21st August 2010, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

hi, this is anbu
am doing d.f.tech.. am i eligble for IAS examination, sir... if suppose a candidate is professional
graduate means he is eligible or not... like B.L., OR D.F.TECH, OR MBA., OR MCA
22nd August 2010, 08:14 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

the age criteria for IAS exam, is maximum 30years.. for appear in IAS u must have to complete your graduation..As u have exceed the age limit, so I m sorry u r not eligible for IAS exam..

all the best..
22nd August 2010, 12:07 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi, this is anbu
am doing d.f.tech.. am i eligble for IAS examination, sir... if suppose a candidate is professional
graduate means he is eligible or not... like B.L., OR D.F.TECH, OR MBA., OR MCA

Well, B.L./ MBA/ MCA etc. all are eligible, means any professional graduate degree is acceptable.

D.F.Tech is not acceptable because it is a Diploma course which can be done by 12 pass/ Diploma engineer even.

However, Post Graduate Diploma is acceptable.
22nd August 2010, 12:40 PM
kundan5334
Junior Member+

dear friend ,
you are not eligible for the ias exam because age is exeeded the limits.
22nd August 2010, 01:46 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
I am very sorry to inform you that you are not eligible for IAS.the age limit is 30 years.but there is age relaxation for sc/st candidate.for more details log on to www.upsc.gov.in.
Good Luck!
22nd August 2010, 01:53 PM
Rickers

Hello,
Sorry!!!! dear no chance for you as you are crossed the age limit and you are just a metric pass student.
The minimum criteria for appearing into the IAS exam will be,

Educational Qualification:
Graduation in any discipline of education.
Age limit:
Not more than 30. For SC/ST it should be 35.

So you are NOT eligible for IAS exam.
22nd August 2010, 02:57 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

you are not eligible for IAS exam because for IAS exams you have to pass in your Bachelor’s

degree.The maximum age limit for appearing in IAS exam is 30 years for general category

candidates,but You have exceeded the age limit for civil services examination.Candidates

possessing professional and technical qualifications, recognized by Government as equivalent

to professional and technical degree would also be eligible for admission to the examination.
22nd August 2010, 03:37 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: IAS exam eligibility for 35 years aged 10th class pass person

dear friend
to be eligible for IAS your age limit is 21 year but not less than 30 years.

there is age relaxation for SC/ST and OBC students like

5 years- SC/ST

3 years-OBC.

as your age is 35 so u will not be able to appear for the IAS exam unless you are SC/ST.

if you are SC OR ST then you will get 1 chance.

all the best.
22nd August 2010, 05:01 PM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

for general candidates the maximum age limit is 30 years.

for sc candidates it is 35 years.

for obc candidates it is 33 years.

so you can see that age eligibility.if you belongs to any of above category then you can get answer of your question.

all the best.
22nd August 2010, 06:17 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

hey !! sorry ...you were late on this ...you have already exceeded your age limit for Giving IAS exams...But still dont loose hope..You can always give other administrative exams afterwards...try for something different that will satisfy you...because Job satisfaction is very important than anything else..

GOOD LUCK
22nd August 2010, 06:52 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

you are not to be join ias exam because your age is over only those student do ias which is age limit 30 year so you can join pvt exam.
good luck
22nd August 2010, 08:16 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,
some criteria for u should remember:

1: u have to appear for the civil service exam(CSE), after a bachelor's degree from a recognised institutes.
2: age limit for general category is 30 years.

3: age limit for SC/ST category is 35 years and 33 years for OBC.

For more Information,visit: www.upsc.gov.in.

Best of luck
22nd August 2010, 09:01 PM
Raj333

dear friend
if you are general or obc candidate than you will not eligible for giving the upsc exam ...........maximum age for general candidate is 30 year and for obc candidate is 33 years for giving the upsc exam ........... for upsc exam candidate must get there UG degree.............
if you are sc or st candidate then you have a chance to give upsc exam if you are getting your UG degree otherwise you are not eligible.........

best of luck.....................
22nd August 2010, 10:52 PM
answers_for_you

Sorry to say that you are not eigible for the IAS exam.

Since you are not satisfying in any of the eligibility criteria for the IAS exam.

First that you are not an graduate and second thing is that you are out of age..
The age limitation is in between 21 years to 30 years if you are belonging to a general category.
14th September 2010, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

sir why not we have chance to write an ias exam sir why not sir we have no money to study higher eduction so why not fc can write why is only sc/st person can write why we are not an human why we do not have brains why beacuse we are fc when you peaple will know the true pain
15th September 2010, 10:06 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

as you are 35 year old then you have crossed the age limit to appear in IAS exam.

So i am very sorry to say you that you are not eligible for IAS.

Thank you.
16th September 2010, 09:01 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir why not we have chance to write an ias exam sir why not sir we have no money to study higher eduction so why not fc can write why is only sc/st person can write why we are not an human why we do not have brains why beacuse we are fc when you peaple will know the true pain

Dont worry HRD, Ministry is hanging out with this problem.

And apart from replacing Preliminary with CSAT [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/fisa/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]or civil service amptitude test recommendations are been made to reduce the age limit granted to various communities.

However, just report has been made it will take long time before implementation, we can say 1-5 years at least.

Let's see what will happen
26th September 2010, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

curently i am in 11th non med. Can i give ias or ips exam this year or in 2.
27th September 2010, 09:54 PM
helpmaster

for appearing in iAS or ips exam you need to be a graduate first so first become graduate which is the minimum required condition for the exam.
you are still in 11 so work hard to pass out your 12 and graduation so that you can do better in upsc exam for ias or IPS
for details visithttp://www.upsc.gov.in
28th September 2010, 11:36 AM
yogeshkumarsoni

hi,
your age is expired about IAS exam .
and your education is only 10th passed .
IAS exam is gate graducation candident and age limit is 30 year.
so you are not eligibal for IAS exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?