11th April 2012, 11:41 AM
shameelanaz

Maximum number of attempts for IFS Exam for a candidate of General category?

hello sir...please tell me that how many attempts are there for general category in IFS??

11th April 2012, 03:04 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Maximum number of attempts for IFS Exam for a candidate of General category?

There is no specific exam for IFS, to become an IFS officer one has to appear and crack the Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years.

The selection of Civil Service exam is through three phases:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

Regarding number of attempts to Civil Service exam:-

For General Candidate-Four Attempts

For OBC candidate-Seven Attempts

For SC/ST/PH candidate-No Limit

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
11th April 2012, 04:56 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Maximum number of attempts for IFS Exam for a candidate of General category?

civil services examination is conducted by UPSC for reeuitment to various All India Services including I.A.S , I.P.S , .I.F.S ,I.R.S

Exam consists of three stages:

Preliminary exam
Main Exam
Interview

Educational qualification :
any degree of a recognized university
Age limit:
min of 21 year & max of 30 years for general
33 years for OBC
35 years for SC/ST

Number of Attempts:

General candidates : 4 times
OBC : 7 times
SC/ST : no limit
28th May 2012, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirajen18 View Post
There is no specific exam for IFS, to become an IFS officer one has to appear and crack the Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years.

The selection of Civil Service exam is through three phases:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

Regarding number of attempts to Civil Service exam:-

For General Candidate-Four Attempts

For OBC candidate-Seven Attempts

For SC/ST/PH candidate-No Limit

Selection is via Civil Services and separate exam also which is Indian Forest Service Examination(taken by UPSC only). For further info see http://www.upsc.gov.in/general/examgen.htm then see third option whose link is http://www.upsc.gov.in/general/ifs.htm
27th August 2012, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

hi can any one tell me the age limt for obc category
1st April 2013, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

thanks
2nd April 2013, 10:43 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

IFS - Indian Forest Service/Indian Foreign Service, to become an IFS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted every year by UPSC.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian national having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness.

There is certain restriction on number of attempts to IFS, Civil Service Exam:-

General Category Candidate - 4 attempts

OBC category candidate - 7 attempts

SC/ST category candidate - No such restriction.

2nd April 2013, 04:47 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends………… ..

IFS Stands for Indian Forest Service.

And this Examination is Conducted Union Public Service Commission.

eligibility Criteria ;

you should Complete Bachelor degree Course from recognized University.

You should having any one of the like, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science /Botany /Chemistry /Geology /Mathematics /Physics /Statistics /Zoology Etc.. in Bachelor degree Course.

If you studied any one of the Subject than Definitely applicable for this Examination .

Your age must be attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 year........

Number of Attempts:

General candidates : 4 times.

OBC : 7 times

SC/ST : no limit

All the best
17th May 2014, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

i am in final year of my graduation and my final exams are in april 2015 will i be eligible to write csat in 2014 august..... please let me know
9th June 2015, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

Sir please tell me that ...Is IFS and IAS exam attempts is agreegated both or the attempts count is differ from each other??
14th December 2015, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

if i apply for civil services preliminary for ifs and attempt the exam will my attempt also be counted under civil services preliminary ias and ips?
15th December 2015, 05:52 PM
sattil

IFS means Indian Forest Service.

Maximum number of attempts for IFS Exam for candidate of General category are maximum of 4 times.

For OBC category, it is 7 times.

For SC or ST category : No limit

This is a UPSC Exam to join Indian Forest Service.

It is a separate exam and not clubbed in civil services. You must complete Graduation to apply for IFS Exam.
7th December 2017, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I belongs to general category. Sir I want to apply for Indian Forest Service. I'm having small doubt regarding this upsc pattern. I.e., if I write this examination will there be deduction in years for upsc civil. Please help me in this sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?