17th September 2010, 07:12 PM
anishettan

Merchant navy after mechanical engineering? Is it possible to become captain of a ship?

IS it possible to be a captain of a ship after graduating in mechanical engineering and then doing a 1 yr course in merchant navy????

19th September 2010, 01:08 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Merchant navy after mechanical engineering? Is it possible to become captain of a ship?

Well yeah its possible. Its not possible to become the captain of the ship at one instant. It takes time and hardwork to become one.

After you complete your course then you will be put to a deck cadet post most probably and then you will have to answer the entrance tests to go to the next level.

So keep clearing the tests and one day if you perform well you can surely be the captain of the ship..

All the best
24th September 2010, 08:31 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Merchant navy after mechanical engineering? Is it possible to become captain of a ship?

hii.
u have to clear the entrace and match the qualities of acapten to become one..

good luck.
3rd October 2010, 03:09 PM
127640himanshu

i am in 3rd year of mechanical engineering with aggregate of 76%.i suffers from constipation
occasionally.will constipation hinder me to join merchant navy after mechanical engineering.
although my physique is good.i am 6ft and weighs 72kg.
17th December 2010, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

i am prefinal yera mechanical engg. student..please tell me how can i apply for merchant navy.
26th December 2010, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

what is the fastest track to become captain in merchant navy?
19th February 2011, 08:24 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

Merchant navy after mechanical engineering
After you complete your course then you will be put to a deck cadet post most probably and then you will have to answer the entrance tests to go to the next level.
So keep clearing the tests and one day if you perform well you can surely be the captain of the ship..

good luck
29th April 2011, 04:26 AM
Unregistered

pls tell the shiping companies in india.
13th June 2011, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

After 12 ,what course should i opt to become a master mariner?
6th December 2011, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

i have low aggregate in b.tech mech.
its about sixty percent can i join merchant navy.and what is the retirement age limitation in this fieled
how can i a job in this
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?